The Last Days

abculatter2

Warlord
Brenner and the few other survivors of the Infernal attack walked through the gates of Os'Gabelle, barely muffling wails of sadness and despair and vainly holding back tears. I've failed you, father... he thought as tears welled in his eyes at the memory of his family's slaughter, mother... he collapsed on the street, head in his hands, and openly weeped. Martha, a woman whom he had learned on the trip had lost her husband and two children, put her hand on his sholder, but said nothing. After a few minutes, Brenner began to regain control of himself. "My father..." he said between sobs. "Shhhh..." Martha said, "it'll be alright..." He mopped up his tears and said, "Your right... I shouldn't weep like this..." After he got up, he asked, "What do I do now? I have no one to go to... no property in my name..."
"My sister is a local herbalist, you are welcome to come stay with us."
Brenner didn't want to mooch off a stranger, but he saw no other solution,
"I will repay you for your kindness, I swear it."
An encouraging smile spread across Martha's face, though the red rings and bags around her eyes betrayed her sadness, then she looked ahead of them toward the center of the city.
"it's beautiful, isn't it?"
He followed her gaze to a huge golden portal, glowing a brilliant blue with two large golden angel statues trumpeting in front of it, sitting in the middle of the city.
"What is it?"
"Have you ever heard the of Basium?"
He had heard stories of the fallen angel and his followers several times.
"Yes, what about him?"
"Supposedly, that gate will bring him and the other angels to aid us against the Infernals."
It sounded too far-fetched for Brenner, something someone would do out of desperation, but then, he thought demons didn't exist before the infernals arrived. After a moment of admiration, Martha said, "Well, best we get going, don't want to be out after dark, now do we?"

to be continued...

Evils civs can build the Mercurian Gate, but not if they have The Ashen Veil State Religion.

Is it possible for Hyborem to build Mecurian Gate if he is not ashen vale?

I believe it is. Plus, Basium will not automatically declare war on a non-AV Hyborem.

Of course, Hyborem is very heavily weighted towards adopting AV (not that he even needs the weighting, since the religion is automatically spread in every city) and cannot adopt any other religion. The AI would never be in a circumstance where it could build the gate, but a human who sticks with no state religion can.

Top Bottom