temples

lordmacroer

Warlord
I hear alot of people talking about researching alphabet and building libraries in every city. Sounds like a good idea, but what is the deal with temples?

-Do you build thouse in every city too?
-How early should you build temples?
-Should you worry about culture at all if you plan to change you government to communism?
-How else can you gain culture besides wonders and great people and temples?

-Do you build thouse in every city too?
Generally, yes. When I play online, the entire first part of the game is offensive, then I once I've taken a couple enemy cities, I start to build temples and Libraries in all of my cities.

-How early should you build temples?
After you've built Libraries.

-Should you worry about culture at all if you plan to change you government to communism?
Yes. You're most likely only going to switch to Communism later in the game, so in the early game you want to get GP, while you don't want your cities to culture flip to another civilization.

You can gain culture by certain Government types as well, like Monarchy.

As Kadazzle wrote, by changing government type. The driving force behind culture though is the size if your city. Each inhabitant generates one culture as basis.

I try to build temples as soon as I can in every city. It's useful if you don't want your cities being flipped and they're cheaper than walls. And who doesn't want more great people in their cities?

I also just like it better being sophisticated than uncivilized. I like my pretty flags, thank you.

Top Bottom