Test 6 feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodelf

Bard
Retired Moderator
I don't want to clutter the Bugs thread with feedback and since I do this with FfH playtesting I'll do it here as well.

So far culture seems to be exploding. My Capital is at 17:culture:/turn from simply founding a religion and building Standing Stones.
I have Warriors and I've seen Wraiths (pow8) and some Chaos somethings (pow12!). I think I've played 40 turns.
Archer is showing up as ARCHER.
Bugman's Brewery gets a production build bonus with Copper? Why?
The Religions, as P_L noted, come way too soon.

Very cool so far. :thumbsup:

woodelf said:
I don't want to clutter the Bugs thread with feedback and since I do this with FfH playtesting I'll do it here as well.

So far culture seems to be exploding. My Capital is at 17:culture:/turn from simply founding a religion and building Standing Stones.
I have Warriors and I've seen Wraiths (pow8) and some Chaos somethings (pow12!). I think I've played 40 turns.
Archer is showing up as ARCHER.
The Religions, as P_L noted, come way too soon.

Very cool so far. :thumbsup:

ARCHER as any other generic type is in capital, cause we want to replace them later anyway :p
and those big monsters you start with is related to the fact, that they seem not to have prerequisits, which means the game gives you the strongest unit available to start with!

Yes it would help to collect these unitnames here. We got Dryads, Chaos-Giants and Wraiths without prereqs what else you find? (best would be some tips about prereqs they should get too)

One more thingy Silverhelms were supposed to be Silverhelms not helmets that wasn't a typo by me!

Edit: oh it's a mistake indeed it's: Silver Helms!

woodelf said:

Because those giant tanks where the Beer is brewed in are made of Copper and the pipes... ;)

Ok, after some more hours of playtesting I got some other points:

- the correct spelling for Khalidar is Khalida

- Woodelven Workers are able to build Lumbermills

- No Tech allows for Open Borders, Defensive Pact, Permanent Alliance, Bridgebuilding, Irrigation (farms spreading Irrigation) and Ignor Irrigation (workers being able to build Fatms without Irrigation)

- The Dwarven Deathroller comes to early (it doesn´t have STEAM_POWER as a prereq-tech and it requires Ivory instead of Iron (or Gromril)

- Dwarves had Light Cavalry Units??

- The Mercenary Unit shouldn´t be in the game, since we got the Mercmod in it.

- Nature Gods should be a favourite civic of the Woodelven Leaders.

The mercenary unit is a generic starting placeholder. You will notice maybe that there is a unitclass mercenary. I was planning to only have certain units available as mercs. Namely the Dogs of War which should have this uniclass. Only thing we'd have to do is write all the units into the mercmodini that are NOT mercenaries. Can you fix the units and Khalida? I see to the techs and Civinfo as well.

Ploeperpengel said:
The mercenary unit is a generic starting placeholder. You will notice maybe that there is a unitclass mercenary. I was planning to only have certain units available as mercs. Namely the Dogs of War which should have this uniclass. Only thing we'd have to do is write all the units into the mercmodini that are NOT mercenaries. Can you fix the units and Khalida? I see to the techs and Civinfo as well.

I was planning to do the following: update Khalida (with all tags changed to KHALIDA) and to fix the units. The unit-fixes that I´ll do will however be for the Test Version #6 (not for the new techtree your working on). So We´ll simply have to merge the files (and redo the prereq-techs for units and buildings, of course) before or after you will upload the next test-version.

i uploaded a new version, please merge everything with mine, i only changed the link in the unitinfo to the artdefines for the unberogen and the generics, otherwise they should be the same!

Doesn´t bother me, never have seen any permanent alliance at all in vanilla civ and mutual protection pacts are also very scarce.

Some general points I have to say about my gaming experience so far:

The AI is not aggressive enough and it doesn´t produce enough units (I ended up giving all my Leaders an Military flavour - but haven´t tested that enough).

As of now it seems like the AI is even more stupid (not really stupid, but easy to beat - I play on prince Lvl in Vanilla most times and got some succes on monarch, but WH I play on prince for now) than the Vanilla one (don´t know if just the flavours are mostly not that good at all, I think productive expansive and Military make for the best game results and every Leader should have at least one of the above mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom