The Danes Have Halted my Entire Fleet

WacktheMedic

Chieftain
I'm in quite the pickle here. If you will draw your attention to the Danes (the grey) you will see they have a single ship blocking the North Sea. I am the French. Half of my navy has become trapped behind that one ship because I am in a locked alliance with Denmark as part of the Napoleonic Campaign. What the hell can I do to get them to move it?
Spoiler :

I doubt that will work. The AI usually likes have units at bottlenecks - land as well as sea.

I would normally tell you to either found a city at the base of the isthmus (forming a canal), take them out, or allow another civ to conquer their city, which you can then capture. Looking at the map, none of those are possible. Tough luck. Just disband the ships for shields, not much else you could do. :(

You can't build settlers in that scenario.

Or at least, I don't remember being able to do so....

You can't build settlers. That's one of the pains. The only other option I can think of is if I declare on the Russians, there is a small overland route which they can attack the Danes through. I'd be putting my own cities in danger, but it would be worth it.

That sucks...

or you could just get rid of any right of passage you may have and wait a couple turns for them to try the declare or get out thing(although it doesnt let you declare) to get your ships out

i know that but if you are in a locked alliance and dont have a right of passage they still sometimes ask you to leave there territory
Yea, but the ships would still be there...

I would go for opening up a route for it to go. It may take it eventually, and then you can pounce on the chokehold yourself. Or, it may get sunk by an enemy.

Yea, but the ships would still be there...

I would go for opening up a route for it to go. It may take it eventually, and then you can pounce on the chokehold yourself. Or, it may get sunk by an enemy.

-nods- The Russians have a large fleet and if I open up a route, they will most likely go for the Danes.

He said he's in a locked alliance, which means he can't attack the danes ever.

In the SOE testing we had a situation, when one AI member of a locked alliance declared war to another AI member of that locked alliance.

In the SOE testing we had a situation, when one AI member of a locked alliance declared war to another AI member of that locked alliance.

The Danes are a huge pain in the ass. Twice they declared upon foreign nations (when Austria and Prussia were still in the game) and almost caused the destruction of my nation.

ur doin well in that scenario I normally end up in a stalemate in that one

This also happened occasionally in the WW2 Global scenario, but afaik, it only happens through the use of spies, and I don't think there are spies in this scenario either, although my memory on that one is fuzzy.

What the hell can I do to get them to move it?

1. Move your vessels out of there.
2. Declare war on the Ottos.
3. Make sure that the Gibraltar strait is passable.
4. Sign the Danes against the Ottos.

Hopefully they will move...

1. Move your vessels out of there.
2. Declare war on the Ottos.
3. Make sure that the Gibraltar strait is passable.
4. Sign the Danes against the Ottos.

Hopefully they will move...

1. Already done, didn't move yet.
2. Been fighting a war for several turns now. The Ottomans are almost gone.
3. It's clear.
4. They are already fighting against them.

:hmm:

Haven't played this one for a while. I guess that you can't attack your ally (as in locked alliance) either with a Privateer?

You should be fairly close to the dom limit anyway...

:)

Top Bottom