Term 1 - Ministry of Trade

Black_Hole said:
i believe the red civ/rome
Yeah, its the roman civ (Red Civ).

There was a discussion in #civfanatics about it and we all predicted that it would be the Romans.

Well, while it works on Paper, the fact that Zulu have Alphabet probably means that they likely had previous contact with Rome.

However, it may be likely that Rome does not have Wheel since Zulu hold a 2 Tech lead and one of those techs is Mysticism. While they would've gotten CB that from the Babs, I don't see how the Romans would've been able to get their hands on it.

Again, it works on paper, but be prepared to A: have to shell out Gold (we're dealing a 4th, they've got a 3rd) or B: to be disapointed.

We shouldn't have to shell out a GPT like we did for the Babs, however. 63 gold = 3 GPT, so if we need more than that and Wheel for Alphabet, then...

Sir Donald III said:
Well, while it works on Paper, the fact that Zulu have Alphabet probably means that they likely had previous contact with Rome.

However, it may be likely that Rome does not have Wheel since Zulu hold a 2 Tech lead and one of those techs is Mysticism. While they would've gotten CB that from the Babs, I don't see how the Romans would've been able to get their hands on it.

Again, it works on paper, but be prepared to A: have to shell out Gold (we're dealing a 4th, they've got a 3rd) or B: to be disapointed.

We shouldn't have to shell out a GPT like we did for the Babs, however. 63 gold = 3 GPT, so if we need more than that and Wheel for Alphabet, then...
I have looked up the Romans in the Civilopedia and it says that the Romans start out with the Warrior Code and the Alphabet. Personaly I beleve we should not have to dish out any gold to them.

CivGeneral said:
I have looked up the Romans in the Civilopedia and it says that the Romans start out with the Warrior Code and the Alphabet. Personaly I beleve we should not have to dish out any gold to them.

We haven't even officially met the Romans yet. That was the Babylonians.

Trade Minister Donovan Zoi, I read in these forums how you advocate stopping the Turn Chat when Iron is discovered. Have you changed your mind on this?

Are you going to make this chat another one in which you have not posted Instructions?

Cyc said:
Trade Minister Donovan Zoi, I read in these forums how you advocate stopping the Turn Chat when Iron is discovered. Have you changed your mind on this?

No, I have not changed my mind on this. My instructions will make this quite clear, and my Gems plan was forwarded in part to ensure we stay closer to the 10-turn mark.

Cyc said:
Are you going to make this chat another one in which you have not posted Instructions?

No, I do not plan to let that happen. I learned my lesson from the last chat. ;)

Actually, I am waiting for discussion to die down on my 11th hour town hall meetings before posting.

Honorable Donovan Zoi

I honestly hope you are willing to help the pace of the game progress yet again. In light of the recent abruptly shortened chat, in part understandable, as there is choice to be done between a worker and mysticism. However, Donovan, you do not need to poll every single little situation, we are 12 civilizations on this planet. You know there is a strong support for mysticism from the poll ion wichich route to take (Monarchy).
In order to remedy that we we came 5 turns short last time, I certainly expect to go past the symbolic 10 line, which is a comfortable number indeed, but not as good when we see 0 turn, 1 turn, 4 turn and 5 turn chats over and over again. I suggest you develop a fully fledged trade policy, with contigencies, so you cover most eventualities, and simply fast track authorize your trade negotiation system. Fast track is by no means undemocratic and dictatorial power, but a way to get ahead.
There is no question we need not only iron working next time, but the next technology as well, as the technology spans are getting shorter and shorter.

Since we can only trade in technologies so far, please let us build that City G, get ahead with the game, and repeat the iron decision process as the second settler is complete, also factoring in a dual city poll. Please get that poll up as well, and not last minute moves where we must look for CG to post safeguard instructions.

Except for these inputs, I am more than satifisfied with the smart Furuyama move :)

Provolution,

With all due respect, there is no -9 deficit. No term has ever gone to 100 turns and I don't feel we should start that practice now.

This game is about decisions made along the way, and don't feel we should bypass key discussion points. That said, we may still need to stop at Iron Working.

Lastly, I don't know why the chat was stopped at 5 turns for a cash trade. It's not like both would have not still been there in 5 more turns. The Trade Ministry will not take the blame for this slight delay of the game.

Sit back and enjoy, Provolution. These games take about 5-6 months to complete. You are trying to push us forward to a game that would end in 3.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
Trade Minister

I agree with Minister Donovan Zoi about the 100 turn schedule. In one of my posts I used that figure to show the relativity of our present situation. There is no need to rush.

During last night's T/C, I was one of the proponents for the purchase of Mysticism over that of the half-worker slave. But now that I look at the save, I wouldn't purchase either. Mysticism is only 8 turns of research, Alphabet is only 10. Both of those figures will drop. So let's wait or not buy them at all (no sense spending all the gold available).

At this point, I would raise the Science slider to 100% (zero gpt) and discover Iron Working in 3 turns instead of 4. Then head to Mysticism. We have plenty of gold, so the reduction of 1 gpt for 3 turns will not hurt us.

So I wouldn't purchase either, I would increase Science.

The reason we stopped was that the standalone trades and the double trade both had mixed responses, indicating there was no concensus among even the subset of the populace which attends the chat. This time it isn't so much a question of which deal(s) to do, but are they worth doing at all. I felt it was important to let the people decide if we want to use our gold this way or if it needs to be reserved for some other purpose, such as upgrades.

Domestic wanted to trade for a worker, Science wanted to trade for Mysticism. Donovon was not there. So it was really the best thing to do.

And I maintained the slider setting at 90% because the only difference between that and 100% was that we made more money.

Top Bottom