The case for Tobacco (not the musician)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure everyone here is missing the point.

Who the hell is Tobacco the musician?

Well, I just had to chime in on this.

Tobacco has been in a Civ game before; Civ 4 Colonization. You know, the game that is basically a total conversion mod sanctioned by Firaxis everyone only remembers because it was packaged with the Complete Edition of Civ IV.

Thus, I think we can make a case for Tobacco not being outcast from the game because of medical issues or whatever. Besides, if we removed resources for stuff like that, why isn't wine removed? Or other additive resources.

Note: I still believe thats incense. But we shouldn't discount Tobacco because it appeared in a civ game before.

Well, I just had to chime in on this.

Tobacco has been in a Civ game before; Civ 4 Colonization. You know, the game that is basically a total conversion mod sanctioned by Firaxis everyone only remembers because it was packaged with the Complete Edition of Civ IV.

Thus, I think we can make a case for Tobacco not being outcast from the game because of medical issues or whatever. Besides, if we removed resources for stuff like that, why isn't wine removed? Or other additive resources.

Note: I still believe thats incense. But we shouldn't discount Tobacco because it appeared in a civ game before.

I played the original Colonization to death. Dos game I might add.

I played the original Colonization to death. Dos game I might add.

Never played the first one, but it's pretty addictive. I just wish it had a bit more depth; oh, and it didn't only come with 4 colonies. Why not portugal, when they colonized all of SA when the Dutch took.. Pennsylvania and new york, before getting kicked out. Why not Russia, who along with the British, took much of Alaska and north western america?

But that's for another thread :p

Tobacco, I think, should be in the game, along with Marijuana. There should be a building that converts Tobacco into gold but also adds unhealth, like workshops in Civ IV. If we have unhealth in Civ VI. There is also a building that converts Marijuana into health, but reduce food.

There is also a building that converts Marijuana into health, but reduce food.

That will be in no way controversial. :rolleyes: In terms of narcotics, I think opium has a better claim as a resource than hemp.

well to be fair i did a spell as a radio DJ, but I also spent a little time as a bartender so i do pretty well at parties.

And here I thought your user name was in reference to the Full House and Fuller House character played by Candace Cameron.

As for the symbol, I think it's Incense because, as others have said repeatedly, it's in the desert and it looks similar to the Incense icon in Civ 5.

In my opinion, slaves and opium are the only resources that should be off the table. It felt weird that tobacco, coffee beans, and tea weren't in Civ5.

That's kinda rewriting history...

Implying Civ is the bastion of accurate history.

Jokes aside, Slavery is kinda tasteless for a resource, especially one you find on the map. Slavery might be better as a civic (look at Civ IV) or in the form of an ability as in the Aztec's unique ability to transform killed units into workers.

Opium is an illegal drug, so it might be hard to decipt in a game without raising the ESRB rating. I'm pretty sure they want to keep it around E 10+.

I'm not sure I even understand why including tobacco as a luxury resource would be controversial. Is tobacco illegal anywhere in the world? If you're going to get moralistic about luxuries should furs and ivory be included?

Just posting in this thread to commend the OP on his immaculate taste :lol:

<snip> Friends is easily one of my favorite albums for partying, it's just so colourful and cheery :)

Moderator Action: Please do not try to defeat the auto censor. Swear word snipped.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Just posting in this thread to commend the OP on his immaculate taste :lol:

<snip> Friends is easily one of my favorite albums for partying, it's just so colourful and cheery :)

Moderator Action: Please do not try to defeat the auto censor. Swear word snipped.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I like the part where it goes "bwum bwum bah bum bum bum // bwum bwum bah bum bum bum"

anyway, since this is a thread about music & stuff you might find in a jazz club, here's a pic of a new resource

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom