The only thing this game needs is toilet paper

darski

Regent in Training
I am so fed up with the crap in this game.

A couple of days ago 1 R spear killed
1 Elite Legionary
3 V Legionaries
1 V archer in a single turn.

I just had my entire attack force of 2 swords and 2 archers killed by R spear.

I may say that the game is evil to function in this way but I have to admit that I am the dumbest person on earth for not burning the game discs years ago.

It's never too late, darski.

Oh, I had this many, many times... That's why I always try to attack an enemy city with a ridiculous big stack of units. (like 20+units ) With the last game I'm playing, I lost in total 15 units storming the first target, and there were quite some medieval infantry who lost against the defending spearman.
Yeah, the AI is a goddamn cheat, especially once you go to monarch difficulty.

Hi,

yes, thats annoying. ;)

As annoying when you locate early in the game a rival capital only defended by a warrior. But as soon as you attack or declare war - PLOP!!! - there appears a spearman out of nothing. Sometimes I suspect they appear even without bronzeworking.

Have you been playing Civ 1 again, Theov? ;)

If not, than that is in fact one unlucky AI player, as I find that in Civ3 creating this enormous tech-gap has become quite impossible. It should've had at least acces to rifleman...

If you will attack a fortified spearman in a city thats on a hill over a river.......

Oh you mean he was in a size 1 town?

Yep it happens from time to time, I just last night lost 2 cavalry to a redlined spear who was defending his home.

If you will attack a fortified spearman in a city thats on a hill over a river.......

Oh you mean he was in a size 1 town?

Yep it happens from time to time, I just last night lost 2 cavalry to a redlined spear who was defending his home.

With my RNG luck it doesn't happen from time to time it happens all the time. At regent level I am lucky if my warriors are able to kill barbs and to kill one Num Merc needs a cav army.

I have just got into the habit of playing Civ so I guess I just need to break the habit. Trouble is that I love the game more or less,:scan::nuke:

The RNG is biased! We all know it, no matter how much they try to cover it. I recently lost 4 knights to a single immortal... he may have been actually immortal! Things like that kill my offensive :( Now I'm afraid of even attacking cavalries with cavs of my own. Is it standing unfortified on open ground? Beware! Is it fortified inside a city? Forget it, leave it there until I get tanks. Or my last game when 8 cavs couldn't capture a city defended by 2 rifles, but on the AI's turn they send a single cav to attack my city defended by infantries, and it won! Lost only 2 hp and killed an infantry, just like that.
So, civvers of the world, unite! No longer will we be told that the RNG is random. Our voice will be heard, everyone must know the truth. The AI does cheat.

Don't you guys ever learn. You keep getting trashed by the RNG and yet you keep going in under prepared. This is how you attack a city in Civ3. I don't care how bad my combat rolls are, I'm still going to win.

Don't you guys ever learn. You keep getting trashed by the RNG and yet you keep going in under prepared. This is how you attack a city in Civ3. I don't care how bad my combat rolls are, I'm still going to win.

You have 14 artillery units - you can expect 1 of those to hit something - probably the broad side of a barn. and no, I am not kidding.

How do you accomplish that with Trebuchets? I often can't manage to get that many hits with Artillery and Bombers.

Well, you see...it's like this.
Every artillery unit is accompanied by a flying monkey, eating a banana.
These little buggers are flying above the city/target. If its affiliated siege engine hits something, the flying monkey gets so agitated by joy that in his extasy it drops his banana. Now, the other siege engines only have to copy the vectors of that lucky one - and that's how you get many hits because of large numbers of siege equipment. The more, the merrier... :hammer2:

Didn't y'all realize that you ought to check the RNG specs on a computer before buying it? Most of them have "fair" RNGs, but about a quarter of them come with "biased" ones. Since most people prefer "fair" ones, the "biased" ones are marginally cheaper. But it does come with the huge tradeoff of not being able to hit anything with artillery whatsoever in Civ3, and having horrendous luck in battles. It's no big deal if all you're doing is spreadsheets in Excel and logging in to AOL, but for Civ, it's killer.

Though I have to admit, the first computer I played Civ on, it was complete luck that it had a "fair" RNG. Since then I've been wiser, and have always been careful to avoid the "biased" ones and save myself much misery.

My computers seem to be "biased" RNG's pretending to be fair, in that they'll pull of incredibly ridiculous runs of bad luck... but stretch them out enough that it can at least pretend to be fair.

But it never, ever, ever, ever gives me MGL's. Okay, sometimes, but it is certainly not 1 out of every 16 elite victories!

I've gotten two in a row before, one turn after another. I didn't even have the Heroic Epic!

Yep. Same here. I've had two in a row twice. Not that it's consistant. No telling how many games I've played. Usually I'm complaining about the lack of MGL AND SGL.

Top Bottom