The Power Democracy Consolidated: the Essential Starlifter ...

Yes, the principles of the Power Democracy are by and large applicable to the other advanced governments as well. For example, using enough luxuries in Fundy to ensure WLTHPD in every city will yield the extra trade arrow bonus of a Rep/Democracy; which in turn yields yet another extra trade arrow bonus for Superhighways if present. This can make for a powerful financial empire when combined with the converted "tithes."

Where the Power Democracy has the clear advantage over other governments is its ability to produce the most "powerful" unit in the game; not the "almighty" freight but the humble engineer. The ability to crank out these units in mass without taking the hit to one's population, and so a hit to the "demographic" basis of a world-economy, really makes the Democracy a clear winner in the end game.

The Power Democracy Consolidated: the Essential Starlifter ...
Thank you for doing such a fine job of consolidation, Andu! You're a Democracy master, too. The topic probably needs a proper "manual" like a .DOC which is formatted & contented, so newer players can learn the finer points.

A few variations on Starlifter's methods here. First, on the first turn of its founding, I'll have a new city rush build whatever high value commodity freight is available and in great demand; since some cities will change their commodity list when they grow to size three,
This is exactly right! It is what I'm doing in GOTM 68, though in that GOTM the distances and low science cost often obviate need to match demand with supply. But get at least 2 or so freight built before size 3.
Starlifter's build order should be modified from Aqueduct-Stock Exchange-Sewer System to Aqueduct-Superhighway-Sewer System. The extra trade arrows from the Superhighways provide a sufficient "boost" in the luxuries at 30% to guarantee WLPD growth up to a size 20 city, provided that excessive non-trade squares are initially avoided. This eliminates what he calls "the dead zone" in city growth, and it thus obviates any need for a Colosseum.
This is dictated by the game, and particular city. Specifically, food surplus. A small food surplus means you are going to need a Colosseum to reach size 21 at high levels (e.g., diety). Trade can sometimes just bridge that gap, but usually you need the food for one to three taxmen/scientists/elvii to remove the redface.

I will post about this in the GOTM 68 spoiler thread this month. :)

wheir is big dokument which i can use, for it is so so good but so much which better to printer machine. can i find it, not today for i see not it on big list of all good things in main pages, but it just nooby who make error, yes it can be true.

Here is another link concerning PD: The 'Power' in a PD...

Its a good idea Civdood, to make a document file that can be downloaded and printed. It is possible to download this thread in the meantime, as a general guide is not likely in the short term, especially since Andu has a nice consolidation of both our thoughts on the topic. :)

Good info, fine work, good thread, needs a .DOC ;). That's a common theme in several of these good strategy threads; I agree with civdood.... yes it can be true? :)

Top Bottom