Terran Battlecruiser (WIP)

WarMonkeY

Emperor
So, here is my shot at the ever-so-famous battlecruiser

What do you think of it?

I've only done the 3d model atm, but that's a pretty big bit of the job, isn't it? :p

So.. PLEASE, any comment is much appriciated (constructive, preferably)

(no textures added)

Oh, and I almost forgot:
Some uses and thoughts around that:
-maybe give it a lot of movement points and the ability to go anywhere without movement penalties and the ability to rebase?
-or maybe it's a superbomber?
or both?

-it's bound to have artillery ability, you know..

-no, it does not carry troops

Attachments

• battlecruis.jpg
    battlecruis.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 199
A preview is fine in this forum I think!

It's nice, but I think it could use being a little longer.

a bit longer eh? no problem! *notes*

Btw, anyone has any ideas of where to place the guns? I mean such a big thing surely does not have guns exclusevily in the "nose"-party?
(ofcourse it shall be armed in the front, but anywhere else?)

I'm pretty sure what you're doing is against Blizzard Policy. They're jerks.

I think there's a difference between making 3D models based upon their work (which is the kind of thing they do with other companies' intellectual proeprty) and directly ripping off their work. Unless Blizzard have copyrighted the terms "Terran" and "Battlecruiser"...

Mobilize said:
Who cares... make it anyways. Why is everyone so law-biding?

Becasue Blizzard is scary and full of jackarses that hate people and will sue us to death.

Goldflash said:
Becasue Blizzard is scary and full of jackarses that hate people and will sue us to death.

That may be, but if we can get a good boycott rolling, we'll see just how long that crap lasts. (I'm already boycotting their greedy asses).

hmmm... I DID wonder why noone has dared to make any blizzard based units..

*makes entry into "the Great Book of Stupidity", marks entry "copyright"*

how come people dares to make orcs?:p

WarMonkeY said:
how come people dares to make orcs?:p
I know that the recent start of the 40K mod has caused at least on person to get a new ork army, and I've seen comments about the fantasy mod starting people playing again. It's free advertising!

War Monkey: I just had an idea! If you alter your model slightly, it would look like one of the humanoid battle cruisers from MoO III, and since the Quicksiver/Infogrames people aren't a bunch of idiots like Blizzard, you can claim that it's for a mod based on MoO III.

Hikaro Takayama: Excellent idea! Do you know of any sources of information around those battlecruisers?

Seems like i might be able to finish this baby without getting my bottom sued after all :D

I just had an alternate idea..

Since I quite enjoy modelling such models, why not take spacecraft requests?
So, If anyone wants me to try making some spacecraft (or similar stuff) for them, go ahead, tell me, don't hesitate to request anything :)

(still looking for pictures of the MoO3 bc btw)

Weasel Op said:
I don't know about this, someone suggested a Starcraft mod a while back and it was shot down pretty quickly by people saying Blizzard did not allow games/mods based on its products. :rolleyes:

I know this, but this isn't a mod based upon their games, it's essentially a piece of art. I sincerely doubt that Blizzard doesn't allow fans to remake graphical approximations of its units (as opposed to directly ripping the animations, which people have been told not to do before) or do fanart.

Top Bottom