The Community Deity Game # 8 - Austria

Spoiler :
I don't think I got any achievement points as I did not read the rules.
I did not annex any CIV built 4 cities to stop the Spawning of India. was very bad at stealing tech and forgot to send my spies to coup the CIV.Got the second spot on freedom as i could not get coal soon enough.Managed to finish way ahead of all the other civ with about 12 bulbeb GS.Peacefull all the way

Attachments

• maria.jpg
    maria.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 192
Spoiler :
I don't think I got any achievement points as I did not read the rules.
I did not annex any CIV built 4 cities to stop the Spawning of India. was very bad at stealing tech and forgot to send my spies to coup the CIV.Got the second spot on freedom as i could not get coal soon enough.Managed to finish way ahead of all the other civ with about 12 bulbeb GS.Peacefull all the way

You get one point for finishing before T300.

A. Win the game by science victory before:
c)<240t - 4p

B.Diplo-marry city states:
a)5 or more in 5 or more different eras -6p

C. At the end of game be friend with 5 or more (or all remaining) civilizations - 3p
Done (6 civs)

D. At the end of game be ally of all remaining city states - 3p
Done

E. Have coffee houses in all cities (puppets don't count) -2p
Done

Spoiler :

Pretty standard tradition game except for lack of space so only 3 initial cities. Tried to annex CS as early as possible but only have enough gold near end of classical era. Sofia is first CS added on T95 due to quests, but location is bad and possibly cost me many turns of victory. Later added Wellington on 145 during Renaissance, Hanoi on 165 during Industrial, Sydney on 189 during Modern, M'banza Kongo on 205 during Atomic. This is solid way to add a lot of population thus science but it's difficult to find enough happiness to support many cities and the fact that no other AI adopted freedom added to the challenge.

NC 83
Education 111
ST 149
Plastics 189

Only built Big Ben, SoL and Hubble. ALL AI except Sweden were DoF at the end, plenty of RA early on. Sweden had been denounced by every other civ, so it was easy to make friends with others when I also denounce.

Spoiler :

Reading Sclb's recap, I finally realized I messed up on achievement C: I was friends with 6/7 AI at the end, which should be 16 points.

T198 SV, with reloads

Achievements = 13 16 points
A. a) <200t = 6 points
B. married 7 city states, but not in 5 diff eras = 5 points
C. close, lost 1 friend late game yes friends with 6/7 AI = 3 points
D. not even close, only 1 ally at the end = 0 points
E. yes, coffee houses in all cities (didn't have any puppets) = 2p

Spoiler :
I spent all my mid-game gold on RAs (maybe 8-10) and only started marrying CS just before starting WF (went from 8th to 1st in production). However, in retrospect I think marrying CS with universities already built is a better investment for science in the mid-game for Austria, especially with the added GSs born later on.

T62 NC
T98 Education
T143 Scientific Theory
T183 Plastics

Achievements
A. Win the game by science victory before:
b)<220t - 5p

B.Diplo-marry city states:
b)5 -5p

C. At the end of game be friend with 5 or more (or all remaining) civilizations - 0p
Had I finished the game one turn earlier, I would have been able to complete this achievement.. sigh.. Netherlands asked me to denounce Portugal (the only other civ adopting Freedom). I refused, he denounced me, followed by two other denunciations. Had I accepted, I would still have been **** over with 1 missing DoF. All the more frustrating is that I ended up with one extra GS at the end of the game, so avoiding this mess was a real possibility here.

D. At the end of game be ally of all remaining city states - 3p
Done

E. Have coffee houses in all cities (puppets don't count) -2p
Done

Civ5Screen0015.jpg

Top Bottom