The Civ 5 strategy guide.......

I was just wandering, how much is included in the Civ 5 strategy guide? I can see it on Amazon and I am interested in buying it but I want to know how much I am getting for my money. How long is it? What does it include? Who made it and how accurate do you think it is etc.

wtf the world famous Civ fanatics site doesn't know anything about the strategy guide for their fav franchise? :confused:

Hi,

I got my strategy guide yesterday. First thing what catched my eye was the quality. It's multi-coloured and comparing to the Civ IV strategy guide I also owe it's much deeper explainung. The Civ IV guide just alludes facts bit the Civ V one is explaining strategy and information to every unit, technology, improvement, wonder and so on. For units it does not only give the facts of strenghts, it also provides with information against which unit it is usefull.
For me it was worth the money (I paid 15€ that's $20).

Rather offtopic, but it is getting annoying that they stop putting manuals in the boxes then make you pay extra for an extended manual/strategy guide.

I wouldn't waste my money on a strategy guide when there will be far more information (and more accurate information) on CFC.

I bought the strategy guide the week before release. A few things are wrong in it since I have played the game, and it is riddled with spelling and wording mistakes. Also I believe they rewrite it a few times because it mentions the date its printed on the back, so they may update it every now an then, though I doubt they have yet. Reading it before the game came out may or may not have helped me with the game, I cant say for sure. I know I wouldnt buy it now though. Its basicly the same thing as the manual, except it has a small paragraph or two about strategies with each leader. It also talks about certain victory condition strategies.

One glaring thing that is wrong in it is that it said deals can not be canceled no matter what, even if you declare war. Everytime I declare war my deals are all canceled.

^ We are told that this isn't annoying, it's "socially responsible". Think of all the trees we're saving! :lol:

Top Bottom