The AI Tokugawa asking for.......

danjuno

Can the circle be unbroken?
OPEN BORDERS? I was playing as Alexander in custom game mode, classic era start, with five other warmongerers: Ragnar, Shaka, Montezuma, Napolean, and Tokugawa. Turned out the latter most was my closest target. Seeing as I would have to DOW him sooner or later, I settled Sparta on a source of Iron and started cranking out swordsman. After recieving open boarders from Ragnar and Shaka (which I rejected), Guess who was third in line? It caught me way off guard. For those of you who don't understand because your new to civ4, Tokugawa almost never signs open borders.
Anyways, here is the picture.

Attachments

• tokugawaaskingforob.JPG
    tokugawaaskingforob.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 295
Yeah, that happened to me recently.

Strange thing was, he declared war on me like 10 turns later.

Mmm I can see that happening with Tokugawa. Did he war you later? Above poster makes sense though, he was scouting out your territory... or he just got mad (or slightly annoyed) in those ten turns haha

Mmm I can see that happening with Tokugawa. Did he war you later? Above poster makes sense though, he was scouting out your territory... or he just got mad (or slightly annoyed) in those ten turns haha

I never found out, I accidentaly left the game without saving. :(

I suspect warmongers ask for open borders for scouting pourpose. They cheat on the knowhow of powers and troops placement, at least on borders, but they still ask often to me. It's a good giveaway of their intentions:

Ask for open borders, explore, attack 20 or 30 turns later.

I really hope they develop a better AI in civV:the explore backstab I can understand, but the unit placement cheating - meh.

I once accepted open borders from my enemy Louis XIV, and he sent an Axeman into my land, and it stopped on one of my farms. What do I see next turn? "Your Farm has been destroyed by enemy infiltrators!". Darn Louis was just using his Axemen to shield his spy :mad:.

I once accepted open borders from my enemy Louis XIV, and he sent an Axeman into my land, and it stopped on one of my farms. What do I see next turn? "Your Farm has been destroyed by enemy infiltrators!". Darn Louis was just using his Axemen to shield his spy :mad:.

1) Spies can travel in your borders whether open or not
2) Units do not shield spies from counter-espionage

Easiest way to get tokugawa to open borders IF you want is to gift him say 30 gold or a tech when you meet him. gives you a +4 modifer usually.

Top Bottom