TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

Armorica, give us terms and we will see what we can do.

Frankly, I have no idea what's going on right now. It seems as if this apparent doom and destruction occurred wholly outside the parameters of the thread(?), and I don't know exactly how to proceed either. In my conspiratorial little head it almost seems as if Beurtgang and Vahlshallah are meeting awful fates because it was decided they were boring.

I'm sure there's a better explanation than that, so hearing it would be cool.

What happened is that Armorica used their relative superiority of forces at that time to crush your forward armies, which are relatively denuded. They, along with Ildaris, made a diplomatic victory by turning the Iron Lancers fully against you two by sending them the Red Prophet.

The same basic gist of events would have happened if Gem_hound sent his basic outline to me as orders, with the exception that his armies would be slighty stronger, and the Iron Lancers would limit their declaration to only the Red Faith and refrain from declaring war on you two's leadership until capitulation, focusing on using rebuilt armies to stop Armorican advances and combing the countryside for the Red Faith. I am not sure of you two's plans since they were never elucidated to me, but you both would lose some EP/Troops to the purge, or sent them against the Dragon Horde while limiting Armorica from entering Buertgang proper, with all Ostava falling. The Dragon Horde's success is a complete variable, however.

If you guys got past the Battle of Spear Lake earlier, say, two days ago. By now the story would be about the new Faithful Armies standing up to Armorica's tiring army, the Dragon Horde wipping out the isolated Buertgang Littoral, the Iron Lancers participating further.

EDIT: I went for the Story War so that the peril of your foward armies will be made clear before the orders process because of the clear sequence of the next major series of events, hope for more participation form all three of you in the story aspect of the NES, especially away from religious ranting, and test the idea itself. Needless to say it was mostly a failure, although Tycho successfully bloodied Gem_hound very very badly. The only reason it did not go further is that everyone seems tired and done with it for now.

The Iron Lancers turning has to do with 4 reasons, which I will give now because they showed themselves. 1) They can no longer ignore the Red Faith; either they act, or they violate a central precept of the Iron Faith that it is a doom upon Valyria that was sacraficed to help save a tiny part of that once great nation. 2) They are convinced by this news of Paradise of a new, non-tainted land. 3) They are convinced by actions over the course of the war, especially first hand actions in Southern Ostava, that what Armorica is claiming is true and 4) they realize that the true threat past the Red Faith is the buggerite Hordes, who must be converted for the mere survival of the Faithful Nations, or else population will collapse rapidly over the next century from the wars. Fighting them is self-defeating and a truce with the Druids will allow them to focus on that fact.

What happened is that Armorica used their relative superiority of forces at that time to crush your forward armies, which are relatively denuded. They, along with Ildaris, made a diplomatic victory by turning the Iron Lancers fully against you two by sending them the Red Prophet.

The same basic gist of events would have happened if Gem_hound sent his basic outline to me as orders, with the exception that his armies would be slighty stronger, and the Iron Lancers would limit their declaration to only the Red Faith and refrain from declaring war on you two's leadership until capitulation, focusing on using rebuilt armies to stop Armorican advances and combing the countryside for the Red Faith. I am not sure of you two's plans since they were never elucidated to me, but you both would lose some EP/Troops to the purge, or sent them against the Dragon Horde while limiting Armorica from entering Buertgang proper, with all Ostava falling. The Dragon Horde's success is a complete variable, however.

If you guys got past the Battle of Spear Lake earlier, say, two days ago. By now the story would be about the new Faithful Armies standing up to Armorica's tiring army, the Dragon Horde wipping out the isolated Buertgang Littoral, the Iron Lancers participating further.

Well that's great for them. You don't even have my orders yet! Should I bother sending them if Amsturrat is going to burn because Gem Hound cunningly pulled this sneak manouver under cover of Internet darkness? What recourse do I, the player, have?

This is what I meant when I referred to "full disclosure for some players and not for others".

I used Tycho's delay wisely. :D

Regardless, Tycho's answer

One year into the turn has passed, and I will post the timeline below:
Month 1 battle of ruins
Month 2 Prince of Danyaria marches
Month 3 Battle of Spear Lake, Prince of Danyaria reaches survivors
Month 4 PoD marches westward, Armorica organizes: March to Veneta, Red Prophet Sent to Iron Lancers, Storm of Ports organized
Month 5 The Storm of Ports
Month 6 Red Prophet reaches Iron Lancers, who make their decision.
Month 7 Decision reaches Danyaria and Ostava, PoD halts his advance, Iron Lancers organize an army
Month 8 Danyaria stop support of Buertgang, PoD joins vanguard of the Iron Lancer expedition, Senoa is returned, News reach all of Buertgang, Hamburg, Kentus
Month 9, all Faithful advances returned to the Seine river. All armies against the Red Faith unite. News Reach All Nations of Keltia
Month 10, Seine crossed, Ostava Capitulates
Month 11, nearing border of Buertgang, who has up to 8 Spearmen and 8 Militia, which are not reliable at that time
Month 12- if Vahlshallah sent word immediately on news of Iron Lancer declaration, it would have returned now.

Armorica, give us terms and we will see what we can do.

The terms of Armorica are simple.
1. The Red Faith will only exist as a name, and all who follow it will be annihilated or force-converted to the Iron Faith, the White Faith, or the Violet Faith.
2. Kentus will fall under our protection
3. Ostava, will remain under our protection, and that of the Iron Lances until it is once more full of people, be it Faithful or Druid.
4. The slave trade of entire peoples will stop. The results of a raid is fine, but doing that to an entire nation or group of humans be they Faithful or Druidic is not acceptable.
5. The Iron Lancers will be given full privileges to search the Faithful nations of the North, at their own discretion for any signs of a rebirth of the Red faith whenever they want.

It is highly convenient for those of you who have had the time to invest in all of this story-fighting or whatever, not so much for me. I won't concede that I was asleep at the wheel or anything of the sort -- I made the false assumption the real consequences would be decided in written orders as is kind of traditional in NESing.

I see I was wrong. :cringe:

Well that's great for them. You don't even have my orders yet! Should I bother sending them if Amsturrat is going to burn because Gem Hound cunningly pulled this sneak manouver under cover of Internet darkness? What recourse do I, the player, have?

This is what I meant when I referred to "full disclosure for some players and not for others".

Amsturrat is not going to burn unless you will them to. I gave as much information as you would IC get if you would ask. Even if Gem_hound attempts a naval invasion it would fail utterly due to your last turn's policies. As a player, you can participate or state for some reason you could not and I shall accept it.

However, it is true that everything behind the Seine would fall before reinforcements would be recruited; the only question is how, which is why I did the Story war. Gem_hound realized this immediately from looking at his stats; would you both be crying unfair if I gave him all that back with only the loss of a handful of spearmen in the full update, the Iron Lancer's betrayal as something you can't react to at all?

Also, see post for edited info.

As for full disclosure; Gem_hound does not get any more infomation available than either of you. It is just that neither of you asked for them to the extent he does.

EDIT:
It is highly convenient for those of you who have had the time to invest in all of this story-fighting or whatever, not so much for me. I won't concede that I was asleep at the wheel or anything of the sort -- I made the false assumption the real consequences would be decided in written orders as is kind of traditional in NESing.

I see I was wrong.
Apologies for the miscommunication, but I did say that the Story War will be canon with my approval, that I'd desire at least a general plan for the next 12 months in a minigame sort of time frame, and admitted later that I'd write for you if time is an issue as long as I know what you are planning in the short period of time. In extent, the general plan is the orders, my decision is the moderation, and I left the story writing for you, the NESers.

I used Tycho's delay wisely. :D

Regardless, Tycho's answer

One year into the turn has passed, and I will post the timeline below:
Month 1 battle of ruins
Month 2 Prince of Danyaria marches
Month 3 Battle of Spear Lake, Prince of Danyaria reaches survivors
Month 4 PoD marches westward, Armorica organizes: March to Veneta, Red Prophet Sent to Iron Lancers, Storm of Ports organized
Month 5 The Storm of Ports
Month 6 Red Prophet reaches Iron Lancers, who make their decision.
Month 7 Decision reaches Danyaria and Ostava, PoD halts his advance, Iron Lancers organize an army
Month 8 Danyaria stop support of Buertgang, PoD joins vanguard of the Iron Lancer expedition, Senoa is returned, News reach all of Buertgang, Hamburg, Kentus
Month 9, all Faithful advances returned to the Seine river. All armies against the Red Faith unite. News Reach All Nations of Keltia
Month 10, Seine crossed, Ostava Capitulates
Month 11, nearing border of Buertgang, who has up to 8 Spearmen and 8 Militia, which are not reliable at that time
Month 12- if Vahlshallah sent word immediately on news of Iron Lancer declaration, it would have returned now.

The terms of Armorica are simple.
1. The Red Faith will only exist as a name, and all who follow it will be annihilated or force-converted to the Iron Faith, the White Faith, or the Violet Faith.
3. Ostava, will remain under our protection, and that of the Iron Lances until it is once more full of people, be it Faithful or Druid.
4. The slave trade of entire peoples will stop. The results of a raid is fine, but not doing that to an entire nation of humans be they Faithful or Druidic.
5. The Iron Lancers will be given full privileges to search the Faithful nations of the North, at their own discretion for any signs of a rebirth of the Red faith whenever they want.
6. Anything else the Iron Lancers want to occur concerning the Nations of the Faith.

1. Sorry, but no. You have no right to demand that of the people who have lived by the Red Faith as a part of their clans for centuries.
2. Kentus will remain as a free Duchy of Beurtgang, administered by themselves and the Beurtgang people.
3. Ostava remains free and remains a Faithful nation; Druids are allowed to enter or leave the nation, but you will not force them to live together.
4. Perfectly fine with that.
5. Any nation but ours; our people are allowed their own religion, and we have not slain your Druids. We will give them unto you if you agree to the revised terms set forth.
6. Sounds decent enough.

1. Sorry, but no. You have no right to demand that of the people who have lived by the Red Faith as a part of their clans for centuries.
2. Kentus will remain as a free Duchy of Beurtgang, administered by themselves and the Beurtgang people.
3. Ostava remains free and remains a Faithful nation; Druids are allowed to enter or leave the nation, but you will not force them to live together.
4. Perfectly fine with that.
5. Any nation but ours; our people are allowed their own religion, and we have not slain your Druids. We will give them unto you if you agree to the revised terms set forth.
6. Sounds decent enough.

Are you sure? This is also what the Iron Lancers wish.

OOC:
2. It depends if they want to remain under Buertgang duchy or not. For now, unless 1 is followed they are tending towards no, since they have realized that Gray Faith with Gray Martydom as their fanatical branch is best for them.
3. It has capitulated-ish. Eastern Ostava joins Buertgang.
5. "We have not slain your Druids". Yeah. Right.

1. Iron Lancers really only want this.

The Beurtgang Empire is willing to accept the terms of peace as proposed by Vahlshallah under the stipulation that the Beurtgang Empire shall administer eastern Ostava as part of the Bloody Throne's dominions. Let it be understood that we do not trust the druids not to take immediate "revenge" on the people of Ostava for their connections to the massacre of druid slaves. We prefer that eastern Ostava be absorbed for the purpose of ensuring its peoples' safety as practitioners of the Faith.

Are you sure? This is also what the Iron Lancers wish.

OOC:
2. It depends if they want to remain under Buertgang duchy or not. For now, unless 1 is followed they are tending towards no, since they have realized that Gray Faith with Gray Martydom as their fanatical branch is best for them.
3. It has capitulated-ish. Eastern Ostava joins Buertgang.

1. Iron Lancers really only want this.

I'll split them into another Duchy administrated by Vahlshallahn control and heavily monitored, but that's as far as I am willing to go before telling the Iron Lances to go fornicate with their own spears before I create an opposing military order against them.

People and leadership of Eastern Ostava echo this statement.

OOC: After all, Tycho, that has apparently been the central Issue of the War?

Anyway, I hope Gem hound or you come up with a good counter proposal.

IC:

From the Iron Lancers

If the Red Faith wish to fight so much, and you wish to fight the Buggerites, we are ameniable to send the Red Faith as a horde into the Dragon Horde for the good of the Faith, and they shall fight for their right to be the easternmost province of Vahlshallah, constantly on the border with the Barbaric Hordes from now until eternally, doing penance for their crimes.

The Beurtgang Empire is willing to accept the terms of peace as proposed by Vahlshallah under the stipulation that the Beurtgang Empire shall administer eastern Ostava as part of the Bloody Throne's dominions. Let it be understood that we do not trust the druids not to take immediate "revenge" on the people of Ostava for their connections to the massacre of druid slaves. We prefer that eastern Ostava be absorbed for the purpose of ensuring its peoples' safety as practitioners of the Faith.

If it was up to them, they'd rather join you than capitulate to Armorica.

EDIT: The fact that they, unlike the rest of Ostava, never suffered direct damage by war is one reason.

People and leadership of Eastern Ostava echo this statement.

OOC: After all, Tycho, that has apparently been the central Issue of the War since Gem Hound decided that it was obviously going to be the cause of it rather than his attacks on Ostava and Beurtgang over the Ipren druids and then chanting in thread about how it was about destroying the Red Faith.

Anyway, I hope Gem hound or you come up with a good counter proposal.

IC:

From the Iron Lancers

If the Red Faith wish to fight so much, and you wish to fight the Buggerites, we are ameniable to send the Red Faith as a horde into the Dragon Horde for the good of the Faith, and they shall fight for their right to be the easternmost province of Vahlshallah, constantly on the border with the Barbaric Hordes from now until eternally, doing penance for their crimes.

We'll decide on what to do with the Red Faith on our own terms, and where to settle them. For all you may know and think, we'll put them in the Teutonland as a buffer against your pathetic Buggerite brethren from them attacking us.

1. The Red Faith will only exist as a name, and all who follow it will be annihilated or force-converted to the Iron Faith, the White Faith, or the Violet Faith. OR The Red Faith will be sent into the Barbarians, to carve out a nation for themselves.
3. Ostava, will remain under our protection, and that of the Iron Lances until it is once more full of people, be it Faithful or Druid. The exception of this is Eastern Ostava, which will fall under Beurtgang control.
4. The slave trade of entire peoples will stop. The results of a raid is fine, but doing that to an entire nation or group of humans be they Faithful or Druidic is not acceptable.
5. The Iron Lancers will be given full privileges to search the Faithful nations of the North, at their own discretion for any signs of a rebirth of the Red faith whenever they want, regardless of which nation they are. The only nation exempt, is the one that would be created by the Red Faith being thrown into the Buggerite hordes.

Fair enough, I can accept these terms (though Kentus remains free from either your or our control and influence), and I assume you won't mind us killing off the people we were going to enslave in huge droves and such?

These terms are acceptable to the Beurtgang Empire given the stipulation made by Vahlshallah (which we obviously support) that the Duchy of Kentus will remain an essentially independent state, free to conduct its own affairs.

Fair enough, I can accept these terms (though Kentus remains free from either your or our control and influence), and I assume you won't mind us killing off the people we were going to enslave in huge droves and such?
No. I do mind that. Infact, I will add this to the terms.

1. The Red Faith will only exist as a name, and all who follow it will be annihilated or force-converted to the Iron Faith, the White Faith, or the Violet Faith. OR The Red Faith will be sent into the Barbarians, to carve out a nation for themselves.
3. Ostava, will remain under our protection, and that of the Iron Lances until it is once more full of people, be it Faithful or Druid. The exception of this is Eastern Ostava, which will fall under Beurtgang control.
5. The Iron Lancers will be given full privileges to search the Faithful nations of the North, at their own discretion for any signs of a rebirth of the Red faith whenever they want, regardless of which nation they are. The only nation exempt, is the one that would be created by the Red Faith being thrown into the Buggerite hordes.

OOC: Kentus is something I won't budge on guys unless you have an equally close Faithful Nation that will fall under our protection, that is completely of the Faith? Ostava does not fit this.

Top Bottom