The banned god: RFC DI

strijder20

Wallowing in irony
Welcome to my third story!
This is a divine intervention story, in which readers of the forums can change things in the save, and start storylines themselves.

This story is utilising the great RFC mod, which is included with BtS so noone should have problems opening the save. I considered using RFC: DoC for a moment, which adds a great deal of improvements, but then I would be forcing people to download it. I decided to be nice :).

I think I need no ruleset : everyone can understand what to do or not to do. Do not make changes which hugely benefit/penalize me or the AI, do announce all your changes in a spoiler - which I can't open, but others can - give a vague description of what you did outside the spoiler so I know more or less what you did. I can veto any change if I deem it too drastic.

Please add a little explanation/story on why you implemented the changes. So not 'I added a peak outside Bejing's BFC', but 'An earthquake started. The ground rose, and mountains were created outside the great city of Bejing, to form a natural barrier against the northern hordes.' Do not worry about story-writing skills : every effort is appreciated! And I'm not much of a writer myself either :p

You can also make quests, if you want to do so : when I complete something, you give me a reward, or you punish me for not completing it.

When you want to intervene, please 'call' : post a message in which you say you will intervene now, to prevent two people intervening at the same time. If a person has called three hours ago and has not posted a save yet, consider that 'call' expired.

Tambien just gave an excellent example of introducing himself : his post is the fourth one on this thread. Give yourself a slightly altered name, if you wish, and say what you are god from. Try to follow your god's domain : if you are god of the sea, adding seafood or ordering me to build a navy are fitting ideas.

*mumbles something about having three unfinished stories now and Yoshi-illness*

But let's post the story's beginning!

Qin spit on the ground. How did they dare! How did they dare to punish him, the great Qin, king of all gods.

And all because of a such a minor incident. Didn’t he have the right to claim the lives of mortal and immortals alike? Hang, the god of family, annoyed him, so he killed him, as far as killing an immortal is possible. And for that, the other gods decided to punish him.

They did not only dethrone him, and make Hang’s son the most important god, but they also banished him to the realm of the mortals for a full 6000 years to build an empire. 6000 years?! And without divine powers, he could not let time go faster. Well, at least the other gods weren’t here, to continually a… -
‘Qin!’ a deep voice shouted from above. ‘We have decided to mess with your World, changing it continuously to make your punishment even harder!’ The voice faded, but Qin could swear he heard a laugh.
He cursed and walked to the band of savages which was his people, and ordered them to found Beijing.

The years passed, and Qin did not grew old. After all, he still had to last a few millennia, so they didn’t take away his immortality. His people learned to tame the fierce animals to the south, also called ‘pigs’. Promptly, a huge hedge was constructed around the monsters, which had extremely positive effects on the farming industry in the area, as the pigs could not eat any farmers anymore. The pigland became a major source of food.

The Chinese also learned how to cut the huge pillars surrounding their town down with axes made of bronze – they found out wood and bread were not strong enough to make axes from. But when this major feat was achieved, Qin could sense the world around him twist. The gods were intervening.

Ack, it seems you can't change attachments when in edit mode. Oh well, here is the save.
Updates will happen on Wednesday and Tuesday.

Wednesday : intervene before 19.15 (7.15 PM).
Sunday : intervene before 9.00 (AM).
GMT times.
Spoiler GMT conversions :
Western European time : GMT + 1
Eastern Standard time : GMT - 5
Time of the Kiwis : GMT + 11/12 (if you are an Eastern Australian)

The first three turnsets will be 40 turns each, the following two 30 turns, and the rest 20 turns or less.

Attachments

• Qin Shi Huang Bronze Age Turn 37.CivBeyondSwordSave
    93.4 KB · Views: 59
Joining as Narqo Gonzhou, God of Fertility, land, and the winds.

CURRENT GODS
1. Narqo Gonzhou, God of Fertility, land, and the winds(Tambien)
2. Moore Epic, God of War and Conquest(METY)
3. The collective Unconsciousness, the god of will. (Lelouch)
4. Gargis, God of Destruction, Choas, and the North. (Red Spy)
5. Mayor, God of _____?(mayor)

Can I be a god? if i can I'll be the god of will, called the collective unconsciousness.

Gargis, God of Destruction, Choas, and the North.

I'd like 5 gods before we start editing.
It seems I have 3 now - Epic, will you update? In that case it is four.

I think I will join this. have been thinking of starting my own DI but I'll put that on hold for now ;) anyway: how much time are you planning on giving us to screw around :mischief: with your game between updates?

You can start intervening now.
Updates will happen on Wednesday and Sunday.

I have no problem with people joining in mid-game, but the amount of gods will be limited to 10.

Gods:
1. Narqo Gonzhou, God of Fertility, land, and the winds. (Tambien)
2. Moore Epic, God of War and Conquest. (MoreEpicThanYou)
3. The collective Unconsciousness, the god of will. (Lelouch)
4. Gargis, God of Destruction, Choas, and the North. (Red Spy)
5. 智慧娱乐 (Zhìhuì yúlè) Goddess of Wisdom and Entertainment (Mayor)
6. Trexeric, god of deceit
7. Lord Underdog, Protector and Patron Saint of the Poor, Weak, and Helpless (Linkman)
8. George!!!! the patron of humor and practical jokes. (Jwitti)
9. Rostam, Patron God of Persia (Jamescaesar)
10. The god of the Gauls and Random Barbarians (Spaceman)

You can start intervening now.

excellent ;)

Updates will happen on Wednesday and Saturday.

I'm still on this :p

Could you change Saturday into Sunday?
I'm afraid that there's to little time between Wednesday and Saturday for all Gods to do their thing.... (I'm basing this on my own schedule and the fact that the gods can't make changes at the same time)

(I'll play whatever you decide ;))

can you give a give a rough estimate of the (CFC) time the updates have to be in?
(I'm asking all these questions so I can take it into account with my schedule :p)

excellent ;)

I'm still on this :p

Could you change Saturday into Sunday?
I'm afraid that there's to little time between Wednesday and Saturday for all Gods to do their thing.... (I'm basing this on my own schedule and the fact that the gods can't make changes at the same time)

(I'll play whatever you decide ;))

can you give a give a rough estimate of the (CFC) time the updates have to be in?
(I'm asking all these questions so I can take it into account with my schedule :p)

Fine, I'll play Sunday morning, then. It's all the same for me. I planned to play Saturday evening, so there would be two weekdays and Saturday between the first and the second update, but that would cause problems for the Americans (and you).

I don't know the CFC timezone, so I'll post things in GMT + 0.
Western European time : GMT + 1
Eastern Standard time : GMT - 5

Wednesday : intervene before 19.15 (7.15 PM).
Sunday : intervene before 9.00 (AM).

ok i got the save

As Qin waited for the inevitable changes to the world, He heard a voice, no, a collection of voices, saying something. It, no they, were saying: "We are the Collective Unconsciousness. We have something for you to do. We have placed our greatest swordsmen in a city of great worth. If you capture it, we will see to it that you are rewarded greatly. The sooner you capture it, the greater the reward will be."
NFSJR20E
Spoiler :
I raised some mountains blocking land passage to Korea, and placed a city with all the defensive buildings and is guarded by a samurai with all the promotions that could be useful on UNITAI_ICBM i also placed fish all around Korea

Attachments

• Qin Shi Huang Bronze Age Turn 37 Lelouch Edit.CivBeyondSwordSave
    95.4 KB · Views: 54
As Qin waited for the inevitable changes to the world, He heard a voice, no, a collection of voices, saying something. It, no they, were saying: "We are the Collective Unconsciousness. We have something for you to do. We have placed our greatest swordsmen in a city of great worth. If you capture it, we will see to it that you are rewarded greatly. The sooner you capture it, the greater the reward will be."
NFSJR20E

I spent five minutes glaring at NFSJR20E, thinking it was a hint indicating where I should seek it :crazyeye:

So that means you looked? :nono:

Top Bottom