The Case Against Hyuana Cupac

Excellent game AbsuluteZero - very enjoyable to watch.

Nope, all standard culture buildings are always destroyed, as well as barracks/other military buildings. Everything else has a chance of surviving.

Hmm <checks XML> this is right - I must have been thinking of shrines and academies which remain but without culture - I thought there were more exceptions like universities. FWIW another arguable exception is illustrated by Timbuktu here. If you own or capture Stonehenge, the monument remains and continues to give culture. (Well maybe the enemy monument is destroyed and a new friendly one is immediately erected - same effect though.)

Inspired by this, i started with HC a few times and...it didn't matter who the closest neighbour was.
I choked Genghis, Monty, Hatshi and Giggles.
They never build warriors, it's so stupid :D

So yip, with the Quechuas i always would have had enough land on Deity.

I admire that you didn't reload when your town was razed the first time, and that you didn't rage-quit the second time it happened!

By the way, who is this Hyena Q-Pack you keep mentioning in the video? :p
I think it should be pronounced "Wayna Kapac" or something along those lines. ;)

I admire that you didn't reload when your town was razed the first time, and that you didn't rage-quit the second time it happened!

By the way, who is this Hyena Q-Pack you keep mentioning in the video? :p
I think it should be pronounced "Wayna Kapac" or something along those lines. ;)

There should be some kinda pronunciation by each name in civ 4. I like saying Hyena Q-pac though.

All vids are uploaded.

AZ - your pronunciations have always been hilarious...don't change it

Enjoying the Hyena Q-tip vids. He's actually someone I tend to avoid playing but you've given me a new perspective for some fun on higher levels with him.

So what's next for you? I'd like to see you do some Shaka and try an Impi rush. Or maybe show the power of the Draft.

edit: oh...and have you tried looking into getting better resolutions on youtube.

AZ - your pronunciations have always been hilarious...don't change it

Enjoying the Hyena Q-tip vids. He's actually someone I tend to avoid playing but you've given me a new perspective for some fun on higher levels with him.

So what's next for you? I'd like to see you do some Shaka and try an Impi rush. Or maybe show the power of the Draft.

edit: oh...and have you tried looking into getting better resolutions on youtube.

I'm playing that Toku map again and it looks promising.

Better resolutions? 480 is too low? I dunno if there is a point where youtube will say to me "damn son that's too much GB worth of videos you're uploading there, back off!"

TMIT uploading 720p videos long time already. Quality improvement is significant. No need to scroll video back "What was it?", "How many turns left?" etc.

Better resolutions? 480 is too low? I dunno if there is a point where youtube will say to me "damn son that's too much GB worth of videos you're uploading there, back off!"

You can upload up to 1080p on Youtube. It is mostly a question of whether you have the hard drive space to record at a higher quality (and the bandwidth to upload large files in a reasonable time).

Yup, just say "Whiny Car park" with an Incan accent and you've got it! :lol:

Long since deleted. Noone seems to play the games I post anyway.

Actually I would and I'm sure others would too. I recall trying your Willie ellieput rush on Darius which I think was one of your first LPs, but I've not seen a save since. Great for folks who want to mimic your actions. You've enhanced my game quite a bit with your vids and I'm feeling more comfortable now a deity. Rock on!

It's really unfair to say that Hyuana Capac is overpowered. First of all- you're really talking about the Incan civ, right? Most of your strategy revolved around the initial Quechua rush, and had little to do with Hyuana's traits. Quechua's are only good because they exploit a hole in the AI- it builds way too many archers. A better opponent could counter them easily with warriors. The terrace is certainly a good UB, maybe even the best, but it loses a lot of its appeal in deity where it's so hard to grab land. And it has anti-synergy with the Incan's starting with mysticism tech.

I do like Huayna Capac's traits though. Especially on water maps, he can almost guarantee you the GLH, and I think you can make a better case for saying it's overpowered. But on land maps there's a lot of leaders I like better.

Most of your strategy revolved around the initial Quechua rush, and had little to do with Hyuana's traits.

Oracling alpha was a major part of my strategy, as was a high commerce cottage capitol.

Quechua's are only good because they exploit a hole in the AI- it builds way too many archers. A better opponent could counter them easily with warriors.

I'm not playing multiplayer, I'm playing vs the AI. VS the AI, quechas rule.

Oracling alpha was a major part of my strategy, as was a high commerce cottage capitol.

I'm not playing multiplayer, I'm playing vs the AI. VS the AI, quechas rule.

I wouldn't really say that oracling alphabet is overpowered though, would you? Admittedly it's easier with HC than anyone else.

I know it's just single player. It still seems weird to say that HC is overpowered because the AI has a particularly stupid behavior towards quechuas.

Well, but exactly this IS one of the main reasons why HC is overpowered in singleplayer. Along with his Top UB that AZ doesn't seem to like that much for whatever reason, paired with his great traitcombo that allows you for almost every opening in almost every maplayout. If he'd have another starting tech other than Myst, mining or wheel for example, he'd be even more overpowered and there'd be no discussion which leader is the strongest. Personally i don't like to play him, and i'd rather take CRE + X than FIN+IND, but still HC is a beast.

In MP it's another case, but when we're talking about SP you have to consider this when talking about the strength of a leader i believe ;)

Top Bottom