Team Games and Heroes

Luckmann

Esusian Epicure
I've got a bit of a casual question on a topic I'm a bit unsure of. My gut tells me no, but my hopes says yes.

If me and a friend start a team game, both as the same civilization, will both of us be able to build the national hero? I.e. if we are both Svartalfar, will both of us be able to build Alazkan the Assassin?

First my gut were telling me "no" since they're supposedly "unique", but then I got to thinking that it could have a lot to do with how it's implemented. If they're implemented like unique wonders, it's an obvious no. But on the other hand, they could be implemented like some kind of national wonder units.

So I simply have to ask. :)

Keep in mind that one team member can have a unique unit in their build queue. This is especially important when teamed with an AI, since if the AI starts building the unit, you can't.

Since you are playing as Svart, I would make sure that you use this knowledge to your advantage and be sure to be ready as soon as your hero can be built, and start building right away... or at least get him in queue. This prevents your teammate from building and controlling the unit. :ninja:

Keep in mind that one team member can have a unique unit in their build queue. This is especially important when teamed with an AI, since if the AI starts building the unit, you can't.

Since you are playing as Svart, I would make sure that you use this knowledge to your advantage and be sure to be ready as soon as your hero can be built, and start building right away... or at least get him in queue. This prevents your teammate from building and controlling the unit. :ninja:

That's a great suggestion, for team games with the AI. The reason I was asking, though, is that because I just recently introduced a friend to Fall from Heaven 2, and showed him the site with the civilizations and religions. He immediatly took a liking to Empyrean.. and Calabim. Which, regrettably, is my absolute favourite combo. :p

It's not very good that you have to compete with teammates, to build unique things.

In the case of AI teammates, these things should always be given to the human player.

i think the chane was made so that they will NOT build that stuff when teamed with human of the same civ/religion, specifically for thesplintered court scenario (probably applies to the epic game too)

i think the chane was made so that they will NOT build that stuff when teamed with human of the same civ/religion, specifically for thesplintered court scenario (probably applies to the epic game too)

I know that the first time I played Splintered Court I was ninja'ed on Alazkan.... but when I played it again recently.... all was well.... so maybe that has changed

Top Bottom