TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

To Xilaroi
Spoiler :
From the Duchy of Wei
Thank you, my friend. The civilizing of Man shall always be assigned to our combined efforts.
From the Duchy of Zhou
Seeing your ships floundering about amuses us. Perhaps you are willing to buy some of our Ocean-going craft once we perfect it?
From Clan Kudoba
Great Foreigners, I hear that Clan Kato is searching for death. We’ll pay you handsomely for using your skilled techniques to break their battkelines.

OOC: Xiyi. ;)

To Wei
It was our pleasure.

To Zhou
What would be your price?

To Kudoba
We would prefer not to interfere at this point, more important internal matters await our attention.

From the Armorican Empire, King Cernyd the Conqueror
You will have our aid against the evil invaders. We will aid in driving them out of the lands of native Britannia.

Unacceptable. This is my idea; We keep Tours and the Castellan of Tours and Orleans lives. You stay in your own area and we leave you alone. You would also have to leave us alone. You would have free reign to take over the eastern Frenks. We warn you however, if you agree to this and breach the agreement, you will face all of Osismied. This agreement would last until our deaths.

How much would it cost to get you to attack the Eastern Frenks?
From Dumonos
We must plan quickly, before the will of the Eastern Brittanics give way.

From Wesfrenks, King Clovis the Clever
Only our deaths? I would like to preserve any peace between us for a longer period!

From Ostava, King Karov Chief-Cleaver
Same as last time, but we will assure that our larger armies and organization will ensure that we will complete the task. Let this be the start of good relations between Ostava and Armorica!

from THEBES
to Lybian tribes:
Once the Egyptians of the north attempted to eradicate your people. We felt their scorn as well. The cared for none but themselves and have gone to great lengths to weaken us all, those who surrounded them. I offer you today and alliance against the cities of Lower Egypt. Libya will be able to reunite its homelands and Thebes together with Upper Egypt will unite the Nile.
Together with this alliance I offer you a royal marriage of my son with an important Libyan princess. Yes my son has two wives already, the first from the line of Abydos and a second one from a southern Nubian tribes, but a third wife to the king of the Nile is a most honorable wife indeed!

to Demeitta:
Are you kidding? You of lower Egypt have been nothing but trouble for ages. Even when one of you dissed my allies in Abydos, you aid him in his dishonor. The Nile will soon be united under the Thebes-Abydos dynasty. I suggest you get on with it.

to Beni Hasan:
Pathetic morons. You are but sand in our way.

to Nubia:
War is brewing in northern Egypt. We request to honor our alliance and wish for a force to help us in our conquest.

to Petra tribes:
All is well as long as tribute and resources continue to flow.
From Lybian Tribes
We accept such an alliance. Let lower egypt taste the bitterness of our bronze!
Unfortunately, there are no main Lybian chiefs among us. Three of the main clans fight among themselves for the control of the Oasii they jointly captured.

From Damietta
For how many generations has Abydos dissed Beni-Hasan, claiming their right to monopolize trade on the Nile? They have no right for that claim, for there are many cities which span both sides, while our claim is justified that only our city has proper harbors. You say you will unite Egypt first? Horus will lead our way!

From Beni-Hasan
Any death is worth it for killing the allies of the Oathbreakers.

From Nubia
A contingent will be sent, my friend. May your war be as successful as ours!

OOC: Xiyi. ;)

To Wei
It was our pleasure.

To Zhou
What would be your price?

To Kudoba
We would prefer not to interfere at this point, more important internal matters await our attention.
From Zhou
Seeing the high cost of the project, 3EP this turn, in exchange for 1 group of ships (whatever 1 ep buys). Next turn, after we master it and make sure people don't drown at sea, we can give you the necessary schemetics. It will be the start of a new age of sailing!

From Kudoba
Completely understood, as internal matters... are rather important. Can we ask, then, a loan of 1ep and some Confucian scholars to aid us in establishing a unified state instead of a collection of fiefs?

To: Armorican Empire, Dumonos

This is unacceptable. If you think you will end the righteous march of civilization, you are sorely mistaken.

To: Lundein

You swear to accept the Faith, and provide armies for the Emperor, and we will permit the city of Lundein and all the clans sworn to its tribe to live in peace and rule themselves.

From Lundien
I can personally swear, but I cannot speak for the desparate tribes I gathered under me. If we do send troops for you, can I ask that they not be sent to fight Dumonos? I hear they have rather... skillful assassins in the Unsullied.

@ All

Front page Stats and Stories done.

To Do List: Clean out PM box, Guidelines (specifically; Orders, Rulings, ect), Basic Descriptions starting with NPCs.

Orders due next Wednesday.

From Kartoros, King Garanos
We’re having some difficulty in dislodging the Severi Confederacy. Can you send some aid?
From the Severi Confederacy
Stay out of the conflict, and we’ll promise not to harm your precious merchants.
From Aden
We’re willing to guide you to our contacts for lower tariffs and a significant sum

To Aden:Certainly, would 3EP work?
To Karatos: 3EP from you for 3 mercenary units of your choice, deal? Alternativly, we can loan you three EP after which you will pay back four the year after the war with the Severi ends. Just dont tell them we sent it.
To Severi: Any attacks on merchants and we are intervening.

OOC: Who are the Severi anyway? Just Nubian chiefs who oppose my ally or something more?

OOC: Basically the stronger, more unified, Kuhorsehockye version of Ethiopian traditionalists.

From Aden
Verily. Into the desert.

From Kartoros
Thank you for your generosity! If you wish to not be known, we would borrow your funds.

From Severi
And if there are none, would you NOT intervene?

2500-2450 BCE - Update 11

The Highland Adventure

The century began with the crowning of the Exalted King Domnaur, the brilliant, the just, the lazy pants. Communally known for his deep and powerful oration, Domnaur loved his comfortable life. Equally so, however, he wanted to spread the god Kitab’s message, and further incorporate the Moserean villages into a tighter, nicer network.​
One particularly cozy speaking day, Domnaur explained the need for the Etassians to spread the stricter, Aramyan Kitabalism outwards. Domnaur, witty and always willing to take on a fair fight, received a complaint from a Moserean trader whom had stopped to hear the talk. If the king couldn’t be bothered to even visit the lands he desired to convert, then those lands shouldn’t be expected to see any path to heaven such as the king speaks of, said the Moserean.​
The king was baffled. He couldn’t concoct a counter argument, for he knew he had ample leisure time, and therefore he ceded the Exalted King Domnaur would spend a year of his life travelling the valleys and hills to teach and to help the people of the Pantheon’s Highlands.​
This promise pleased the crowd, and advisors and the court expectantly reminded the king every day of his promise. The whole city was both shocked and inspired; the fine people of Etass donated more than ever to the city temple of Kitab.​
Domnaur feared the world outside Etass, but he loved the people, and he could never back down from a challenge to his ecclesiastical authority. For months he prepared the caravan for his trip, collected taxes and assembled his travelling court. He hired a small band of Forman mercenary-refugees to guard him, and took his most trusted diplomats and clerics.​
Domnaur went on the first Highland Adventure, a ritual of festive connecting which, after the travels, Domnaur declared every king must undertake, to spend one year outside of Etass, travelling, without a palace.​
Domnaur recorded his travels in the Library of Etass, recalling mountains he mounted, rivers he rode, forests he trekked, and the many people he met. To every town he entered, the elder leaders were gifted crafted items from Etass, or gold or silver, whatever they desired. The king’s advisors helped him plan his route to maximize the number of local festivals he would be able to attend: He held the new born children of the Spring-Birth Christening of the Far Eastern Village; he lit the Sacred Tree of Ancestors in a town along the great river; he participated in some strange granary burning festival in the farthest northern town he reached, far far to the north. And at every town a loyal Aramyan (priest, blacksmith, historian, whatever the king thought best) was left with a wife of the town’s choosing to enhance Kitab’s glory, and to direct traders to Etass. These men themselves were required to complete a reverse Highland Adventure, and live in Etass for one year.​

Will have two stories tomorrow for the thread itself.

From Dumonos
We must plan quickly, before the will of the Eastern Brittanics give way.

From Wesfrenks, King Clovis the Clever
Only our deaths? I would like to preserve any peace between us for a longer period!

From Ostava, King Karov Chief-Cleaver
Same as last time, but we will assure that our larger armies and organization will ensure that we will complete the task. Let this be the start of good relations between Ostava and Armorica!
To Dumonos
Then we shall do what we must. Let us continue in private and plan.
To Wesfrenks
I would also wish for a longer peace but the question is, would your nation be able to handle a lasting peace? I am not insulting your nation, but it is still newly formed. Your people still heavily follow their tribal leaders. I am afraid that if we do create a lasting peace, that it would not continue after our deaths. That is why I proposed that.
To Ostava
I'm sorry, but we cannot pay at this time. Would you be willing to follow the same offer if we offered it in (timespan of 1 turn)?

To: Ostava

Are we to take it that you have betrayed our good faith, and the recognition of our patronage of the Believers of the Rhineland, for the Armoricans and their Dumonosi allies?

From the Wesfranks
So be it. Let us have peace until our sons outlive us.

From Ostava
Of course. We will engage our other plans then. Our spears will always be sharp for when you might need it.
To Wesfranks
May the peace outlive our sons!
To Ostava
Do not forget the years we have been trading in peace. I am sorry to state this, but you know what happens when people surprise attack us. Stay neutral in our war defending Britannia against marauders from the sea. It is much more profitable I would think, to stay as neutral as possible. To join the marauders would condemn several thousands to slavery while helping us push them out. We are at war with the marauders. Their only purpose is to stir up our region. Do not listen to them if they tell you to attack. We promise you this; we will not attack. I helped you grow into a unified nation with the mercenaries I hired to help against the Frenks. ((Just wait))

From Ostava
We'll use our judgement and forgot who broke the peace initially.
Osismied developed their traditional warrior class into the Unsullied, masters of discipline, honor, and war. Using them as a vanguard, they easily captured one of the Ostavan colonies in Armorica.

To: The Tax Maker, High Priest Virian Exaltate

An offer to wet the blades of Hyak for the exaltation of the War-God? I am most intrigued, Aramyan, for I had not expected to hear such an invitation coming from you.

Hmm, what now shall my action be? My late father, Baragan-sar, ended his reign with a feat no less than the toppling of the Sirian Empire, casting their scions adrift into the driving winds of the west. It is ordained that I shall show myself to be worthy of my title as the Avatar of Takarzi.

The wheels of our chariots shall grow no rust. The spears of our warriors shall be dulled by neither time nor lassitude. The Hyakkites shall test our mettle once again, in glorious battle against Boukae.

We shall speak more of this matter soon.

[Still being edited, I will keep adding to this same post]

From various sources over the centuries, my colleagues and I have compiled a list of the Rajes of Daksina. As follows:
Professor Jagdish Natarajan, Ramachandra College of Anthropology, Daksina University
1897 AD

Jairaj I (3109-3085 BC)
The Founder

A chieftain of the fishing town that would later be called Daksina, he was exiled to the north by migrating tribesmen that invaded the Khand. After thirteen years of exile, Jairaj had finally gathered up an army large enough to retake his seat. An alliance of northern chiefs supported him; he drove the tribesmen out and declared himself Raj of the Khand. Naturally, the northern cities opposed him; however, the chiefs supported him.

Under his reign, the Great Migrations of the Khand began. Tribesmen fled to the north, chieftains and their peoples fled to the south, and yet others fled east to become the Patni and Daretoki and south to become the Gujurati.

Jairaj oversaw the growth of the city of Daksina's population tenfold as agriculture took hold in formerly nomadic tribal lands. Daksina's first city wall was built after a raid in 3103, and that wall was the first border of the Rajdom. It later expanded as more and more chiefs staked their claim to land outside the walls.

Jairaj died after all three of his children died, leaving him with no heir.

Anand I (3085-3074)
The First Rajpalya

The chiefs who supported Jairaj had no idea what to do when Jairaj died heirless. The fragile new state seemed at the verge of falling apart. In an emergency meeting of the most powerful chiefs, it was decided to vote on which one among them would become the next Raj. This was the birth of the rajpalya system.

The elected was a chief named Anand. Under Anand's leadership, Daksina's first conquest, a rival town whose name still eludes us, was made, in 3081. Not much else is known of his reign. In 3074, Anand visited the city of Varldaphair, at the time the most powerful city in the Khand, to speak with the Raj of Varldaphair. Unbeknownst to him, Anand was wanted dead; he was killed and his body impaled upon a stake in Varldaphair.

Anand II (3074-3055)
The Avenger

The rajpalyas were infuriated. Anand II was elected; although a weak ruler, he was a brilliant military leader. He raised every last man to fight and led it to Varldaphair in revenge for Anand I's murder. Anand had a strong enough army to directly assault the relatively undefended city, and as it was too far away to manage after conquering, he put it and the surrounding country to the torch. A third of Varldaphair's population was killed immediately in the sack, including its rulers, and another third died of famine within several years.

Anand's rule as Raj was average. He built up the army, and began the first steps into turning the government from what was effectively elected despotism into a full administrative entity, including the beginning of assigning government positions to the rajpalyas. Little else came about,

From Vahlshallah
To Beurtgang Empire;

You follow our gods, yes? Are you allies... or enemies of the Rhineland?

To: Vahlshallah

We are good practitioners of the Faith. Clan Beurtgang and the Dhanriag have had no true gods before, and we have seen none finer than yours. As the only nation of the Faith with the resources to guide the believers of the Rhineland, we believe our claim as recognized by Ostava is legitimate.

If it is friend or foe, we are friends.

From Vahlshallah
To Beurtgang Empire;

Indeed we are friends. May the Faith spread and flourish, and may the light of the Faith spread far. Brothers and sisters in the Faith, let us not attack each other, shall we?

Top Bottom