The Rant of Khan

First: OP great name:cool:
Second: Awesome thread title!:goodjob:

I really don't think that ciV is any worse than civIII I enjoy it at about the same level, (I never really liked III), and we all lived through III and got IV. Shafer had his chance and, unfortunately he failed, but he brought some good and innovative things to the table, just like in III.

In my opinion, Starcraft II is a perfect example of how NOT to make a sequel. It is literally the same game as the first, but re-skinned with better graphics. It brought nothing new whatsoever to the table.

In my opinion its a perfect example of how to update a game. Starcraft Broodwar was already perfect. Starcraft 2 has new units and up to date graphics. Thats really all that was needed for a sequel, and people love it.

Civ5 was remade, and all the things Fraxis learned from previous Civ games was trashed. And look what happened: it doesn't even feel like Civ anymore. It feels like CivRev2.

In my opinion its a perfect example of how to update a game. Starcraft Broodwar was already perfect. Starcraft 2 has new units and up to date graphics. Thats really all that was needed for a sequel, and people love it.

Civ5 was remade, and all the things Fraxis learned from previous Civ games was trashed. And look what happened: it doesn't even feel like Civ anymore. It feels like CivRev2.

Civ V actually has much more in common with Civ IV than with Civ Rev.

"Some hard core fans will buy the expansions; Firaxis will produce a few more titles following the new business plan, then in a year or two, go bankrupt or get sold to some other company."

lol

kinda like the first part of the post

apparently the op is magic and can see the future

lol

If you want stacking, just edit the game files.

Finally that's a new one: You don't like it, go and mod it! Because EVERONE can and that means NO game-company has to do its job and deliver a proper game anymore :rolleyes:

===
As far as I'm concerned, being just a lurker that didn't buy the game (because of steam in the first place) it seems to me I made the right decision NOT buying it (which is a pity, btw).
But I disagree with the general scepticism here:
- CivIV vanilla wasn't a great game out of the box as well - It took BTS to make it awesome.
- The new patch looks promising and leading to the right direction.
- dlc sucks but hopefully there'll be a CIV-complete in 5 years from now - then I might be getting the game, go steam once and never again and harvest from all your active gamers suffering right now...

Finally that's a new one: You don't like it, go and mod it! Because EVERONE can and that means NO game-company has to do its job and deliver a proper game anymore :rolleyes:

They already delivered a "proper" (for you) game, called Civilization 4. Now they a made a game that is "proper" for other people.

Top Bottom