The map-creating gods are so wonderful!

Kuningas said:
I lose my #1 spot after two months :cry:

#2 is good though.

That wasn't intentional. Over four months ago (on February 16 to be exact), during one of those test run on MapFinder, I came across the 4562 domination limit with a cow and river at the start...To make the long story short, it's all over now after four long months. I just launched my space ship about 20 minutes ago. Here is a sneak preview of that final moment of joy:

Attachments

• 4562_SpaceLaunch.jpg
    4562_SpaceLaunch.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 637
The final score:

Attachments

• 4562_FinalScore.jpg
    4562_FinalScore.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 516
Gyathaar said:
Grats.. I have a feeling that that score wont be beaten before civ4 comes out :)
For the sake of an exciting Hall of Fame, I kind of hope you're wrong.

Then again, remembering this morning when I logged into the HOF, checked the overnight submissions, saw Moonsinger's game and nearly choked to death on my breakfast, I kind of hope you're right.

Of course I might have handled it better if I'd had my first smoke of the day before conducting business. :lol:

superslug said:
For the sake of an exciting Hall of Fame, I kind of hope you're wrong.

Then again, remembering this morning when I logged into the HOF, checked the overnight submissions, saw Moonsinger's game and nearly choked to death on my breakfast, I kind of hope you're right.

Of course I might have handled it better if I'd had my first smoke of the day before conducting business. :lol:
Well, I could start a game today and submit it later today with I guess more than 100k points if I used a certain exploit.. but that game would have to be thrown away :)

Gyathaar said:
Well, I could start a game today and submit it later today with I guess more than 100k points if I used a certain exploit.. but that game would have to be thrown away :)
Thanks, but no thanks.

By the way Moonsinger, looking at the last graph, it is clear that your big point margin was due MOSTLY to a very quick domination, than just a high dom limit. So congratulations to you for improving the techniques yet again.

LulThyme said:
By the way Moonsinger, looking at the last graph, it is clear that your big point margin was due MOSTLY to a very quick domination, than just a high dom limit. So congratulations to you for improving the techniques yet again.

I think you are right about that. Here is the territory in compare to Kuningas and my old game (see attach image). That would explain why I was way behide in score until around 650 AD.

Overall, this was a very difficult map to play because the my Mayan was without horse and iron. The only reason I continue to play was becuase the Persian right next door had the Pyramid. Like me, they also didn't have any horse nor iron. The Korean was the most advance civ in my game; the German was second. Since Korea didn't know German, it was very profitable to trade between those two. I also supplied them with Ivories for their Status of Zeus. Later on (around 400BC, IIRC), Germany (the only civ in the game with an extra horse) called me up and offer me their horses for a couple hundreds gold (less 400 gold, IIRC). Up until that point, I didn't even think I could win. A few hundred years before 10AD, I imported iron from Babylon (btw, Babylon was the weakest because they was all alone in their little island and were unable to get off their island until I gave them Map Making). With both iron and horse, I had no problem in taking the Pyramid from Persia. Without horse and iron, they have no knight nor immortal nor pikeman. Their spears and archers was really no match for my knights. On top of that, both Greece and Germans were also wanting a piece of Persia too. That was really the turning point of my game.

Anyway, I just want to say...don't give up you guys. A 90K game is possible. Since we now know that maps with domination of 4600 or greater does exist (as I have posted at the beginning of this thread). If you can find any map with domination limit of 4550 or bigger, you would have a shot for 90K score. I did have a chance to score 90K on this one, but I messed up. I will take a few month off before I continue that 4621 map to see if I can beat this one.

Attachments

• 4562_territory_gain.gif
    4562_territory_gain.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 450
No, none of the victory conditions get a score bonus unless you finish before 2050ad, and then it's the same for all.

I think the game was played to 2050AD!.........You don't get to do anything in the 2050AD year. :)

Congratulations Moonsinger......Great Score! :goodjob: :goodjob:

Own said:
How did you beat Sid so easily so you could concentrate on score? I have been traumatized :twitch: .

It wasn't easy at all! I had been traumatized over this game for many months. It took me over 4 months and over 200 hours through many sleepless nights in the attempt. The milking itself took less than 50 hours, but beating Sid required at least a hundred hours of game time and another 500 hours dreaming about it. I do mean 500 hours or more of planning for the next moves (sometimes, I did it in my sleeps). There were many nights I lay in bed thinking about what I should do next. Should I invade Persia or Greece? Should I wait for cavalry or should I launch my horseman? Should I spend all my gold to arm my knights or should I save it for future trading opportunity? There were a lot of questions and usually not enough answers! Even after I had made a decision to invade Persia before Greece, more questions needed to be answered after that. Should I invite the Greece to join my quest for Persia or should I not? Can they be trusted? While most of my troops are away from home, they could easily storm my palace with ease! What should I do to prevent that from happenning? A lot of questions need to be answered before I even actually play the game. Sometimes, I debated with myself for weeks about my next move. Looking back, I really don't know how I was able to do all that. May be it was just pure luck that the Greece didn't storm my castle or the Persian without Immortal nor they have anything better than spears and arrows.

@Moonsinger: Excellent game. :worship:

Your post describes what I am going through now in attempting to win GotM 43. So much debateable points on what is the best way to go and the way it cuts in to real life (and losing touch with) is profound. You should probably force yourself to not play civ for a week (or two...or three) and tell us how that is.

The Hall of Fame will see a higher score. ;)

Own said:
Moonsinger- By "easily" I meant being able to beat the Sid AI quick enough to start milking. I'm sure that wasn't easy at all.

It really wasn't that fast.;) If you replay my game (with CRpViewer), you probably notice that I was at war until around 1200 AD. That was about 400 years longer than Kuningas's 81K game.

superslug said:
The Hall of Fame will see a higher score. ;)

Are you implying that someone has just submitted a higher score already?

Top Bottom