The Aviation Mod

OrionVeteran

Deity
The Aviation Mod for BTS 3.19

When it comes to air combat, there is no room for second place. This mod adds 15 aircraft and one anti-aircraft gun to bring new life to the air war in Civ4. I take no credit for the graphics, which are all available in the downloads database, and I thank each of the respective developers. The aircraft missions and promotions are very realistic and you have much to choose from: Reconnaissance, Interception, Long range Strategic bombing, Close Air Support, Carrier Operations, and Stealth. There are two new techs: Jet Propulsion and Advanced Metallurgy. There are two new buildings: the Airfield and the Parts Plant. There is also a new resource: Titanium, which is a prerequisite for the late model aircraft. This mod is now available in both WoC and standard formats. There is no SDK or Python to contend with, so it should be an easy merge into your respective mods.

Download Here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15325

May the Air "Force" be with you!

Orion Veteran :cool:

hey oc,

is this similar to dale - or is it a new code by you?

well, he stated, that no SDK or Python is included, so i think there are no specdial functions included, just new units added, thus would not be like Dale´s ...
correct me if i am mistaken here^^

Do air units gain experience in your mod? If not you should consider merging in my latest release into your mod: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=9585828

SDK changes would limit this generic mod to just a select few. Currently, this mod can be used in virtually every BTS mod out there. However, I am interested in your experience mod. There is just one thing I would add to really create explosive fun: Give the bombers the ability to drop a nuke. :mwaha: I could easily create a new combat category for bombers, which we may not need. What we would need is an SDK tag to give an aircraft the ability to drop a nuke and be able to select any target plot, within the aircraft's range. Can you do it? :drool:

Great Mod OV! BTW would you consider a similar mod for Naval Units?

Thanks. I knew this one would be popular. As for your request: I am already collecting the graphics for a few additional naval units. Might be a while before I can release it, as the Aviation mod took several weeks of tweaking to get it right.

SDK changes would limit this generic mod to just a select few. Currently, this mod can be used in virtually every BTS mod out there. However, I am interested in your experience mod. There is just one thing I would add to really create explosive fun: Give the bombers the ability to drop a nuke. :mwaha: I could easily create a new combat category for bombers, which we may not need. What we would need is an SDK tag to give an aircraft the ability to drop a nuke and be able to select any target plot, within the aircraft's range. Can you do it? :drool:

Its funny that you say that... I am working on something kind of like that... land and air transport abilities. We have it for sea units but not for land and sea units...

Its funny that you say that... I am working on something kind of like that... land and air transport abilities. We have it for sea units but not for land and sea units...

I really believe giving strategic bombers the ability to drop nukes adds realism to the game and would create a measure of Mutual Assured Deterent or Destruction (MAD). Can't wait to see your results. :D

Thanks. I knew this one would be popular. As for your request: I am already collecting the graphics for a few additional naval units. Might be a while before I can release it, as the Aviation mod took several weeks of tweaking to get it right.
Oh cool thx!:goodjob:

Top Bottom