Resource icon

The Great Lost Civilizations v1.0 - available ! 1.0

well, I have really enjoyed your mod.
And i salute you with this new version :p
all hail our leader!!!!!
:D

THNX for the great mod

I know this is a grave dig, but does anybody have the mod they could UL to CFC? The links do not work anymore and I used to have it on my old computer and would like to play it again.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Actually, it's still a good mod. I found that I had it on my hard drive; however, IMHO, it suffers from dating due to the old leaderheads it uses from the early days of leaderhead creation (amongst some other older graphics).

I would like to (with LBPB's permission) bring it up to date with my latest Anno Domini leaderheads and artwork, then upload it to the forum. Perhaps even add a feature or two?

R8XFT, if you do get permission, please leave the Egyptian Pharaoh and the cities as is. Or include a link with the first version to.:)

Cheers, Thorgrimm

R8XFT, if you do get permission, please leave the Egyptian Pharaoh and the cities as is. Or include a link with the first version too.:)
Cheers, Thorgrimm

Actually, I've already deleted him on my version and swapped him for my new version of Ramesses II. However, if it's the old Pharaoh you're after, you can download him and the other Piernik creations here.

Hopefully, LBPB will post here soon ;) .

If you get a chance could you paste some pedia entries to complete all the blanks. I seem to remember that being the only reason I stored it away instead of putting it on display (Civ Content Trophy shelf)

I had many mods with 100% Pedia to choose from at the time also, I like to learn new things when playing a mod that has new things added. In otherwords, " I wanna read books an get smart!!" *My not to smart cousin*

Anyway, Thats if you get around to a final coat of polish. I just thought to bring it up while its getting attended to. Thanks, ether way I'll still play.

I would do that, but I don't want to spend long doing it. The intention was to give it a quick polish before uploading it. However, I won't do anything unless LBPB gives me the go-ahead; after all, were it my creation, I wouldn't appreciate it being done unless I okayed it.

What I would be more likely to do is add a sprinkling of new buildings to it. My only criticism of the mod is that there are a lot of techs to discover with little reward; either the tech reveals a resource that affects one or two civs or it allows a specific civ to build a unit - so the other civs are researching only to get to the next branch of the tech tree (and there's the possibility that the next branch is a tech with nothing for the particular civ you're playing). I prefer something concrete in every tech to make it worth researching.

Oh well, I know, Thats a heck of thing to ask when someone is going out of there way like this..... I do take kindly to the golden touch being applied here. Mybe I should do my part instead of complaining. Except, then Id still lack the motivation to play though, having known all the fun facts already :(

Im sure there will come a time when Ive run out of mods with complete pedias and come to see they were overrated but till then Im going to enjoy whats on my plate. Ive got a full serving of pedia proven winners to digest!. Funny My pride right now is the very rare n exclusive Anno 1st edition! :trophy2:

I all !

No I'm not dead ;)

...But my old website is :(

Actually, it's still a good mod. I found that I had it on my hard drive; however, IMHO, it suffers from dating due to the old leaderheads it uses from the early days of leaderhead creation (amongst some other older graphics).

I would like to (with LBPB's permission) bring it up to date with my latest Anno Domini leaderheads and artwork, then upload it to the forum. Perhaps even add a feature or two?

Yeah feel free to update it, but please use the last version (1.1) for this.
If you need it, I can reupload somewhere the full 1.1 version of GLC.

I'm glad this mod is still played :goodjob:

I all !

No I'm not dead ;)

Thanks for letting me update it. Perhaps you could re-upload the full version of 1.1 GLC; that way, it will fulfill Thorgrimm's request and allow me some time to do the update. I might then use it as a premise for a scenario based on the Anno Domini ruleset.

I all !

No I'm not dead ;)

LBPB, if you check out my War of the Worlds mod in the completed mods forum you will see I have a good website. If you need someone to host your mod, I will be more than happy to set up a forum for it. :)

If not, could you UL it to CFC's site? I know others may want an updated version, but I am quite satisfied with the version already done.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

I know others may want an updated version, but I am quite satisfied with the version already done.
The original was very good; I asked LBPB to upload that because some people will want this version and because it's your birthday ;) .

My own version already has the altered leaderheads. On reflection, I guess people can do that if for themselves if they wish - there's loads to download on this site. Maybe if LBPB uploads the original and people start to comment in the thread, I'll change some parts to suit what people want, otherwise, I'll use the premise - and the various civs - to be part of an Anno Domini expansion.

LBPB, if you check out my War of the Worlds mod in the completed mods forum you will see I have a good website. If you need someone to host your mod, I will be more than happy to set up a forum for it. :)

If not, could you UL it to CFC's site? I know others may want an updated version, but I am quite satisfied with the version already done.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Thanks Thorgrimm !

It will be easyer for me if I could just upload the mod on your server :)

Could you PM me various informations I need for uploading it ?

Thanks Thorgrimm !

It will be easyer for me if I could just upload the mod on your server :)

Could you PM me various informations I need for uploading it ?

PM sent.:)

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Forum completed and mod available for Download. :)

R8XFT, if you do update it and wish for me to host that version to just shout out.

Mod location;

Great Lost Civilizations civ 3 mod

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Top Bottom