The Binding of Isaac

Bowsling

Deity

Genesis, Chapter 22
9 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built the altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar, upon the wood.
10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said: 'Abraham, Abraham.' And he said: 'Here am I.'
12 And he said: 'Lay not thy hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him; for now I know that thou art a God-fearing man, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son, from Me.'

This PBEM is unique. Only two victory conditions are enabled: conquest and 100K cultural. The kicker: Culture for all buildings is off.

We get culture by enslaving enemy units, which will generate a slave worker, generating 10 culture when sacrificed in a city (20 if the city has a cathedral). Sacrificing rams doesn't work. The culture limit will be set at 10,000, which works out to about 2,000 dead enemy units.

The map will be a small Pangaea map, with everything else random. No computer-controlled civilizations, and no barbarians.

I'm not going to write a bunch of formal rules, but just use common sense, don't be a jerk, declare war before you march your massive invading army into someone else's territory, and when in doubt, follow the Hall of Fame rules.

The current list of players:

Bowsling - Germany
Eclipse4449 -Celts
RickFGS -Maya
classical_hero - Ottomans

Everybody can pick their civilizations at this point, and any new players are welcome. The game will start this weekend, either on the 18th or 19th.

And we're off!

And just so that we don't have people complaining about their start a year down the road, any player can deem their start to be unplayable in the next 5 turns, and we will restart.

Top Bottom