[Civ2] My first ever Let's Play

Abok

Chieftain
Hello, CivFanatics!

This is my first post on this forum, so I'd like to introduce myself.
My name is Robert and I'm from Poland. I'm 36 years old and I love watching let's plays of Civilization games. For a while now I've been wanting to record a let's play of my own, as I enjoy talking to myself while playing Civ games anyway. I've never done anything like that before, so my videos are probably going to be rough. But I'm learning the ropes, trying to familiarize myself with using OBS as well as running a YouTube channel. I'm excited to be doing this and I hope I'll get some feedback from you on how I can improve my videos. Keep in mind, I'm not a skilled Civ player, I like to play for fun and focus on having a good time. I'd like to improve my game and challenge myself a bit, I won't play on Deity or anything like that.
In preparation for the upcoming release of Civ7, I decided to go (almost) all the way back and start with my childhood game - Civilization II (Civ1 is a little bit to ancient for me). I'm planning to play a couple of campaigns of Civ2, then move to:
- Alpha Centauri,
- Civ3,
- Civ4,
- Civ5,
- Beyond Earth
- Civ6.
This is going to be a long project and I hope that by the time I get to Civ6, we'll know the release date of Civ7 :)

I'll try to keep a schedule and release one 20-minute video every day.

Here's my first video. Enjoy!

Interresting.

Will you explore civ2ToT and ToTpp too ?
Guess that could proove never-ending with avaible scenarii ?

Welcome! Nice to see another person creating Civ2 video content! :)
Thank you! I hope I'll get better at making YouTube videos and at... playing the game. No spoilers, but you'll see what I mean in Part 04 :crazyeye:

Interresting.

Will you explore civ2ToT and ToTpp too ?
Guess that could proove never-ending with avaible scenarii ?
Thank you :) I never though about Test of Time. To be honest, I have never even seen the game in action. I think I'll skip it for now.

In order not to spam this forum with daily posts of new videos, I'll just put a playlist link for anyone interested in watching the series:

Spoilers regarding Part 04

This marks the end of the Polish civilization. I think it was the result of terrible decisions and unfortunate circumstances. Montezuma really trolled me with that warrior in the north, when it turned out that his cities were probably somewhere to the southeast. I rushed for the wonder way too early, and the Colossus wouldn't have been worth it anyway, now that I think about it. I'm starting a new campaign and this time I hope I'll do much better.

Full playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLm-bGpfOCLd9PCYI-IVqpfALJLzddX9cm

I think my game is going to be slightly better now. I know I'm playing on a very easy difficulty, but still, the fear of being judged by strangers online is real :crazyeye: I talk about the most basic mechanics of the game, but that's my way of learning how to get better at it and not to make any stupid mistakes. Some people complete their campaigns in 15-20 videos - mine will probably take more than twice as much.
Anyway, over the course of the past few days, I actually went back and played Civ1 all the way through... twice. I always thought Civ1 was an ancient game that most people should ignore and start their journey with Civ2 (like Street Fighter). Boy, was I wrong. When I started playing my first game, I played the entire campaign in one sitting... 10 hours straight :lol: Over the course of the next two days I completed my second campaign. I was shocked to discover how similar Civ1 is to Civ2, mechanics-wise. The game is amazing and in the future I will definitely try to do a Let's Play of it as well.

After a couple of days of break I was finally able to record a few more episodes, here's Part 11:

Full playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLm-bGpfOCLd9PCYI-IVqpfALJLzddX9cm

I was shocked to discover how similar Civ1 is to Civ2, mechanics-wise. The game is amazing and in the future I will definitely try to do a Let's Play of it as well.
Yeah I still go back and play a bit of Civ1 every now and then. Interesting to hear that you enjoyed it despite presumably not playing it before and trying after Civ2. If you do make videos about that then feel free to drop by our Civ1 forums and post about them there:

Top Bottom