The Amazing Race: An Interactive Gameshow

Yoshiegg737

Jungo Jungo

Introduction
Hoping that you guys can see the title image...I welcome you to the thread for S&T's second gameshow! I am aiming for 10 people to sign-up this time, and newbies are certainly very welcome to play! The rule set is much simpler this time around :D.

So the basic premise of the TV Show is contestants run around the world doing stuff. It's a race, so in most rounds, the person in last place is eliminated for being last. This is an S&T game, so we're going to be digitally running around the world...in CIV! Confused yet? Just read the instructions, they are actually really easy. Believe me :p

How Each Round Will Go: The Step-By-Step Instructions!
  1. The game is divided into Episodes, which in turn are divided by rounds. At the end of each Episode, the person with the lowest amount of points is eliminated.
  2. Normally, there will be 3 rounds in each Episode, but I may mix it up a bit from time-to-time.
  3. At the start of each round, I will post a save and a task.
  4. You will take the save and complete the indicated task as fast as possible, playing only once, and without restarting.
    • An example task may want you to found 4 cities as the Aztec's, starting with a settler and a warrior.
    • Another task may have you finding an object in the world map.
  5. After finishing the task, take a screenshot, so I can see that you have actually completed the task and to see the finish date
  6. The quickest person get's more points than slower people
    • For example, the first place person get's 10 points, second get's 7, third get's 5, fourth get's 4 and so on.
    • In the event of a tie, points are scaled and the people who are tied get the same amount of points.
  7. We continue this until the end of the episode, where the person with the least amount of collected points are eliminated.
  8. Points are reset at the beginning of each episode. The leader's from the previous round get a small advantage.
  9. The final episode will be when there are 3 people left. In this case, the person with the most points is declared the winner.

Rules
  • Please, PLEASE, PLEASE do not use Worldbuilder, Play the save more than once, or Restart. I know that I cannot regulate you guys playing the save, so I'm relying on your honesty. By cheating and doing these three things, you are making the game less fun for yourself and everyone else. So...just don't.

Questions? Comment's? Concerns? We currently have 5 people signed up with 1 reserve and I wish for 10 people. Newbies are welcome! Join now! (By assuming that HJ with PROBABLY play...that would be 6...)

Currently Signed Up
1. Mosher
2. Red Spy
3. SouthernKing Hoplitejoe
4. General Olaf
5. Dhoomstriker
6. MoreEpicThanYou
7. AlmightyZ AbsintheRed
8. Mitchum
9. SamSniped
10. Landlubber

Reserves
1. Strijder20
2. Tambien

Table of Contents
Episode 1
Round 1 - SouthernKing takes a quick lead over everyone else. A middle pack of people is formed, and becomes clustered. MoreEpicThanYou completes the task in last place.
Round 2 - SouthernKing finds himself unable to rob a vendor as Red Spy surges into the lead. MoreEpicThanYou attempts to pass General Olaf.
Round 3 - Red Spy struggles to sail right as Mosher takes the lead. However, Dhoomstriker follows closely behind. MoreEpicThanYou fights to pass General Olaf in order to survive elimination.
Final Round - MoreEpicThanYou fails to pass Olaf. Dhoomstriker passes Mosher at the last minute to win the episode.
Elimination - MoreEpicThanYou is the first to be eliminated off the show

Episode 2
Round 1 - AlmightyZ begins with a terrific start, but not enough to beat Dhoom, who still remains in the lead. Mosher, Olaf, and HJ tie for last place.
Round 2 - Mountains troll everybody. The results end up quite random :p
Round 3 - The long awaited update! The roster is shaken up, and the episode becomes a non-elimination.
Elimination - Red Spy and SamSniped leave the show. The episode is a non-elimination.

Current Leaderboard - Episode 2: Final Round
1. Dhoomstriker - 24
2. Mitchum - 19
3. Mosher - 18
5. AbsintheRed - 17
5. Landlubber - 17
6. Hoplitejoe - 16
7. General Olaf - 11
8. Red Spy - 10
9. SamSniped - 9

MoreEpicThanYou

This Episode will End on Round 4

Oh, this looks really intense! I don't think I am going to sign up, as I would probably be eliminated by the first episode xD. I will be creepin' round this, though.

Cool, can't wait till we get started.

Can't wait.

Great idea! As I am no longer going on any vacations and the only thing that can stop me is *gasp* Homework, I sign up.

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE do not use Worldbuilder
There should be an option that will disable World Builder usage... you could first create the map, save it as a World Builder file, then load the World Builder file as a scenario with the "Lock Modified Assets" option enabled. Doing so should (hopefully--I have not tried it myself) prevent others from using the World Builder but would still allow you to use the World Builder to set things up. I'm pretty sure that that's how the Game of the Month games get set up.

:agree:, hwever I am leaving for Lake Gaston in a week. :D
I'll put you up as a reserve, then :D

Sounds cool. How often would we play?
Each round starts when everyone is finished playing the last one. So...it depends on how fast everybody is. Are you signing up? I'll just take your comment as a sign-up... :D

MoreEpicThanYou is also added to the roster. We will see if he's really...More Epic...Than You!

@ Dhoom: Well there's two other rules that I can't really enforce. So if they follow the "Do not use Worldbuilder" rule, they will probably follow the other rules.

How dare you deny the solid proof that I am more epic than all of you. :nono: :p:
Put your money where your mouth is and actually provide the proof by dominating this competition. Until then, all that we have to go on are words... and there are many words that have been said on the forums that make claims to the contrary (i.e. that you are less than epic).

Oh, yea?

Then why did this happen?

Attachments

• i am epic.png
    i am epic.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 606
As the GM, I've decided to quickly close all comments about the Epic Wars before it get's started again :p

:rolleyes:

Dhoomstriker is going to destroy all of us, so there's really no point in saying you're more epic than Yoshi.

Top Bottom