Teams

zxcvbob

Emperor
I've started a couple of games (haven't finished one yet) where I've teamed-up with an AI against several other AI teams. They've been interesting.

First one, I was Poland and allied with The Huns. I thought it would be nice as Poland to start out with Animal Husbandry, and I also thought he'd be a good partner for domination. It was interesting to watch how quickly he got 4 cities up (I don't know how he did that, even going straight Liberty) and started producing military units, but very quickly he stopped contributing any science and we fell far behind in tech even tho' I was focusing on science. Also he kept declaring war on city states; he only conquered one but all the CS's hated me for it too.

Second try, I was Arabia and my partner was Gandhi. This one started out okay; at least he researched the same things I did so we finished each tech quickly enough. But his whole military was 2 or 3 warriors that he never upgraded, and he didn't even build any war elephants. So when Assyria declared war, I had to defend Delhi with my camel archers to keep him from getting wiped out completely. Usually India defends really well, but his cities didn't even have walls even tho' I knew he had researched Chivalry and he gets a unique castle with extra defense.

I may try one more time, but can't think of a team that will work. (been playing on a North v South map, which I believe is made for this) I think the concept is just broken.

I don't bother to team with AIs, they are too dumb... they will make peace when you want to war, or backstab your current trading partners

Top Bottom