Tecmo Super Bowl

Naturally...

But Madden's games have really been alot of fun too, especially since you can do the "franchise" mode.

But the first Techmo Bowl, with Bo Jackson aka (World's Fastest Human Being) and the Bears, with their ultimate play, was by far the most fun, for it's time.

P.S. Nice Thread!

Theres a great editor for tecmo superbowl which allows you to customize team and player names and all their attributes. There's also many large, successful leagues which play the game online :goodjob:

I need to catch you online sometime to find this place... We used to have large tourneys where we played entire seasons...

YES, we were that bored...:D

No one could stop Warren Moon and the most ultimate badass offense ever created!

I love the new rosters.....having Mike Alstott send defenders rolling back play after play.

Dominating the season despite injuries galore and then getting amuled in the playoffs, good times.

The closest thing I've found to Tecmo is NFL Blitz, but it's a little more arcade-ish than Tecmo ever was.

I do like the after the play extra-curricular activities though.

"What the *bleep* is going on here anyway?"

Originally posted by drake
Anybody else ever play the best (american) football game ever made?

I LOVED Tecmo Superbowl...remember the old Tecmo before they started using NFL teams?

NFL Fever! :yeah:

Originally posted by wtiberon

I LOVED Tecmo Superbowl...remember the old Tecmo before they started using NFL teams?

They never used fake teams, ever. In the first one they didn't use all the teams but they were using the correct rosters and team names.

On the subject more, Tecmo is the best football game ever. I played that game so muich I own it with Indy and New England. Besides it's the only game I remember with Mel Grey in it. That man is the best true back-up in the game. Two back systems don't count.

Digging an old thread up.........came back to CFC out of curiosity sake.

Actually fool, I think he was referring to the original tecmo arcade game, which did feature nameless teams and players.

Was it on the NES? The one where you could throw the football almost entirely across the field?

Ahhh the 100+ yard bombs. It saved me in a late season game (where opponents are 5x faster than you) where I scored the only touchdown in the game to win 7-2 on the final play of regulation.

I remember a Super Nintendo game called Tecmo Super Baseball. It was fun and sometimes a batter would hit it far right field and the outfielder would throw it to first base line drive like SUPER-fast in like half a second and get the guy out.

Top Bottom