Tech Path 1695 AD

grant2004

Citizen
We've just completed democracy and I don't think we've figured out exactly where we're going on the tech tree next.

We've certainly got a good number of options.

Music/Gunpowder/Military Tradition
-allows cavalry and musketmen, useful upgrades which will avoid the melee bonus of Roman crossbows and greatly increase our attacking power

Theology/Divine Right
- For Versailles and spiral minaret, good for improving our gold flow

RP/Gunpowder/Rifling
- A longer tech path, but allows for those lumber mills we've been waiting for as well as Riflemen

Economics/Corporation
- Gives us Wall Street, could be very useful in EA

Gunpowder/ Chemistry
- Allows Grenadiers and Frigates

Scientific Method/Physics
-To get the free scientist

Of course there are certainly path's that I'm missing here, what else do you guys see and what do you think are the most useful things to go for. At the moment as we are considering war against Rome I'd be most in favour of going for the military tradition path, possibly adding in Drama which will only take 1 additional turn.

Music/Gunpowder/Military Tradition
This one sounds best to me

Theology/Divine Right
Nope

RP/Gunpowder/Rifling
I could agree to this one

Economics/Corporation
Only if we're not going to fight the Romans yet

Gunpowder/ Chemistry
I prefer both the Military Tradition and the Rifling path

Scientific Method/Physics
Scientific Method blocks monastries, blocks 3-shrine-money-madness.

Given our next war on Romans, the first option looks best.

Drama/Music/Military Tradition/Gunpowder

(or Drama/Music/Gunpowder/Military Tradition).

If muskets needed fast, then Gunpowder previous than MT;

if not MT first because to get West Point as soon as possible

can really make a difference.

Best regards,

Agreed fed, I had though macemen upgraded to musketmen, which was wrong, without that there isn't as large a need for gunpowder and it makes a lot more sense to have it last on the list after military tradition.

RP/Gunpowder/Rifling

I would like this one best, as we can build our total production as we prepare for war to produce more troops, due to our very limited number of military cities. Cavalry is not that badly needed, if the infantry force is strong enough. RP gives us needed hammers, and riflemen would both shelter our cities and allow us to have a strong overseas expeditionary force to secure our space race win.

Military Tradition is ok, but not as good as this path, due to the difference in productivity gains and that we frankly can do great without cavalry in the first war.

I throw my vote on the RP-Rifling bandwagon.

This is a pioneer bandwaggon sort of bandwaggon that could house a whole extended corpulent family of settlers heading for Oregon.

OK, then I throw my vote in too :D!

We can plot in drama (1 turn), right after RP, as we can build theaters in key locations in conquered Roman territories.

So RP -> Drama -> Gunpowder -> Rifling is the new proposal then? Sounds like a plan to me!

Yes, I promise to make no "Drama" if Drama is put right after RP. :)

Top Bottom