Technology

marste

Chieftain
Can anyone offer any help?

I've never managed to research all the available technology despite completing the game. I've completed the game in the 1900's many times with more technology to research. Is it possible to research everything? If so, how?

Set the victory conditions such that you can control when you win - eg disable all but spaceship or diplolomatic. This will ensure you research all techs and don't accidentaly win by culture or domination. If you win by conquest you obviously wont get them all done so don't be so aggresssive if this is so.
A full-tech war can be very interesting if you have never experienced it with all the different units (eg bombers, paratroopers).

1.Roads everywhere
2.Libraries, universities, research facilities
3. Trade techs with opponents, playing higher difficulty will help as the opponents contribute more.

For general strategy help, try checking out some succession games iin the succession game forum, read some articles in the war academy or post a save for critique.

I've done it before, the most I've done is to Future Tech 3. That was on Chieftan and the AI was running around with spearmen :)

Since I've moved on, I have rarely gotten to the modern age unless going for a spaceship victory.

Bottom line is just hold off winning the game.

Go in phases of war-peace. When in war phase, kill an AI as fast as possible, to avoid World war. This will increase your land/income so science gets done faster. Once in the Modern age, don't war until done with Intergrated defense. If you wish to be cheap, destroy all but a single civ stuck on a single island. Then research and once done researching, for fun only, give back a few cities and wait 20 turns or so, and start attacking.

Top Bottom