The game doesn't remember map settings?

Ceterius

Warlord
I'd like the game to show as default the leader, difficulty, map size and other settings which I selected the last time. How to make Civ5 remember them?

You can make it remember by doing a normal start game (not advanced setup) so at least leader, mapsize, map size and difficult level is remembered when you enter the advanced game setup next time

I'd like the game to show as default the leader, difficulty, map size and other settings which I selected the last time. How to make Civ5 remember them?

There's a trick to do it: go to advanced setup and change the map, for example. I usually choose "Continent Plus". Then, instead of clicking Continue, go back. You are again in the normal (not advanced) setup screen and the map you selected in the "advanced setup" remains!.

Start the game now from the normal setup. If you've selected "Continent Plus", for example, it's stored somehow and you don't have to change it for your next game.

This workaround works for me, at least for the basic options, like map type.

I'd also like to see the "redraw map" option (or whatever it's called) to just restart the game with a new map if for some reason you don't want to use the one generated.

There's a trick to do it: go to advanced setup and change the map, for example. I usually choose "Continent Plus". Then, instead of clicking Continue, go back. You are again in the normal (not advanced) setup screen and the map you selected in the "advanced setup" remains!.

Start the game now from the normal setup. If you've selected "Continent Plus", for example, it's stored somehow and you don't have to change it for your next game.

This works for the settings on the basic screen. But it won't make the game remember your other settings, like the number of civs, number of city states and anything you ticked in the advanced options.

It is utterly ridiculous that this was missing in the first place. That they have not patched it is mind boggling.

It was nice in Civ 4 to have the "regenerate map" option at the beginning. I keep hoping for it to be patched in, but I am not holding my breath.

It was nice in Civ 4 to have the "regenerate map" option at the beginning. I keep hoping for it to be patched in, but I am not holding my breath.

:agree:

Also, a small change that I would like so much: make Civ 5 remember the last selected "sort savegames by Name / Date". I like to sort them by Date, but the default is to sort them by Name.

Anyway, I'm very happy Firaxis added "sorting by Date" in the latest patches. It was a very nice addition :goodjob:

And yes, this is one of the most basic, obvious features that any game should have. Welcome to Civ V.

What I wouldn't give for a "like" button on posts right now.

Anyway, I'm very happy Firaxis added "sorting by Date" in the latest patches. It was a very nice addition :goodjob:

Agreed with that too.

Pep is right, that's how I do it, because that annoys me as well hehe. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom