The Dawn of Civilization / Opening Strategies

Note though that a scout probably won't die from being attacked by a single barbarian warrior unit though. So scouts are likely to be able to survive much longer, because they can run away from enemy infantry that they happen to stumble across. Whereas in Civ4, ending a turn next to a barbarian unit basically = instadeath.

Note though that a scout probably won't die from being attacked by a single barbarian warrior unit though. So scouts are likely to be able to survive much longer, because they can run away from enemy infantry that they happen to stumble across. Whereas in Civ4, ending a turn next to a barbarian unit basically = instadeath.

Very well noted, the hp mechanic might prove to be a great thing especially on early game, with scouts and cities. No more losing perfectly good stuff within a single turn's passing.

Worker is still the best option I think...though if Scouts if the ability to be offensive then as Germany I might train an army of them and rape and pillage barbarians for early gold so I can rush buildings and buy lots of hexes. :king:

Also, may I just add that the fog of war is beautiful in this game. I almost don't want to explore for fear of ruining those pretty clouds. :lol:

Top Bottom