The Madviking 50 State Maps Library

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. Nice work. :goodjob:

My only comment is that screenshots would be nice. They only take a couple of seconds to get, but they add so much to the thread. :) Plus, it's been proven time and time again that people are much more inclined to download stuff if they can see a preview of what it's basically going to look like. ;) (I know that everyone - or at least, every American ;) - would know what the states roughly look like anyway, but it's good to see previews anyway to see the quality/dedication that's gone into creating Civ3 interpretations of the maps.)

Whatever the reason, having screenshots can only be beneficial to you - and if you've put in the hours of slog on making the maps, surely spending a few seconds in promoting them to the public audience is definitely worth it...? :D

We really need a Texas map.

"Don't mess with Texas." :p

Can you make an Alaskan map?

Alaska would be good because it is so rich in oil,....or was that coal. I just know its rich in something.

Oh yeah ice!:lol:

By the way, to the creator of this post. I don't care if your a democrat or republican, conservatist or liberal. It is not your place to question the president. IT is your place to not reelect him at best.

Nothing makes me more angry than people turning on the president they elected cause he failed to stop border incursions. HE'S NOT THE FIRST ONE TO MAKE THAT MISTAKE.

Our president has fought those Alqueda who bombed us and pushed Iraq to the first step of A free Iraq. And that's not including the stuff they don't put on TV like the fight against the Colombian Rebels and helpin the Government to reestablish control.

If your looking for a typical "mircowave" quick solution to the border problem than we're gonna have to sacrifice all the good American values and start shootin and killin.

Now to set politics aside for a second or two. NIce maps. I'm about to try the Hawaii ones because as I have expressed on previous threads I love Island maps.

You must make a map of Texas, Texas is very diverse.

I have tried to make a map of Texas and it is quite difficult due to the large number of rivers and tributires in Texas, since I am from Texas I want to ensure that the map is quite accurant, even including some large creeks. Also you may want to change this threads name since it doesn't contain all fifty states.

that wouldnt' make sense to change it.
It will.

EDIT: oh, pretty good so far. Just....have previews, please?

I tried the Hawaii map since my last post. I thought it was pretty good. I one on regent dificulty form every postion throught domination (the enemy always had either 2 or 1 city left) except from the top postition.

I thought it was easiest from the bottom cause I got all 4 of those great islands and it was a growth spike.

From the top positon the Maya inhabited the Island to the south and while I was wallowing in the Ancient age they were in the Modern age! It was kind of sad but I decided to die as a soldier rather than flee like a cowered.

Need less to say, I was crushed. I figured there was no point in continuing cause eventually their eyes would lust for our resources so I didn't except their peace offers.

Anyway, judging by the value of the first map I am going to try another one. (edit)Rhode Island it is!

Good Maps!

Ooh, how cool!

I'm not a very skilled map maker (probably because I'm very impatient and make them in 5 minutes xD) but, I will try to make an Arkansas map. :)

Could you do Minnesota next? There are a lot of lakes and rivers in minn. I think it will be cool. thanks.

"You can run with the big dogs, you can fly with the eagles. You can jump through all the hoops and climb your ladder to the top. But when it all comes down, it all comes down to the walk.":king:

Don't get your hopes up. This thread's been dead for over a year. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom