The Random Rangers Ride Again

Red dot is too close to our capital, I thought there needed to be 4 hexes distance between cities?

Yellow dot has too little food to be viable in my opinion.

Could green dot be moved 2 to the west to allow the banana and wheat to be worked earlier? Would also give us those FP tiles for faith.

In a few turns we will have a new SP which will be either a free worker or settler.

I think I would also favour BW first to find any iron locations.

Another thought on tech - do we want sailing to build some boats so we can get out and perhaps meet more people?

I think we should go Bronze Working first. It's good to know where the iron is. There could be some in the capital too, that'd help with settler production. Besides we'll need to chop the Citrus jungle, unless we settle our southern expo on the tile itself. BW -> Calendar -> Sailing maybe?

My suggestions for expos:
Spoiler :
Reasoning:

1: I'd settle somewhere around here first to secure the Citrus. Liberty has slow border growth so we want the crucial stuff to be in the first and second ring. This city gets Citrus and two hills in the first ring, plus it's a river-mountain spot. It's also in caravan range from Pocatello, and it's very easy to defend if he gets pissed at us for settling there.

2: As suggested by Mighty Dwarf. Riverside; two hills, wheat, bananas and two forest chops in the first ring. That city will develop quite quickly.

3: Riverside; 3 hills and 2 chops in the first ring. Has marble in the second ring, so will get a stoneworks eventually. Mediocre spot though, mostly just a space filler.

4: Doesn't get as many good tiles in city range as the spot suggested by Bugs and loses Horses, but has more immediate growth and leaves some space for another potential city in the north.

5: Connects Furs, can send (or receive) a Cargo ship to (from) the capital, has Horses in second ring for a Circus. I don't know if that's a plains tile, but if it isn't, that city will also get a Stoneworks. It has no growth tiles and isn't the greatest city spot, but it still needs to be settled, I think.

Red dot is too close to our capital, I thought there needed to be 4 hexes distance between cities?

In a few turns we will have a new SP which will be either a free worker or settler.
I think you just need three tiles in between cities. Lurkers?

I think we would be foolish to take a worker since we already have four with a fifth ready to be produced in the capitol.

I like #1 for our second city. We probably need a ranged unit in there for when Pocatello gets pissed oof at us.

Top Bottom