The most beautiful Great Wall

Magean

Prince
I was about to stop playing a failed game where I had lame science and terrible development. Since I wanted to see the map before quitting, I made a ctrl+z and saw this :

[/URL][/IMG]

A perfectly hexagonal Ethiopian Great Wall, with the capital at the centre and the other cities, all on the edge but inside the wall, drawing a nice pentagon. Just... wow.

It is truly beautiful! :)

Was Abyssinia a human player or an AI? And if human, was this city arrangement intentional?

No, it's an AI.

There's two options : either he built the GW with maxed capital borders and no other city (for the hexagon) ; either the GW has been somehow redesigned around capital borders at loading the save, which is more likely I think.

Still, the pentagonal city placement is a thing.

Ethiopia wants to be isolated from the rest of the world it seems. Is it the next Hermit Kingdom?

The Great Wall and UA 's Ethiopia it's definately a giant fortress, it's also pretty. he seems to be advanced in :c5science: as well, just look at the Mehal Sefari! It's a game on Deity?

It's Immortal. And Ethiopia isn't the tech lead. It's Persia. Though Selassie may have beelined Rifle. I know, my science sucks. As everything else. That's why I quitted ; failed experiment. But before, I wanted to see the map.

Now I'm wondering... maybe this sort of city placement is Ethiopia specific ? Because it really gives the best use of Mehal Sefaris' bonus.

Well, we all knew the AI used some kind of algorithm for city placement, but I never expected something this exact...

Well in fact it's a good thing for Ethiopia, I mean, Japan, Aztec and Songhai are on the same continent so he will be safe against those warmongers, especially Japan as a neighbour.

I love it when you get a one tile Great Barricade :D

Yeah the 5 tile rule has always annoyed me; it would be much better if it covered any of your land connected tot eh city that built it no matter how far it reached, and then stayed in the same place as your borders expand past it.

That reminds me... Is there a mod that either 1. Removes GW altogether or 2. Makes it graphically stable and only along your land borders?

Hate how it looks, hate it circling you, hate it changing place, hate it altogether...

I've never managed to build the Great Wall, does it really change shape/position after reloading/doing something else?

Ha that's funny picture xD Thank u for sharing it with us.

Once I had a Great Wall, but it looked like a phallus because so did my borders.

So I captured London with an army of gifted Keshik (bwahahahaha!) and it appears to have built a Pac-Man Ghost:

Top Bottom