The End of the Era of Peace

Theoden

Deity
GOTM Staff
To all people under Sirian,

For 5000 years this world has been living in peace and harmony. No blood has been shed except that of the barbarians. While we have enjoyed this Age of Friendship, all good things must come to an end.

Understand that this is not the wish of the Innovian people, but that we have no choice. For the past many years our brahmins have received many revelations from Shiva the Destroyer, who told us that a certain nation is making plans to betray us and our Hinduistic religion, and that we must take up arms if neccesary.

When it came to pass that the land of Loco closed their borders to us and turned away our longstanding friendship under the claim of supposed hostility, we knew that they were the nation Shiva had spoken about.

As such the land of Innovia hereby declares a state of war with the land of Loco.

To serve the world spectators we managed to get comments and wise words from various members of the innovian parliament shortly after the decision had been made:

W. Heel - "War is much more fun when you're winning!!"
P. Lough - "War is a continuation of politics by other means."
Al Phabet - "Let us make war, since evidently, our enemies have found peace intolerable."
C. Alendar - "It takes two sides to make war. It only takes one side to make a massacre."
P. Rotester - "War, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing!"

Theoden,
Foreign Minister of Innovia

Cry aloud and weep! For paradise lost!

"The world was all before them, where to choose/ their place of rest, and Providence their guide:/ They hand in hand with wand'ring steps and slow,/ Through Eden took their solitary way."
- Milton, Paradise Lost

lurker's comment:
De eerste dode in elke oorlog is het gezonde verstand. - A. den Doolaard
the first victim in any war is common sense.

The quickest way to end a war is to lose it. - George Orwell

Don't fear a man with an arsenal of bombs - Fear the man who only wants one.

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography. - Paul Rodrigues

So does this mean we are not going to cross the finish line together holding hands :lol:

We at Loco, recive information from a disclosed source of a possible invasion fleet coming towards us. We felt that we had to close our borders to this as if it had been an invasion force for another country then we would have help Innovia gain an advantage, also we had no prior warning of this fleet coming though our land which seem odd considering the amount of troops it involed.

This expetition of ships and land forces had no settlers or workers, they were clearly not for peaceful proposes and if it was going somewhere else, why have they landed next to our cities? Surely whatever demanded so many troops can't wait. This is in my view a clear indication that Innovia were looking to pick a fight

Beside that the game is getting interesting :)

Good overture of our position by Joe Harker. The Innoivan propaganda atop this page is a good try, but I don't think good enough. People here know where the blame lies.

In such a world of conflict, a world of victims and executioners, it is the job of thinking people, not to be on the side of the executioners.
Albert Camus

History teaches that war begins when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap.
Ronald Reagan

War is the first refuge of the incompetent
Isaac Asimov

All these quotes are nice, lets see some pictures of soldiers heroically fighting, this is sparta etc...

The Alohan govenrment has decided to issue the following open letter.

The people of Aloha are deeply concerned by the latest turn of events. We are a peaceful nation and seek to cooperate with other nations towards a better future for all.

While it is natural that we will have differences from time to time, these can always be overcome by sitting down and talking to one another. There are times when this can be a difficult process, but nothing patience and perseverance can not overcome.

For Innovia to have skipped past this process and straight into an aggressive act is not an action we Alohans can condone. To let diplomacy fail is a tragedy, but to not attempt it at all is travesty we can not ignore. We will be reviewing all our current deals with Innovia.

With this in mind we call on all of nations of Sirian to join us in condemning this act of overt aggression and to call on both parties to put their weapons down and sit down and talk with one another.

We pray that common sense prevails

Robi D, Foreign Minister of Aloha

The Locopatamian Government graciously welcomes the call for peace. Thank you. We can only hope that the Innovians will also rethink this war and we can move forward to a better tomorrow.

I must thank Aloha as New Foreign Minister of Loco for the call to peace between our nations.

meh. Donations of land from the victor to any of the 3 other teams will soothe tensions between the governments. As for who wins, whoever is the most generous with the spoils has my vote.

-The previous quote is personal idiotic ramblings intended to incite war, famine, and intrigue not necessarily in that order. It has no endorsements by any other person other than the poster and is certainly not endorsed by any team.

Top Bottom