Technologies

Here is the tech tree, i havnt put anything into XML because i want to know what you guys think should change or go into it. And its on a link because its a really big image, and i know the quality image is bad but who cares its just a representation lol. I think there are 81 techs, and the amount and order is copyied off the vannila tech tree, but the arrows are changed up a bit.

KEY:
The Green Arrow means OR when you unlock new techs (means either green line will unlock it)
The black arrow means AND when you unlock new techs (means you need both to lines to unlock it)
Blue writing is just a suggestion of where a unit/building or promotion should be unlocked
Black Writing means it will go in for sure
The bold means thats the tech name

And this is part of the tech tree it would let me get a image any bigger, so there is a second part
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/Commanderbly_2008/swtechtree2.jpg
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/Commanderbly_2008/swtechtree3.jpg - Second Part

and i dont know if there is a specific border we will use if any on the dds buttons for these?

You need to add one for advanced fighters/bombers and move bombers back alittle so that it is an earlier tech

Where is fighters on that tech map it needs to be one of the ones that leads to bombers

Advanced Power Engines tech makes the scout fighter like the z-95, the Turbo Lasers tech makes the medium fighter like an X-Wing.

And i do have the adv for fighters and bombers its on the other part, which ill put on in just a sec

and ill put the bombers earlier like you suggested

Ok here is the other part of it I also put it in the top post

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/Commanderbly_2008/swtechtree3.jpg

Thats great if you can make it I'll add it in so we can go on to get an alpha version out

Could you post that here soon? i could add it in and we'll get on the way to succesful sw mod. After this your doing some unit graphics right.

I already have buttons for force powers.

i know i meant for the technologies not the force powers, and im almost done i have to put the civilopedia for them, the quotes and the 2d buttons if you want me to do that

I don't care about the border and you can do the 2d buttons

Here are the updates

Technology Stats: Complete (just have to put the plot and improvments in)
Technology Text: Complete
Technology Civilopedia: Complete

2d buttons: Working on Right now
Quote Sounds: Not Complete
Quotes: Not Complete

That is great

Another update :)

Technology Stats: Complete
Technology Text: Complete
Technology Civilopedia: Complete
2d buttons: Complete
Quote Sounds: Working On Right Now
Quotes: Not Complete

And i decided to lay off the improvements and plots because its really confusing with which plot type is which, i guess i can do improvements later on though because that will conflict with gameplay. The Improvments can also be hard because which improvements will be in space and which ones on land. Im going to leave these blank so we can change it when we know exactly what plots and improvements we will be using

and i made the eras XML and text (just the names, details can be made later) and the 2d buttons are really nice and completely done, ill try to post a sample later.

this is great you are amazing

Maybe Turbolasers should require blasters? wouldnt that make more sense?

and I hope the New republic and such cant get dark force? and like Empire gettting light force? are those alternate techs?

I don't think they're different i think its one technology The Force

the techs dont define what religions can and cant do, so it wouldnt really be up to me

EDIT I some of the tech stuff when i put them in like aerial military tactics with Frigates

the techs dont define what religions can and cant do, so it wouldnt really be up to me

EDIT I some of the tech stuff when i put them in like aerial military tactics with Frigates

I have an idea, you could have The Force Religion, and you can choose if u waant Dark or Light like a choose religion is on, but only those two are avilible for it. plus, it shoudl have the fisrt 2 people to get it get religions so both religions end u existing.
:p

I don't want to critisise too much, since trying to think up a tech tree just makes my head spin. I'm not up to it at all... But "Solar Powered Starhips"? Sounds a bit too much to give huge bonuses for that even in Star Wars.

I have to agree maybe you should take that one out.

Top Bottom