Ah, I'd forgotten about 'tribe'; that'll work. :)

Given @LEADERS2 and @INITIAL_SETTINGS are configured by individual civ, there's presumably some way to check them discretely, but I don't know if that's recognized in Lua yet.

Given @LEADERS2 and @INITIAL_SETTINGS are configured by individual civ, there's presumably some way to check them discretely, but I don't know if that's recognized in Lua yet.
The settings in LEADERS2 can be changed with Lua, but I don't know of a way to check what they currently are.

enableTechGroup
civ.enableTechGroup(tribe, techgroup, value) -> void

Sets the value of tech group `techgroup` (0-7) to value `value` (0-2, 0 = can research, can own, 1 = can't research, can own, 2 = can't research, can't own) for tribe `tribe`.

I don't know anything about the INITIAL_SETTINGS section or how it works. All I can say is that I wrote a "readRules" module which will parses the rules.txt file in the current scenario directory, and provides the results in a table, if you need to reference them. (You could also do that for LEADERS2 as well.)

All I can say is that I wrote a "readRules" module which will parses the rules.txt file in the current scenario directory, and provides the results in a table, if you need to reference them. (You could also do that for LEADERS2 as well.)
I guess that would be the path for @Thorvald of Lym then, with 2 unused techgroups ?

The settings in LEADERS2 can be changed with Lua, but I don't know of a way to check what they currently are.
I don't know anything about the INITIAL_SETTINGS section or how it works.
Aye, the mechanics of tech permissions I knew, though I'm trying to figure out how to call it in Lua for every civ at once—I tried using 'iterateTribes' and for-loops but so far no luck. I'll post a thread with the script thus far as I need input on a few other functions.

@INITIAL_SETTINGS configures the starting spawns in randomly-generated maps, specifying which map layer and the first and second unit (though it's not clear to me the second unit setting actually works). The default 0,0,0 is your normal one- and possibly two-settler start; for Extended Original, the Centauran tribes are 1,0,51 (so they spawn on Centaurus rather than Earth).

It may be that a function to read individual civilization definitions doesn't currently exist, in which case we'll have to wait on a future patch to TOTPP itself.

@INITIAL_SETTINGS configures the starting spawns in randomly-generated maps, specifying which map layer and the first and second unit (though it's not clear to me the second unit setting actually works). The default 0,0,0 is your normal one- and possibly two-settler start; for Extended Original, the Centauran tribes are 1,0,51 (so they spawn on Centaurus rather than Earth).

It may be that a function to read individual civilization definitions doesn't currently exist, in which case we'll have to wait on a future patch to TOTPP itself.
Thanks for the explanation. Since this doesn't change during the game, I'm not sure why you couldn't just write a table with this information (or use readRules, which I can offer help with if you need it). Are you expecting changed rules.txt files?

Thanks for the explanation. Since this doesn't change during the game, I'm not sure why you couldn't just write a table with this information (or use readRules, which I can offer help with if you need it). Are you expecting changed rules.txt files?
I was just submitting these sections as an example of the game configuring settings to specific civilizations by their internally-referenced ID, rather than general colour group or string name. Apparently we don't have a Lua function that specific, but what if..?

Top Bottom