The Divine Blood of Heroes (FFH DI4)

And since his went on longterm hiatus, I've been running another - 'Brennus' Sacred Grove' - on unmodded BTS. Feel free to have a look, and since there's one participant at risk of a WoG, there may soon be a spot open...

Just reread all of this. It is probably safe to say it is dead, yes. I had a lot of fun doing it (well, most of it...), so even though it is a year and a half late, thanks to everyone that participated.

Do people still make these? Or any sort of group stories with FFH?

Ah well. Good times.
Hi Verdian,

It was really a fun participating. The story was very interesting, developing and with a great potential. What has happened that you quitted this one so unexpectedly? Are you in mood to necro this one and continue the story?

Well... I suppose we could. I doubt many people are still around, though.

I hate to bring up bad memories as to why I stopped playing. At the time, I didn't think anyone was having fun. One person had quit, apparently there was a lot of arguing in the other thread, I was really (really, really) annoyed at Dean's attitude, and apparently the only reason people were still doing this was for my benefit, and were not actually having fun. So I stopped.

If you want to start this again (does the save even work with the current version?) or start a new one, let me know. It could be fun.

I don't know how to make saves or anything, but I just found this thread yesterday and was immideately enthused. If this is really going to resume, then I have an alternate interpretation of Sirona I have to test out.

Edit: Oh, someone already took the Sirona position.

I had enormous fun with this game, trying to destroy the world as Ceridwen. I'd join immediately if you necro'd it.

I just tried to load the save from zacman's post, and it didn't work. So I guess we weren't using the new version. That means we would have to start a new one.

I'll watch this with interest - it looks great. Sadly, I've never been able to get into FFH and it's lore, so I couldn't do much. :p Makes for a fun read, though.

Alternatively, all participants could install 'patch j' version of FFH2 (as an addition to most recent one) and we could try to play the 'old' plot...

As much as I love the old plot (and I really did, re-reading it was a lot of fun), it would probably be easier to just start a new one. I'll wait around for a few days and see what people say and who of the old group even checks this forum still.

If we do start a new game, I would gladly take up being the player again. But if someone else wants to try, post it. I already got my turn and ended it, so I don't want to be greedy.

Whatever you do, like Mosher, I'll be following it eagerly. After watching 20-odd pages of unopenable spoilers scroll before my eyes, it'd be a pleasure to be able to look in some :D

As much as I love the old plot (and I really did, re-reading it was a lot of fun), it would probably be easier to just start a new one. I'll wait around for a few days and see what people say and who of the old group even checks this forum still.

If we do start a new game, I would gladly take up being the player again. But if someone else wants to try, post it. I already got my turn and ended it, so I don't want to be greedy.

I would be the player, but after downloading FFHII, I realized that...

...There is no way I could possibly come close to even losing with dignity with other people screwing with me. :p

Interesting to see that this had been commented on while I wasn't paying attention to Civ Fanatics. Sorry to others while I Necro this awesome thread to once again comment on it;

Verdian don't worry about having been dragged away, I'm suprised at your honourable nature to have still not checked the Gods Lore forum to see what the arguement was. It was basically Dean Playing to "win" while others were playing to "roleplay" or "tell a story" that caused clashes. But I have to say that I myself and many others were still enjoying and enthralled in this game/story right up until the end. I joined Civ Fanatics originally just to play in this after all :)

Considering this is semi-necromatic being behind everyone else who reminisced feel free everyone to ignore this idea. But couldn't just one god install the old patch, save the game as a worldbuilder file, then open it in the new FFH version and save it as a new game? That would get around it being an old 'J' version I think.

But anyway I'll look around and see if a new FFH DI has started since July I really havn't glanced at these forums in awhile, just wanted to tell Verdian he was awesome and I enjoyed this right up until the end. :king:

- Ravus

Top Bottom