The Powers that Be

Great that you're still working on this, I really enjoyed it!

One bug still present in the latest build you uploaded - land units are not always able to enter Galleons and other transport sea units unless I order them to board from a docked transport in a city. Trying to baord from a regular land plot just shows a red circle andwon't board.

Working on the bug, but actually subsumed into a whole new mod. Hopefully out by New Year

It's actually a combination of Glory and Greatness, Powers that Be and Rise of Empires, my three mods. This one is called Distant Horizons, it will have 10 brand new civs, a wider spectrum of rebalanced traits and units, drop down to one leader per civ again BUT with three parts to each UA and each civ should play quite different.

Holy Roman Empire was changed to Austria.

New civs include:
Kongo
Italy
Sweden
Hittites
Khazars
Mughals
Majahapit
Brazil
9. _______?
10. ONE of either the Apache, Cherokee, Pueblo, or Mississippi

For 9, might I suggest another "famous" nation in the HRE or vincinity, such as Bohemia or Hungary? Or how about... Armenia? Armenia was important for a while I suppose, so...
Also, for 10, personally, I like civs I know nothing about. I'd like to see the Pueblo.
Of course, it's your submission, I shouldn't be saying anything. :p

Well, I don't mind ideas. I've been toying with Troy, the Moors, etc. I've done those in the past and have artwork/music/etc. all close at hand. Hector of Troy would be fun and fairly simple, but I don't know...

But I think the Pueblo definitely have the inside track, their amazing cliff dwellings and other have been great. There is phenominal art as well on the site. I would prefer Mississippi but there simiply isn't enough information out there.

I'm thinking Po'pay of the Pueblo Indians. But for the 10th, who can say?

Is this accessable anywhere? Megaupload has been down for a good while now, and is not likely to be coming back.

Personally I'd like to see the mod stay away from Troy and other historically 'vague' cigs. Really looking forward to the new mod, the civ powers in particular. Any thoughts on rebalancing the civics? I always found some of the choices and effects a little unintuitive in regular civ. How about BUG and other interface improvements? Anyway, keep up the good work. With this mod I genuinely feel city states are the only feature from civ5 I miss when playing this improved civ4

I tried to merge BUG once into a mod idea and it completed messed it up (this was also back in the simpler days when I didn't create working models throughout the process, so it was a back to square 1). I think Troy is not a first choice, I'm batting around the idea of Assyria, The Moors, Zimbabwe, etc. (Assyria is actually on the inside track, but then I read a book about Assyria recently so I'm undergoing an enthusiasm).

UPDATE: The Last two civs are the Mississippi and The Moors.

Mesa Verde, the Nazca Lines and Burj Khalifa will be three new wonders in the game as well.

The Powers are all being updated as we speak, and extra units/buildings/etc. are being assigned to the expansion civs.

These mods by seasnake look interesting. Any word on where the latest versions of TPB/G&G can be downloaded?

update: italy, the hittites, austria, kongo, mississippi added and the old civ powers have been stripped for a reshuffle. made new lhs for gustavus adolphus and tuskaloosa. next up are the khazars. khazars power will be pax khazaria with a bonus for every religion present in their cities.

I would love to play the Powers that be. I am having the best time with Glory and greatness. But it seems that the file has been taken down from every site I try to download it from. I have the assets file but don't I need more than just that? The assets file when loaded looks just like the regular BTS game. Please help:)

Top Bottom