The Galactic Civil War

Daryl95

Templar
I'm working on a Star Wars mod based on the Galactic Civil War. It's uses my Planet Colonization Mod.
Any info that I might not know on the Galactic Civil War would be appreciated.

Wheres the download to this Amazing mod

Wheres the download to this Amazing mod
Sorry, I made this back at BTS v3.17. There was a worldbuilder problem I couldn't figure out because as far as I know I didn't mess with anything to do with it. Because of this I didn't upload it. I may create a remake for 3.19. I am working on a variety of space mods. I could add this to the list.

I say we leave it at 3.17
And if you upload it i'll see if i can help you fix the problem

I say we leave it at 3.17
And if you upload it i'll see if i can help you fix the problem
I'll see if I can find it. I might have deleted it because I coldn't find the problem. If I still have it I don't think there's much more than the units. I didn't get far. I can't do anything though because I have upraded to BTS v3.19. I'll see if I still have it though.

If you still have i could use it even if it just had units

If you still have i could use it even if it just had units
I'm sorry but I've checked all my backup folders and I didn't have it. The unit graphics probably weren't anything you didn't have because I got this stuff off the database. Like I said, I have a variety of space mods on my to do list. I will add the three trilogies to my to do list. Before I get to any Star Wars mods though I need to finish two basic space mods with just terrain and the techs, units, buildings, etc. removed. I have one done, but that one isn't going to be used for the Galactic Civil War mod, the new Galactic Civil War mod will be based on a space mod of my own creation, similar to Vadus's Space Empires mod, The Planet Colonization Mod.

when you work on the trilogy mod how about making the planets 23 plots like this
00X
with the X represanting a city. is that possible?

when you work on the trilogy mod how about making the planets 23 plots like this
00X
with the X represanting a city. is that possible?
Do you mean land plots?

Yes Daryl 95
and if you know XML you could help with Religions and finding useful files to use in the mod

Yes Daryl 95
and if you know XML you could help with Religions and finding useful files to use in the mod
Sorry, I am basing this mod on planets not land squares. Land squares weren't realistic enough for me but I am working on a Star Wars mod which is basically all eras that focuses on land squares. The problem with 23 squares is that it would require a lot of space for one planet. The size of the map would be astronomical. It would take tons of space and someone with even a 512mb video card would have trouble. Unless the Galactic Civil War took place in a small area of the galaxy. I may be able to create something like that. I have a question though. If I set a unit so it can nuke and then I didn't set it to suicide, would it not be destroyed? If I could do that then I am sure I can get the Death Star I'm working on to destroy a world with the land squares you were talking about. It would become water which would be replaced by space.

Would this work
0X
An 8 plot planet

Would this work
0X
An 8 plot planet
I was actually going to make a 9 plot planet like this,
0X0
with the city in the middle and the space units would be able to move on land.
There was a planet though that would only take 6 plots though. I'll have to play KotOR II again because that's were I found the name of the planet. A careless miner fired a blaster which set something off that blew a huge chunk out of the planet creating an asteroid field and exposing the planet's core. That's for the other SWM I'm working on though. Not this one.

I though about the 23 plot planets some more and I might be able to do that. I still don't know if that would fit but it would give room for the Naboo and Gungans.

The city doesn't touch the ocean/space how do you build sea/space units

The city doesn't touch the ocean/space how do you build sea/space units
I could make the domain, DOMAIN_ALL. Or I may be able to set it so that it is a land unit and allow it passage on space. I'm not exactly sure, I'm sure I can do it but I haven't messed much with units lately.
How do we get ai to found cities in the middle of the planet though?

Maybe we need a python expert or some extremely skilled modder whose better then me

I like the idea of a limited time frame like this, much easier to do, but I worry the AI will not be able to handle Star Wars or the number of units could be astronomical.

Gungans, come on just stick naboo as a part of the Empire (Or who ever it was under the control of), in general make planets under control of a larger empire but, leave only the major, core, planets with shipyards and planets that have developed able to build large units (Because Kaut can build Star Destroyers and Tatooine can't)

I agree with that Jawa, do you know how we could do it?

In a short term mod like this I think only certain planets can build certain units, some plants build a lot, some build a few, some do nothing. The limited production of ships would reduce and number of units (speeding up the game) and it would simulate the fact the rebels and the late imperials (like under Thrawn) did not have very many ships; the rebels were using old imperial ships and the empire was using there old ones and stolen rebel ones.

The thing to remember is that most planets do not do much, they are under more control they are "planets" and are under control of the rulers of the planet, you the player and the supreme commander of your galactic army, not the ruler of a planet!

Top Bottom