Tech Tree Suggestions to improve the Late Game

Thanks, Iztvan! I'm waiting to see what changes are made in Conquests. For instance, I'm curious as to what Fascism is linked. Where does it come in the "official" tech tree?

Some really good ideas Roundman. I like the tech change ideas, but my only concern is having the new units keep the pre-existing balance of attack v. defense.

Roundman

Good suggestion.

The airplane technologies could be called biplanes (early flight) and monoplanes (flight).

I like the idea to adjust the tech tree. I've had a game with a scientific civ were flight was my last required tech and I got rocketry as the free advance. Instant jet flighters.

I have also built carriers prior to having flight and that seems weird.

The one advance that I feel is missing in the modern age is the TRANSISTOR. It should be an expensive tech that gives nothing immediate but enables other techs like computers.

I would like to re-research a tech to get a new unit, like fligth biplanes, flight again scouts(reconnacance), again and you get figther or bombers, then again and you get the one you didn't get; sure there has to be other examples as this one if not a tech could give bonuses to your army, radio +1 attack (coordination), sanitation + 1 health(a green square)...

MOD THE GAME

Adding units, messing with stats... its all not that hard. Adding techs aint too bad either (until you get to having to make arrows :cringe: )

We have a wealth of units in C&C, such as biplanes. We have loads of building art too that could simulate a lot of this. Some of it is even full, top notch quality.

I would say go for it! This could lead to a very successful mod.

Well, adding units is easy... but adding a lot of techs, reworking the techthree, and worst of all getting it balanced andd working properly... that's not done in an afternoons work! Not by me atleast! ;)

But, lets wait for Conquests, and see. It will probably be all my dreams coma true! :p

Adding techs is a pain I will admit that. I still need to learn how to do it (not that I don't know how, its just I haven't really down it) for my... SECRET PROJECT

Speaking from a purley graphic sense of view.....(aesthetics here)
Bi planes and Blimps would have been great visuals...Blimbs....spy things that can drop bombs...Bi plane fighters...recon and blimb/other bi plane killers
Flight and Navy need to be greatly improved adding 2 more dimensions to units/warfare...perhaps conquests (which i hear is really balanced and good) has addressed these better.
PTW had the Conquistidor and guerilla and Medevil inf. which-graphically speaking-were all nice addtions-especially the Conquistidor-shows that there are some arty fellows over there-

I totally agree with the changes to flight, but must disagree with your suggestion to move ecology. "Ecology" should not be cofused with "Environmentalism" - the post-nuclear movement you allude to. Ecology deals with the study of interconnected ecosystems and is a direct reaction to the poor environmental quality brought about by industrialization. However, I agree that you should not be able to get a working solar power plant right after industrialization. Solar Cells should follow Ecology and Space Flight. I would make cleaning up pollution take twice as long in the industrial ages and Ecology should double the rate of cleaning pollution, bringing it back to current game levels.

This would work very well with other proposals for environmental pacts as suggestions for future diplomatic agreements as pollution would play a much bigger role in empire management. (I also might suggest that pollution should act like disease and have a small chance of killing off population, but that is getting off topic)

Originally posted by Pirate
I totally agree with the changes to flight, but must disagree with your suggestion to move ecology. "Ecology" should not be cofused with "Environmentalism" - the post-nuclear movement you allude to. Ecology deals with the study of interconnected ecosystems and is a direct reaction to the poor environmental quality brought about by industrialization.

I like my placement of Ecology. Maybe its name could be changed to Environmentalism.

Solar Cells should follow Ecology and Space Flight. I would make cleaning up pollution take twice as long in the industrial ages and Ecology should double the rate of cleaning pollution, bringing it back to current game levels.

This would work very well with other proposals for environmental pacts as suggestions for future diplomatic agreements as pollution would play a much bigger role in empire management. (I also might suggest that pollution should act like disease and have a small chance of killing off population, but that is getting off topic)

Good ideas

Environmentalism could have its own wonder of the world "Earth Day", Gives Every city one happy face, reduces pollution world wide and another happy face to your cities.

the game gose way to fast from colineal times to ww2. then skips some time in the 50 and 60s

i wont get into all of it, but ill allso just focus on fligh, ill wright the rest down, and post them later

fligh- gives ww1 bi plains, and zeplins
improvev flight(or airodynamics?) -ww2 fighters, bomber, fighter bomber(a new unit needed), eaerly paratroopers
jet engins-early jets, the mig 15 (i think the me 262 or me 162 might be to early) heilys
advanced flight-more modren jets, mig 21, f 15, modrean paratroopers

sorry if this sounds no dif.. :p

I disagree with the notion that solar power plants are dependent on photovoltaic (solar) cells. Many implementations of solar power actually rely on concentric rings of mirrors that are used to focus the sunlight onto a point, where the heat is used to boil a liquid, which in turn powers a turbine. I think this is the idea of solar power that the Civ guys are hinting at.

Originally posted by Arizona_Steve
I disagree with the notion that solar power plants are dependent on photovoltaic (solar) cells. Many implementations of solar power actually rely on concentric rings of mirrors that are used to focus the sunlight onto a point, where the heat is used to boil a liquid, which in turn powers a turbine. I think this is the idea of solar power that the Civ guys are hinting at.

Yes you are absolutely correct. I'm embarassed that I didn't think that through. However, the coordinated tracking of the mirrors requires computers, does it not?

IMO, i think that the future world will be powerd by nuclear power or fussion(if invented)

Originally posted by EddyG17
IMO, i think that the future world will be powerd by nuclear power or fussion(if invented)

Leftist Green Parties/ Environmentalists will do their best to prevent widespread usage of nuclear power. I don't know what their doctrine says about Fusion. However, both fission and fusion are represented in the Civ 3 tech tree already, and civs can build nuclear power plants.

Top Bottom