The Great Militarist Stupidity Ever

Populist Hero

Chieftain
Porto Alegre, the capital of the nicest, political
I started as the leader of the Brazilians (I changed the name of the Russian).

The time passed, I made some cities, my civilization was small, the cities were big, and very rich. I was surrounded by sea in north and west, by the French in east, Persia in south and south-west. There were 7 civilizations in the world.

My technology was a little bit ahead of French, almost equal to the Persian, ond the rest of the world was far behind me.

The Persian Empire was large, but the cities were poor, and there was a large distance between them.

The world was living in the modern ages. The Musketeers were all around, some republics were just born. I was very advanced and formed a democracy.

This world was the best of all the worlds...

Civil disorder took place in a small town of my democracy.

Then...

For some unexpected reason, I did not solved the problem.
I left democracy fall, and putted in place a Monarchy. Just as it was happening, I started to attack the Persians and the French.

I advanced over the French in a straight line, taking the capital, some cities, and my troops arrived at the beach. I left a boat waiting there. And then, just as the surviving troops got into the ship, I went through the sea, and started to attack civilizations of the other continent. Took 3 cities in the beach, the one large city, then advanced north, then west, and then, after some battles, my last unit died.

The French cities out of the straight line have stayed untouched.

In the Perisan front, I attacked a bunch of cities in the country line, took almost half of the empire, and started to attack the capital. There, i lived the Battle of Stalingrad. I lost the most of my army. But did not lost the war.

I have moved the defensive troops out of cities and started to attack to all the sides! French, persian, all of them have been attacked by musketeers, and some catapults, legions, that were there, lazy. I haven't left one unit in my country.

I advanced some more, produced new armies, and restarted attacking, more and more.

And then, my advance over Persia stopped. Good news: French were wiped out of the map.

But my country was tired. Civil war took over all the cities (almost all).

Persia was exhausted. I was exhausted. Persians advanced with two units, which I killed easily.

At the same time, the cities I took in the other continent were took by the old owners.

Some turns later, ships have arrived at my beach.

I had one persian unit, taking one of my cities in the south, barbarians have landed in the west, and the Indians landed in the east.

I have moved all my five units into the capital, in an attemp to defend it to the end. When the enemies advanced, I lost most of my cities.

In the end, made peace. I have a country that is 70% of the original size, but is richer (it recovered from war). My capital was lost, I bouilded a new one, but then, some turns later, took back the old one and builded a palace there. Honor question.

What does it all teaches?

Nothing, but it was pretty curious, interesting and somewhat absurd. Good story, isn't it?

When I won the game for the 1000 time, I started to do things like that as a way to have fun.

I promess to send more stories some day.

Until then, good bye.

Fábio Burch Salvador - From Brazil

Thats pretty crazy man, your contry seemd more like a cancerous blob than a nation :goodjob: . How well did the nations on the other continents recover after they took back their cities, and also, how powerful as persia after the war?

I must say you have a way with words, and it was fun to read your account of your nation! Looking forward to your next exploits :).

You did okay, but you broke every military principle going. Concentrate all forces on one theatre, never start a war in a second continent untill you've secured the first, leave a defensive reserve which is not committed to the offensive... You might beat an AI doing that but if you were against a human you might pay dearly for such adventurism?

Nice for a 1st post! :goodjob:

Top Bottom