- The October Revolution Part 1 - Fall of the Tsars

Remember: If the pedia don't say it makes bad rep, it won't mean it didn't make! Afterall, the pedia is complete in V4.0 and just halfway (or less) complete in V3.0. :)

That Military Academy can be quite misleading too... :mischief:

I just hope that the use of chemical weapons do not incur a rep hit as with nukes!

I've not seen anything in the editor that suggests that either. It has the cruise missile flag, and those don't cause any rep hits. Only units with the ICBM flag seem to cause rep hits, and that's hardwired.

Besides, who cares about rep hits when you're the biggest, baddest, meanest boy on the block? :p

Remember: If the pedia don't say it makes bad rep, it won't mean it didn't make! Afterall, the pedia is complete in V4.0 and just halfway (or less) complete in V3.0. :)

That Military Academy can be quite misleading too... :mischief:

The 'pedia will be as complete as I can make it. ;) Lots of changes for v4, tho' (as Brucha undoubtedly knows).

Well, that's good then about the Clorine Gas Shell units, because I am going to be using them in large quantities in the invasion. I think that I have another ten shells stock-piled (and am building more!) with my reinforcements along with the initial nine shells with the 6th and 7th Armies. I plan on using them in each attack on the cities in French Indochina and Siam to hopefully lessen my losses. With a bombard of 20, they should be able to cause some serious damage!

The big problem I am facing is the destruction of the road and rail lines. Though it will greatly slow down the British movement, the same is for me also, especially after I begin to capture cities and can use roads and rails with the captured cities' borders. Having to move through enemy territory (mostly jungle tiles) with so many artillery is very slow going.

Well, that's good then about the Clorine Gas Shell units, because I am going to be using them in large quantities in the invasion. I think that I have another ten shells stock-piled (and am building more!) with my reinforcements along with the initial nine shells with the 6th and 7th Armies. I plan on using them in each attack on the cities in French Indochina and Siam to hopefully lessen my losses. With a bombard of 20, they should be able to cause some serious damage!

They come with lethal land bombardment, btw. :) Useful... if extremely slow moving.

Edit: Might be worth it to use sea transports to "leapfrog" through jungle, if it takes more than 3 turns to get to your next target.

Edit: Might be worth it to use sea transports to "leapfrog" through jungle, if it takes more than 3 turns to get to your next target.

I looked at this possibility, but to move via transports from Hue or Hong Kong round south Siam to Calcutta takes just as much time overland, if not longer, unfortunately. I can use French roads and rails as far west as Hanoi - it is then 3 tiles from there to the gap. By sea from Hong Kong or even Hue, its around 40 sea tiles.

Speaking of the Americans, they are quite simply steamrolling over North America. They have captured almost all of Canada except for two isolated cities and have conquered all of Central America as well. I fear that, even if I succeed in re-taking Siam and French Indochina (and possibly parts of India), I will be faced with a greatly strengthened USA. With so much going on right on my own borders, action against the Americans is not possible right now. The Cold War between American and the beloved homeland might come much sooner than in history!

Funny how history repeats itself! :lol:

If you give them space and time, America is simply one heck of a juggernaught, just like in real history. There's really no way they can be stopped with the sheer number of cities they have.

Any of the European Civs could do the same thing (I.E., if Germany took over France and the rest of Europe, etc). All you need is cities mass-producing good units, and you roll over anything.

The game just might end up in a stand-off with the USA after this, though with the revolution coming, it will be quite awhile after that before I can even consider aggressive military operations.

Well, tonight, I have allotted the rest of the evening to play several turns in conjunction with General Krasnov. He is also free tonight, so the plan is to play turn by turn, and email him the save at the end of each turn, then pick up the save and play a new turn. Hopefully, I can get through a good number of turns this way.

One thing of note is that I have not been experiencing any war weariness, though I do have my lux slider at 60% each turn, as well as researching techs at the fastest rate of five turns per tech. Even with this, as well as the huge amount of unit support costs each turn, I am still getting 1500+ gold per turn. I have been at constant war for a long time and,even though I am getting war happiness due to having war declred on Russia instead of declaring war, I am surprised by the lack of war weariness...not that I am complaining mind you.

Good luck with the turns; looking forward to more results. :D

Are you sure it's 5 turns/tech? I don't have the AoI 3 BIQ anymore, so you might want to see if it's 4 instead, because AoI4 has it set at 4 turns/tech minimum.

Good luck with the turns; looking forward to more results. :D

Are you sure it's 5 turns/tech? I don't have the AoI 3 BIQ anymore, so you might want to see if it's 4 instead, because AoI4 has it set at 4 turns/tech minimum.

Oh, you might be right about the 4 turn minimum, but I have never been able to reduce research time below 5 turns (even at 100% science slider), so I assumed this was the minimum.

build science buildings... libraries, uni, research labs, and nab as many great wonders as you can, because those really boost research.

The AoI 3 Civilopedia sucks big time, but at least with 4, you'll have it humming along nicely.

I have built science improvements up to Universities (which is the highest type available so far), but have no wonders available to improve science yet. So I guess I am researching at the fastest possible rate for now.

Um, actually hardly any. Most citizens are working as entertainers or taxmen....i figured that would fight war weariness plus keep gold coming in even with my lux sliderat 60%. I think I might need to do some city micro-management...

Russian casualties were scant at best (the 71st Infantry lost 3/5 hp taking on the German 5th Infantry while the 25th Infantry lost ¾ hp overrunning the 1st Home Guard division).
Uh, 'scant' means few, hardly any. So did the 25th Inf lose 1/4 of its men (reduced *to* 3/4 HP), or did it lose 3/4 (reduced to 1/4)? EDIT: It's also usually used in a slightly different way ... for example, Russian Infantry stereotypically have scant supplies and ammunition .... Nothing wrong with it being used to define casualties, it just looks funny when the word is usually used to mean "not nearly enough." :p /EDIT

RE: Scientific Minimum: I've had 4-turn research before, but only when I've completely ignored one path and go back to it after finishing another. Five-turn research seems to be the best you can do if you're one of the tech leaders.

Even with CivAssist, with huge numbers of cities, I tend to forgo heavy city micro-management, despite that fact that it restricts my best potential. With smaller nations, I love heavy micro-management, but with the case of Russia, I get bored with it. Its definitely something I need to work on though.

Brucha: thanks for posting civ maps again. :)

I have a question about the Indo-china campaign. On the campaign map, who owns Hanoi? It looks like Britain to me but I'm not sure. It is not mentioned as a conquest objective for your 4th and 5th armies, and the last mention that I found of it was that you gave it back to the French, before your current plans for Indo-China conquest.

Thanks for the great story!
And I finally went out and found a copy of Civ Complete so that I can upgrade to Conquests.:D I downloaded the AOI scenario and hope to check it out soon. I'm also looking forward to AOI 4.0.:cool:

Top Bottom