• No

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Abstain

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Goonie

Lonely End of the Rink
The Northern States Alliance

This accord shall come into effect in the event that war should break out between Fanatikou and the Gamecatcher Alliance. It is agreed upon that the Gamecathcers Alliance refusal to vacate Fanatikese lands is an act of war.

Purpose

The Gamecathcer Alliance has continually sent troops into Fanatikese lands illegally. It now appears as if they wish to take a Fanatikese city with their refusal to vacate our lands. The nations of Elucidia, Apolyton and Fanatikou hereby agree that any act of agression by the Gamecathcer Alliance upon any of the afor mentioned nations shall be met with the severest of response from Elucidia, Apolyton and Fanatikou.

Clauses

The Apolyton, Elucidia issue

By adhering to The Northern States Alliance the nations of Apolyton and Elucidia agree to a Non-Agression pact and a Rights of Passage only for the purpose of sending military units to aid in battle against the Gamecatcherite forces. The Non-Agression pact and Rights of Passage shall last for 15 turns after the end of the war. This ensures that Apolyton has the ability to aid in the war, but that Elucidia feels safe knowing that Apolyton is in their land soly for the purpose of aiding in the effort against the Gamecatcher Alliance.

Spolis of War

Apolytopn must give up cities captured to Fanatikou and Elucidia. These cities will not be useful to Apolyton. Elucidia and Fanatikou shall share all cities. However any cities Apolyton turns over with only one ressource or Luxury, must be traded to Apolyton for 30 turns after the turn over of the city. Also, if there are any cities that are captured with two luxuries, the second must go to Apolyton for 30 turns. If there are three luxuries, one must go to Apolyton for 30 turns, and the third must either go to Elucidia or Fanatikou for 30 turns.

War Planning

All war planning must be co-ordinated and conducted between all three nations.

Send it to them or not?

I say we sign this alliance. It has the neccesary clauses to ensure that Elucidia feels safe, but also that Apolyton has the ability to help us wage war.

I say no... It lacks certain necessary elements (like the fact that GCA's refusal to leave our territory is considered an act of aggression and/or declaration of war by Gamecatcher on the nation of Fanatikou and that the three members of the Alliance will not tolerate such aggressive behavior).

I also believe that we should not dictate the terms of the non-aggression pact between the two of them. It's none of our business and they should be able to come up with a better system that they both like.

Finally, I don't think we should be making plans to carve up GCA territory just yet. It may well be nice to do so, but it is inconsistent with what we would likely be able to accomplish in a reasonable period of time.

So what are we going to do here? And when are we going to do it?

I would rather see something like...

We, the nations of the Northern Alliance, come together with singular purpose to declare in one voice the following:
  1. That the failure by Gamecatcher to remove its forces from within the national borders of Fanatikou is nothing short of an act of war against Fanatikou.
  2. An act of war against one alliance nation shall be considered by all alliance nations as an act of war against all alliance nations.
  3. Such aggressive behavior is considered a threat to the very stability of our continent and shall not be tolerated in any manner.
We hereby resolve to work together towards the common goals of:
  1. Removing Gamecatcher forces from all alliance lands.
  2. Destroying the capacity of the Gamecatcher alliance to conduct an offensive campaign against any alliance nation.
  3. Eliminating the threat of such behavior by the Gamecatcher Alliance at any time in the future.
So say we all.

Signed,
FortyJ, President of Fanatikou

______, ________ of Elucidia

______, ________ of Apolyton

This seems to meet Goonie's requirements as well as yours, 40J. Can we get Goonie to sign off on it? If so, let's get it to our embassies, pronto.

40J,

I would revise the wording to make it non-specific as to country. Let the agreement show something like:

That the failure by Gamecatcher to remove its forces from within the national borders of a member country is nothing short of an act of war against that country.

An act of war against one alliance nation shall be considered by all alliance nations as an act of war against all alliance nations.

Such aggressive behavior is considered a threat to the very stability of our continent and shall not be tolerated in any manner.

Let's be blunt - this agreement is mostly for our benefit - to contain the agression of Gamecatcher. While everyone involved ought to realize this, let's not rub their noses in it - that's not too polite.

-- Ravensfire

Good enough ravensfire... I just don't know if anyone else is having the same problem as we are....

But, the change of wording does not diminish the message. I'm fine with it.

40J, I believe you did not read my proposal very well, for your first concern is dealt with directly in the first paragraph of the proposal.

We told Elucidia that we would include the NAP and ROP in the alliance we were writing up, and I do not feel like abandoning that. Also, I find that if we write it up, it will make the process more quick, and remove petty disputes between them. Also, having all the clauses in one document is more efficient.

As per you third argument, I must disagree again. I believe that if we set up the rules before hand, it will remove squabling over lands in the future. It is also an incentive to get Apolyton into the war, as they have a guarantee of luxuries and ressources. If we get these rules out of the way now, we don't need to fight about them later.

Well, we don't have anymore time to waste on niceities. I'm voting yes just to get something accomplished.

Goonie,

What might be the best way to handle it is with two agreements.

The first is the actual alliance. The second is an agreement between all three about how to handle a successful war. This agreement is seperate from the alliance, and is binding only for this war.

We need to get the NSA is place, and soon. I would suggest adding verbage to the alliance that all gains from a conflict are to be allocated according to an agreement specific to that conflict, negotiated at the time of the conflict.

-- Ravensfire

I prefer FortyJ's proposal, both in wording and grammatical correctness ^_^;

Edit: Oh, and I'm off on vacation for the next ten days... I know I'm not a very active conversationalist or politician around here, but if you're wondering why there's one less vote in the polls, that might be it. Have fun guys, and don't let GCA step all over us while I'm gone! :arrow:

Well, that does it. 10 votes. There were 10 votes in the last poll conducted. Let's get on it ladies and Gentlemen!

Whats grammatically incorrect about my proposal :confused: . I have been in french immersion my whole life ;).

Sorry, Goonie, detail can be good but not with another nations. Forty provided a basic alliance/ pact in his proposal. This is exactly what we need. Please don't take it the wrong way, I do admire your dedication.

I abstained, because I'm not against the plan, entirely. I am actually for a three sided pact.

Octavian, why post another poll when the majority support this one? :confused:. I am sending this off right now.

The poll was whether or not we should sign the alliance, not whether we thought it was the best alliance to offer to Elucidia and Apolyton, hence I have abstained.

Sorry Goonie, but I think FortyJ's proposal was worded in a way that it was more likely to be signed by our potential allies and encourage you not to send the alliance until we have more democratically decided on the wording.

I think most people understood that it was implied that if we signed it, we would send it to the other nations. 40J's proposal was great, unfortunately he did not write in the discussion period, and therefore, his proposal did not make it into this poll.

Originally posted by Goonie
40J's proposal was great, unfortunately he did not write in the discussion period, and therefore, his proposal did not make it into this poll.
I take serious issue with this statement Goonie.

I'd just as soon declare that you failed to provide adequate discussion on your proposal than to admit that I failed to post in said period. For a week, your proposed alliance document was incomplete (by your own admission), and within 1 minute of editing your first post with the new completed version of your document, you post the acceptance poll on the matter. That is hardly what I consider an adequate discussion period.

But no matter. The question is, have you sent it already? If so, then there's no point in quarelling about this for the moment. Let's wait and see if it gets signed. But, I want it known that I'm disappointed with the way you handled this matter.

Top Bottom