• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Last Rising Tide Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't someone replied on one of the devs about that idea and they congratulated the idea and suggested him to mod it?

That's different from saying 'no, we will not make a sponsor based on artifacts". It's closer to a No than to a Yes, of course, but it isn't a clear denial. They are not allowed to give details anyway, so if they are really making an artifact sponsor in the end, it's not that they would say 'oh, well, you got me'. The protocol is to just evade the questions and change the subject.

I swear during the Brasilia/FI livestream the whoever mans the "Firaxisgames" Twitch account said "the 4th sponsor doesn't have an artifact bonus. Unless I'm crazy, which is very much a possibility.

I think it might be Japan, though considering the trend of sponsors mostly being multi-ethnic supernations, can't be for sure since it's confirmed Korea is part of PAC.

Given they have tended to release them once a month, we might be finding out the last sponsor soon

Given they have tended to release them once a month, we might be finding out the last sponsor soon

Especially considering how we only have one month to go before the official release. ;)

My current bet is next week. They already said what they're doing in this week's livestream, and I'm not sure they would do two things at a time.

They've still got a few more livestreams before launch. They will probably want to space out the information.

It sounds like the next several Livestreams will be dedicated to one playthrough, so I doubt they will demonstrate a new sponsor except perhaps briefly.

I suspect it will be announced via whatever game journalists came to the megapanel.

I have a feeling that the last sponsor will be revealed in the PAX megapanel video, which currently probably has an embargo on it.

It looks like only 2 of them (out of 19) are Korean: #10 Sinjeon and #19 Hyugeso. 9 are Chinese, 5 are Vietnamese, and 3 are Mongolian. So, there's even more representation of Mongolia than there is of Korea, and we never hear about that one.

It looks like Sinjeon is definitely more South Korean when plugging it into Google Maps. Though it all is "Sinjeong" there. Does sinjeon mean temple/shrine in North Korea as well?

I'm not sure about Hyugeso, though. Supposedly, it means "Resting Place" in Korean.

Since these are just words and not actual cities, and if the North and South Korean languages are similar, these are probably pretty flexible and can just be viewed as North Korean if the South is forced to join with Japan to form a faction.

Also, ultimately, Firaxis can easily just rename those two cities to whatever they want.

EDIT: source

Since these are just words and not actual cities, and if the North and South Korean languages are similar, these are probably pretty flexible and can just be viewed as North Korean if the South is forced to join with Japan to form a faction.

If they that's the case, I hope the leader has a Korean name.

The Japanese rage will be hilarious.

Can we just drop the Japan-Korea idea. Just because it sounds cool to you guys, doesn't mean it makes sense. Yes, they are next to each other. Yes they are both in east Asia, it still doesn't mean they magically match. The culture of those two countries is very different.

How about we come up with something creative instead. For example, Greece and Italy could join forces.

Though it all is "Sinjeong" there. Does sinjeon mean temple/shrine in North Korea as well?
It's also connected to the Korean new year

and if the North and South Korean languages are similar, these are probably pretty flexible and can just be viewed as North Korean if the South is forced to join with Japan to form a faction.
There's no South and North Korean, both just use Korean. The reason more South Korean stuff pops up is probably just: South Korea has much closer ties to the west (and the internet) than North Korea.

Ultimately, I think there are plenty of scenarios that could result in a non-unified Korea, especially if NK is backed by the PAC (or absorbed). Is an alliance between Japan and Korea something either country would like? Perhaps not - but alliances are often the result of external pressures, especially if there's the PAC knocking on their door, whether politically, militarily or economically.

Can we just drop the Japan-Korea idea. Just because it sounds cool to you guys, doesn't mean it makes sense. Yes, they are next to each other. Yes they are both in east Asia, it still doesn't mean they magically match. The culture of those two countries is very different.

How about we come up with something creative instead. For example, Greece and Italy could join forces.

No idea should be dropped. If the basis of the Japan-Korea idea is inconsistent, its counterarguments are also inconsistent. China and Vietnam, India and Pakistan, Russian and Poland, Brazil and the hispanic south american countries, and all African countries are as diferent and opposite to each other as Japan and Korea. Yet they're in the game together.

But we've gone throught this over and over, let's not do it again.

I'm hoping not only for creativity but also for diversity, given that half of the new factions and 1/3 of all factions are european. Give us more Asia, more America, more Africa! If not in the form of a territorial faction, than at least in its leaders, ideologies and objectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom