• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Team Name final vote

Team name:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cIV_khanh93

Prince
These were the top two options from the first poll, so that people who voted for less popular names get a recast. Pick Saturn OR Sol, voting forboth is essentially a waste of your vote.

Saturn all the way! Saturnian citizens, gather around our what will hopefully be an intergalactic empire! Lol:lol:

Hey, never thought my little throwaway suggestion would make it to the #2 spot. Though it's pretty obvious that Saturn has won.

So what will we name our cities? Planets? Stars? Moons? All three? Will our capital be Saturn or the Sun or something else?

Personally I think our capital should be named Saturn and all the other cities be named after its its moons. Titan, Mimas, Rhea, Atlas, Phoebe, Telesto, Hyperion, Calypso... lots of great names to choose from. And 60 moons total, plenty! (well, 52 with names)

Capital would be Saturn. I say that, in order of importance, other cities should be named the Sun, planets (earth first of course), biggest moons, other moons, then "unnamed moon" or "orbiting asteroid"

Capital would be Saturn. I say that, in order of importance, other cities should be named the Sun, planets (earth first of course), biggest moons, other moons, then "unnamed moon" or "orbiting asteroid"
I agree - I wouldn't mind chucking in a star name here and there, either (I particularly like Sirius). Although it'll take us quite a while to get through all the planets alone (10 cities is quite a lot, remember). Adding in all the moons and the the asteroids might be getting a bit ambitious... we'd need about 100 cities to get to that point. :lol:

All in all though, I think we should decide upon our capital name (Saturn seems to make sense), then vote on all the other city names as the time comes near for them to be founded. I think it'll be more fun that way - voting for each new city name as the time comes, rather than deciding upon a rigid list now and just working our way through it in the game. ;)

Congrats, Team Saturn. :goodjob: Although I must say, I'll always think of this when I see your team name:
:lol:

Ah, I remember playing the Sega Saturn when I was about 9 or 10... the game Guardian Heroes in particular. Good times. :)

I agree - I wouldn't mind chucking in a star name here and there, either (I particularly like Sirius). Although it'll take us quite a while to get through all the planets alone (10 cities is quite a lot, remember). Adding in all the moons and the the asteroids might be getting a bit ambitious... we'd need about 100 cities to get to that point. :lol:

All in all though, I think we should decide upon our capital name (Saturn seems to make sense), then vote on all the other city names as the time comes near for them to be founded. I think it'll be more fun that way - voting for each new city name as the time comes, rather than deciding upon a rigid list now and just working our way through it in the game. ;)

:lol:

Ah, I remember playing the Sega Saturn when I was about 9 or 10... the game Guardian Heroes in particular. Good times. :)

Yeah, i dont expect us to get past 10 cities either, just my idea of how we should name them.

Why would we name our capitol after our team name though? Why not use Titan, the largest moon around Saturn? That sounds pretty cool too.

Why would we name our capitol after our team name though? Why not use Titan, the largest moon around Saturn? That sounds pretty cool too.
Yeah, that's a nice idea.

We can discuss this in detail when we begin the game.
Actually, it's probably a good idea to settle on the first city name before we begin the game, since we'll quite likely be founding on the first turn. No sense delaying further once we start the game. ;)

I should have said something more to the effect of "closer to 4000AD" than when we start. There is a renaming function just in case though. I agree that Titan would be better than Saturn. I think Sun and Earth should make appearances too.

"Sun", "Earth" and "Moon" are crappy names. You got to use Latin or Greek ones to sound cool and fancy, such as Sol/Helios, Terra/Geo, and Luna/Selene. ;)

"Sun", "Earth" and "Moon" are crappy names. You got to use Latin or Greek ones to sound cool and fancy, such as Sol/Helios, Terra/Geo, and Luna/Selene. ;)
I second (or perhaps third? :p ) that idea.

Top Bottom