The Editor: Needs a few things

jim1013

Chieftain
Civ3 seems to be a great game, with a few little issues that need to be adressed:

corruption (think this might be okay if we raise the optimal number of cities in the editor... will wait and see though)

Combat. Lack of extra HP for some units.. I was disapointed to find that the editor seems to have no function for giving specific units more HP, although you can select number of HP for conscripts,normal, vet, elite). I hope they do something about this in the patch. (if someone DOES know a way around this i want to know)

and with the map editor, which is mainly what this post is about. Firstly, starting locations. It should be possible to select the starting location for specific civs, as far as i can tell, this is not possible, you select the start locations and they are all randomized. A starting location for specific civs is a real MUST.

Also, the lack of a little mini map in the editor is also very annoying :mad: It makes it much harder to design a map when not being able to see the big picture, and scrolling around doesnt help much in this respect, particularly on large maps

If anyone has work arounds to these things i'd be keen to know. It's infuriating to see them take a step back, on a few very basic features that were included in civ2. A mini map & starting location for specific civs are essential to have for a useful editor...and unit specific HP should also be implemented. I should balance the bad with the good however, and i'll say that besides the above the editor has some great improvements too. And it's good that its possible to add/delete particular resources rather than just have to keep changing the seed number. This feature could be great in designing scenarios.. you could give different civs a lack of certain resources.

Top Bottom