The Resistance - an LHAC

Lighthearter

President of the United States
Long ago, the world was at peace. Men, Elves, Half-elves, Dwarves and Halflings had their own lands and led their own lives. Adventurers ventured forth and sought treasures untold.

Now...not so much.

We don't know who he was before he became the Iron King, but we believe he was an adventurer of great skill and power. He and his companions, one by one, overthrew the governments of all the lands. The paladins, great protectors of justice, marshaled to oppose him.

Obviously, they didn't win. It took ten years, but the Iron King and his coterie stood triumphant over the world. They established their own singular government, called the Authority, and brutally suppressed any attempt at rebellion.

Now, the world is at peace. Or...that's what it looks like.

Some few are not cowed by the Authority. They are hunted, lingering in the shadows to avoid the Iron King's agents. An entire generation has been born and raised under the King's rule, many of them chafing under the dictatorship that has lorded over them their whole lives. The King is aging, and now others across the Authority are lining up to be his successor. Times are changing...and now, it's time for the disadvantaged and the rebellious to make their presence known.

It's time for the Resistance to strike back.

Welcome to The Resistance! Who doesn't want to overthrow a tyrannical evil despot without pesky questions about right, wrong, indifferent and immaterial?

First things first: I am the GM. Yes, I do have the authority. No, it doesn't matter what authority. I have power over life, death, your continued participation in my game, whether my game does in fact continue, and...everything else I can name. Well, that's not strictly true: I am the GM, which means that I have power over everything except plot direction and common sense.

You are members of "The Resistance" which is fighting "The Authority" which is led by "The Iron King". Your objective is to defeat the King and restore freedom to the world: the means are entirely up to you.

The game is played here, in SSDchat. Myself("LH"), Dem Taqat("Dem" or "DT") and KaiserElectric("Lec") are mods there.

This ruleset is divided into several major sections. We'll start with the basics.

Basics and Joining the Game:

To join, first make a post. Then, put this into your post:

[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Race: [/B]
[B]Class: [/B]
[B]Faction:[/B]
[B]Level: [/B]1
[B]HP: [/B]
[B]AC:[/B]
[B]XP: [/B]0
[B]GP:[/B]
[B]Stats: [/B]
[I]-STR: [/I]
[I]-CON: [/I]
[I]-DEX: [/I]
[I]-INT: [/I]
[I]-WIS: [/I]
[I]-CHA: [/I]
[B]Languages: [/B]
[B]Feats: [/B]
[B]Talents: [/B]
[B]Inventory: [/B]
[B]Spells: [/B]
[B]Description: [/B]
[B]Bio: [/B]

I'm sure you can handle "Name" "Description" and "Bio" yourselves, so I'll work through the other sections. For "Race" choose one of the six races listed below. Each provides bonuses, but most also have a penalty. Your race will influence how others think of you, and what parts of the game's hidden lore you will be permitted to know. Choose wisely.

Spoiler :
Human: +1 Feat, +1 Talent
Elf: +2 and -2 to stats of your choice, Elven language free, Low-light Vision
Half-elf: +2DEX or CHA, -2CON or WIS, Low-light Vision, +1 Language of your choice
Dwarf: +2STR or CON, -2DEX or CHA, Night Vision, Dwarven language free
Halfling: +2CHA, +2WIS, -2STR or CON, +1 Language of your choice

Now that you've done that, let's move to your Class. There are several important factors in choosing a class, but the biggest is "how do you want to play?" Below is a spreadsheet detailing first a general description of each class, then each one's unique bonuses, and then starting HP, gold and Feats.

Spoiler :

Now that you've chosen your class, it's time to do your "Stats." There are six. Here's another spreadsheet, this one detailing the six and what they're good for.

Spoiler :

Done reading? Now let's talk about what your actual stat numbers are. There are three ways to assign your stats:

Method One is to RNG your stats. Open an RNG(or collect 1-4 six-sided dice) and generate a number between 3 and 18(or, roll three dice or one dice three times and add up the results). If the number is below 10, generate a number between 1 and 6 and add that(or roll one dice again and add it). Repeat this process for all six stats. The benefit of this strategy is that you could possible roll highly on all of your stats, giving you a much stronger character than if you chose a less random option. However, you could also roll...poorly, and find yourself with a weak, ineffectual character. You do not have to roll the stats in order, and can roll for your stats and then assign numbers to stats after you see what you have to work with.

Method Two is to take a pre-made assortment of stats. There is no random element involved. Your stats are as follows: 18, 15, 13, 12, 10, 6. This gives you one excellent stat, one good one, two average ones, one mediocre and one bad. The advantage here is you know what you're getting into, but if you went random, you could walk out with much better numbers. Or...

Method Three is "custom stats." Your stats are as follows: 15, 13, 13, 13, 10, 6. So long as you keep at least 1 point in each stat, and do not go over 18 with any of them(pre-Feats), you can assign points wherever you like, shunting them between stats at your discretion. This method allows you a lot of control, but you wind up with 4 fewer points in total than you would have if you used the pre-made option, and potentially far fewer than if you had rolled.

Once you have assigned your numbers, add your Modifier behind each stat. Your modifier is listed here.

Spoiler :

Let's double back for a moment to Faction. You are all part of the Resistance against the Authority and the Iron King, but that doesn't mean you, like, get along. There are five Factions, and each one has a different mindset and goal. Each one provides a stat bonus for being a member, so choose wisely. There will be NPCs in each Faction as well.

Spoiler :
Factions:

Society of the Scarlet Hand: The Society of the Scarlet Hand was one of the more successful individual movements in the wake of the King's takeover. They are warriors to the core, mastering blade and bow to fight for their freedoms and their futures. They seek to hurt the Iron King in any way they can by smashing his troops and facilities, and constantly strive to take the offensive and bring the fight to the Authority on the Resistance's terms. +1STR or DEX

The Order of the Sapphire Sphere: The Order of the Sapphire Sphere is a union of the old idealists and the young wannabe heroes, taking up the creed of the old Paladins in an effort to save everyone they can. They refuse to entertain the concept of terror attacks or assaulting innocent workers, determined to ensure the Resistance does not become the Iron King in the effort to overthrow him. +1STR or INT

The Consortium: The Consortium has its roots in smugglers and traders whose lives were destroyed by the Authority. They want the Iron King ripped from his throne, but they don't believe the Resistance can hope to win a direct conflict. Instead, they want to steal weapons and resources from the Authority and build up the Resistance's stockpile before taking precipitous action. +1CHA or WIS

The Hidden Blades: The Hidden Blades Faction has lived in the shadows, combining what remains of the Paladins with the survivors of more brazen attempts at rebellion. They are spies and infiltrators, unparalleled in their stealth skills but hesitant to engage the enemy head-on. Misdirection and information-gathering are their aims. +1DEX or CHA

The New Order: The New Order Faction believes in pragmatism: the Authority and the Iron King have ruled long enough, and any suffering inflicted in the war to overthrow them is a drop in the bucket to what they have inflicted and will do so in the future. The King MUST be defeated, by any means necessary. +1INT or WIS

"AC" stands for "Armor Class" and this is the number that any enemy attack must roll higher than in order to land a hit on you. By default, your AC is 10, plus your DEX modifier and then the bonus from any armor or shields you possess. Mark it as 10(+ or - your DEX modifier) until you hit Inventory and can get armor or shields.

"HP" is the next section, and it stands for "Hit Points," which the veteran roleplayers here will know represents your character's ability to take damage. Once you drop to 0HP, you are unconscious. If you are bleeding out, then you will lose 1HP per turn, and die at -5HP. Any blow powerful enough to put you at -5HP will immediately kill you.

You start with a certain amount of HP, listed above on the Class Spreadsheet. Go ahead and RNG between the numbers listed. Once you've done that, add your Constitution modifier to the result, and the total is your Hit Points. If you don't feel like RNGing or rolling, then you can choose instead to start with the "halfway" amount on the range. Whenever you level up, you add the same amount: either RNG'd or the median total, plus your CON.

Similarly, "GP" means "Gold Pieces" and is your money you can use to get equipment and services. GP are the standard unit of currency for adventurers like yourselves. RNG between the ends of the range described in your class' section, or accept the median point(helpfully listed for you) if you don't want your financial situation to be in fate's hands.

"Level" and "XP" are simple. Your Level is your character's level, which is a shorthand way of seeing how experienced and strong you are. Once you reach a certain amount of XP, which you earn after missions, you level up, gaining additional powers and HP. The XP counts for each level are listed below.

Spoiler :
Level One: 0XP
Level Two: 1000XP
Level Three: 2000XP
Level Four: 4000XP
Level Five: 6000XP
Level Six: 9000XP
Level Seven: 12000XP
Level Eight: 16000XP
Level Nine: 20000XP
Level Ten: 25000XP

"Feats" "Talents" "Spells" and "Inventory" will be covered in the next section, Classes, Feats and Talents. That leaves us with "Languages".

You start able to speak Common, and if you are anyone but Human, you start able to speak an additional language. You can speak one extra language on top of these for every point of your Intelligence modifier(NOT the stat itself). Here are the languages:

Spoiler :
Common(Automatic: all)
Elven:(Automatic: Elf)
Dwarven:(Automatic: Dwarf)
Auran
Aquatic
Troll
Goblin
Draconic
Holy Speech
Kobold
Authority Code(Requires INT score of 16 or higher, or a pertinent backstory reason to know the Codes)

Classes, Feats & Talents:

So, you've done most of the work already, but this is complex enough to need its own section. First, we'll talk about Feats and Spells.

When you chose your Class, odds are, it listed at least one free Feat. Go ahead and list it under your Feats section. You start the game with one additional Feat to choose from, unless your character is a half-elf, in which case you have a second starting Feat. If you're a spellcaster, then you were given a number of Spells to choose from the Spell List. It's below, right after the Feat list. Go ahead and pick your Feats and Spells, and list them in the appropriate sections.

Note: Unless stated otherwise, all Level 2 Feats and Spells require character level 3, and Level 3 spells and feats require character level 5.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

This brings us to Talents. Each Class has a unique tree of Talents, from low levels to high, and you automatically start the game with one of them. If you're human, you can either start with both Talents or save a second Talent for a later level up. At any level, you could choose to take the Training Montage talent(which functions exactly like the Feat of the same name) instead of any of the listed Talents. Go ahead and pick your Talent(s).

Spoiler :

Now that you've done that, let's talk about getting more Talents or Feats in the future. Once you level up to Level Two, you can pick EITHER a Feat or a Talent, but not both. This sets a pattern, and at Level Three, if your choice at Two was a Talent, you'll get a Feat, and vice versa. Essentially, you'll alternate, getting either a Feat or a Talent every level.

At this point, you're mostly done. All that's left is to fill in your inventory: what items your character has on you at the start of the game. Take note of how many GP your character has before starting through this section, and what weapon and armor proficiencies you possess.

The other thing to note is your carrying capacity. This is determined by your STR score(NOT the modifier). Every item has a weight, and if you carry more than your carrying capacity, you take penalties to AC and start losing actions. Your capacity is listed below.

Spoiler :

And here's the inventory list. If you're confused about what any of these items do, just drop on into chat and ask, or shoot me a PM.

Spoiler :

The Management Game:

You are the Resistance's big movers and shakers, for better or worse. You may not be the best fighters, or politicians, or tacticians, but you're what the Resistance has. After the first mission, you will receive a set of actions for Management Orders(Ala GhoStory or OA). These actions can be used to do most anything: train to get XP or bonus effects, acquire new items with GP or from the Resistance's stockpiles, just hang out with NPCs to raise their morale and faith in you, train your underlings to fight...OR to cast your vote on the next mission.

See, a list will be posted of between two and four potential missions, each one for a different effect. You'll have to decide as a group where the Resistance's efforts should be focused, since you don't have the resources to tackle two missions at a time. It takes one Management Action to cast your vote on a mission, so bear that in mind when you consider your actions. Whatever mission receives the most votes will be undertaken. The others might disappear if not done, or might remain for another chance. Choose wisely.

Other Information:

The Favored Enemy Table:
Spoiler :
Human
Elven
Goblin
Kobold
Dragon
Troll
Animal(Land)
Animal(Sea)
Animal(Air)
Dwarf
Halfling
Spectral
Demon
Elemental

Summoned Creature Table:

Spoiler :
SUMMONING TABLE TO GO HERE KEEP YOUR PANTS ON I'M WORKING ON IT GOSH

Animal Companion Table:

Spoiler :

When you join the game, you will receive a PM or Steam message from me containing two pieces of Intel that you have gathered over your journey. Your bio will influence the value and type of Intel you receive. Whether you share your knowledge freely or hoard it for your own benefit is up to you. Over the game, more secrets will be learned, and then what you do with them is your choice. I advise recording your Intel and keeping it close to hand while playing.

More Coming Later.

This concludes Inventory. The next post is reserved, as is the one after that. In the second post, I'll add the world map(plus other maps as you enter the areas depicted) and lore, and the third is reserved for a list of PCs and notable NPCs that I'll update religiously for the first third of the game or so and then never touch again.

Missions will likely run Thursdays at 5PMEST unless this causes conflicts. My other possible days are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at the same time.

Name: Alwyn Miller
Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Faction: The Order of the Sapphire Sphere
Level: 2
HP: 19
AC: 10(+4)(+3) = 17
XP: 0
GP: 5.5
Stats:
-STR: 16 (+3)
-CON: 10 (+0)
-DEX: 19 (+4)
-INT: 6 (-2)
-WIS: 12 (+1)
-CHA: 14 (+2)
Languages: Common
Feats:
  • Dual-Weilding I
  • Born Performer (Dancer)
  • Perceptive
Talents:
  • Armor Proficiency: Medium
  • Shield Mastery
  • Training Montage
Inventory: Capacity 78lbs
  • Rapier
  • Studded Leather
  • Buckler
  • Knife
Misc Items.
  • Blanket
  • 3 day's trail rations
  • Rope (10m)
  • Grappling Hook
  • Torch
  • Flint & Tinder
Description:
Spoiler :

Bio: Hailing from a village in the middle of bumblef*ck nowhere in the countryside between Silva and Haven Alwyn grew up on his parent's farm, working the mill to produce flour for sale in town. While they never thrived they managed to make ends meet under the Iron King's rule. Living in an isolated village they managed to avoid most of the conflicts caused by rebellion and were usually ignored by the Iron King's agents. But it couldn't last, following a failed rebellion attempt in a neighboring village the Iron King's forces came with fire and steel. Burning the village to the ground they soon set upon its neighbors in order to make sure that no rebels managed to escape and no sympathizer went unpunished.

They ended up coming for Alwyn's family, killing his father and burnt down the mill while his mother and brothers hid within it. Alwyn was knocked unconscious attempting to fight back and was left for dead. Upon waking up to a destroyed home Alwyn decided to join up with the Resistance to fight back against the Iron King. Having been told stories of the heroism of the Paladins of old he immediately gravitated towards the Order of the Sapphire Sphere.

Name: Elias "Hartless" Burkhart
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Rogue
Faction: The Consortium
HP: 10
AC: 14
XP: 1015
GP: 7 GP, 6 SP
Stats:
-STR: 10 (0)
-CON: 10 (0)
-DEX: 15 (+2)
-INT: 12 (+1)
-WIS: 12 (+1)
-CHA: 16 (+3)
Languages:
  • Common
  • Elven
  • Dwarven
Feats:
  • Scoundrel's Luck
  • Acrobat
Talents:
  • Charmer
  • Sleight of Hand
Inventory: Carry Capacity: 41/60
  • Leather Armor
  • Shortbow
  • Arrows (20)
  • Bed Roll
  • Trail Rations (2 Days)
  • Lockpicking Kit
Spells: N/A
Description: A man of average height, Elias has the slim, athletic build of your average acrobat. He has brown eyes and black hair, with a thin layer of stubble on his face.
Bio: Elias Burkhart has always lived the life of a rogue. Orphaned at a young age, Elias learned early on how to fend for himself in the streets of Westport. Lacking any viable trade skills, he’d often resort to pilfering goods from the market. This often necessitated the use of a quick tongue, or a pair of quick feet, in order to come out on top.

Eventually, he fell in with a group of fellow knaves: Alexis Winterhold, the rebellious daughter of a sea captain; Frederick Mohren, a halfling blessed with an eye for appraisal; Siana Llewellyn, an elven sorceress and notorious lush; and Daniel Laurent, the loyal son of a local merchant. Together, the "Port Side Five", as they called themselves, participated in a small scale crime spree, pulling off cons and pranks in equal measure. When Daniel inherited his father’s store, the gang decided it was time to go into business for themselves. Officially, the Loaded Galleon Import and Export dealt in trade goods from all across the region. But behind the scenes, it was a hub for illicit or hard to acquire items, smuggled into the city. Business was good, and only improved when Alexis acquired a ship of her own to captain. For a time, everything seemed to be smooth sailing.

Then the Iron King arrived.

Initially, the takeover of Alba and the city of Westport by the Authority did little to negatively impact on the Loaded Galleon. In fact, it helped the Port Side Five immensely, providing new clients in the form of rebels groups seeking weapons and people trying to get out from under the Authority's thumb. Elias and his friends took on all comers, and raked in a pretty fortune. Unfortunately, the Iron King’s forces proved more adept at rooting out criminal elements than the old guard. The raid come suddenly and unexpectedly, with the Authority swarming the Loaded Galleon. Elias had barely enough time to escape, and even less time to grab what few essentials he could. With his friends either in custody or scattered to the winds, Elias was forced to take to the roads, keeping barely a step out of the Iron King’s reach. Eventually, he found his way to the Consortium and the rebellion, and decided that this was as good a place as any to start back up.

Name: Grigel Holub
Race: Halfling
Class: Paladin
Faction: The Order of the Sapphire Sphere
Level: 1
HP: 11
AC: 12
XP: 0
GP: 0
Stats:
  • STR: 8 (-1)
  • CON: 10 (+0)
  • DEX: 9 (-1)
  • INT: 11 (+0)
  • WIS: 14 (+2)
  • CHA: 15 (+2)
Languages:
  • Common
  • Holy Speech
Feats:
  • Armor Proficiency: Medium
  • Magical Talent
Talents:
  • Lay on Hands
  • Favored Enemy: Spectral
Inventory:
44/54 lb

Weapons and Armor
  • Longsword
  • Leather Armor
  • Small Wooden Shield
  • Handaxe

Other
  • 4 Days of Food
  • Holy Book (Journal)
  • Bed Roll
  • 3 Vials
  • Whistle
  • Quill Pen and Ink
  • Torch

Spells:
  • Healing Hands

Description: A feeble old man. What little hair he has left is grey and wispy. His beady green eyes, large ears, and scraggly beard on his most notable facial features.
Bio: Grigel was a young halfling from a small village on the Isles when he first joined the Order as a paladin. He went through training, learned how to fight and recite scripture, and for many years serves as a valiant paladin in the service of the Order. Unfortunately, that time has passed. When he grew old he laid down his sword and bid farewell to the life of a holy warrior. He returned back home and opened a church, and resolved to live the rest of life educating and guiding the common people.

When the Ten-Years War began he thought it his duty to once again aid the Order in the defence of the realms. Lacking in martial ability, he instead worked to provide moral support, aiding war refugees and working to galvanize the populace into taking up arms against the Iron King. But the Paladins lost, and once again Grigel returned back home to lead his church. When he came back he came back resolved to make peace with the loss and instead of using his position to fight against the new regime, he instead sought to use it to make his community a better. He grew increasingly distant from the remains of the Order and the Resistance as a whole as former contacts came to persuade him to return. He tried his best to ignore the world's problems in favoring of fixing his home's. That was until one day when they came once again, and Grigel realized other's can take on his duty here.

He reluctantly picked up his sword and followed his old comrades back.

Name: Byelobog Konstantinov (Kealoha Hoapili)
Race: Elf
Class: Sorcerer
Faction: The Consortium
HP: 9
AC: 14
GP: 6.2
Stats:
  • STR: 4 (-3)
  • CON: 13 (+1)
  • DEX: 16 (+3)
  • INT: 22 (+6)
  • WIS: 14 (+2)
  • CHA: 16 (+3)
Languages:
  • Common (Free)
  • Elven (Free)
  • Dwarven
  • Auran
  • Aquatic
  • Goblin
  • Draconic
  • Authority Code
Feats:
  • Magical Talent
  • The Smart One
Talents:
  • Elemental Affinity
Inventory: 32/42 lbs.
  • Rapier
  • Buckler
  • Blanket
  • 5-day's trail rations
  • Chocolate
  • Whistle
  • 4 Vials
Spells: 4/day
  • Barrier
  • Antimagic I
  • Lightning I
  • Gust I
Description: Extremely tall (even for an elf), with onyx hair, pale, almost translucent skin, and angular green eyes. Like all elves, he lacks facial hair, but styles his extremely long hair into a facsimile of a beard. He is thin and lithe, but his muscles are virtually nonexistent.
Bio:
Spoiler :
Kealoha's- Byelobog's birth name- parents were part of a cooperative effort with the dwarves to settle the untamed wilds to the east of Sturmburg. Seven dwarves and three elves set out to begin work on the Fortress of Tinbeards (as per a Dwarven fad at the time that dictated new settlements be named via random draw). The settlement combined Dwarven mining & stone working with Elven enchantment and timberurgy. And though the settlers of Tinbeards were constantly beset by hordes of necromancers, elephants, and goblins, they managed not only to survive, but thrive. Immigration from the dwarven lands far outstripped immigration from the elven lands, however, and, combined with the higher fecundity of dwarves, this led to elves becoming an extreme minority in Tinbeards within a few decades.

It was into this environment that Kealoha was born; his parents had been trying to conceive a child for almost 50 years, and they were overcome with joy to finally have a little miracle to call their own. Unfortunately, their joy was not to last, for not 6 months after the birth of Kealoha, the necromancers based out of a nearby tower laid siege to Tinbeards; normally, this would not even rate a raised eyebrow from the residents of the fortress, for Tinbeards was widely considered to be the most impregnable settlement in the world, but the dwarf in charge of working the drawbridges of Tinbeards was far too busy enjoying a masterful Elephant sweetbread roast with Starfruit Wine to bother with such a trivial thing as raising the drawbridge, and before anyone knew what was happening hordes of undead were raping and pillaging their way through the city.

Kealoha's parents took up arms, and, working in concert with the famous dwarven mages of the Konstantinov lineage, managed to drive the necromancers back, but at great cost. Kealoha's mother, Ngaio, had heroically sacrificed herself in a (successful) attempt to take out 400 undead at once, and Tinbeards had been sacked beyond recognition. Stricken by grief, Tama, Kealoha's father, was unable to bring himself to continue living, and died a week later in his sleep, leaving Kealoha without any family. Fortunately for the infant elf, however, Tama and Ngaio had been close friends with the dwarven wizard Konstantin, founder of the Konstantinov clan, and in honor of his dear departed friends, the ageing mage arranged for Kealoha to be taken in by a slightly younger, more capable member of his family. As per dwarven custom, Kealoha was given a new name upon adoption into the clan; henceforth, he would be known as Byelobog.

Byelobog was raised by the dwarves, and adopted their culture as his own. He was discovered to have a talent for magic, and spent much of his time studying. Around his early adolescence, tales of the Iron King and his conquests began to reach Tinbeards, but Byelobog, confident in the impregnability of his home, paid them little attention. Being an elf, he aged far slower than his adopted family, and one of his first acts as an adult was to bury his parents, who died of old age not long after Byelobog passed his trials and was recognized as a full member of the Konstantinov clan.

By an amazing stroke of poor fortune, the dwarf in charge of the fortress drawbridges- who was a grandson of the incompetent that allowed the necromancer army into the city decades earlier- was likewise occupied with food and drink when the Iron King inevitably arrived to conquer Tinbeards. The Iron King, who came prepared for a grueling, months or possibly years-long siege, was pleasantly surprised, and, finding his current force overkill, shrugged and took a fraction of his army with him to the next city, leaving the rest to deal with Tinbeards however they saw fit. The overwhelmed and surprised defenders were slaughtered almost to a man, and the Iron King's troops, lacking the foresight and planning ability of the King himself, utterly destroyed Tinbeards beyond repair; the fields were razed and salted, the nearby river ran red with the blood of the innocent and black with the ink of uncountable priceless tomes, the aboveground portions of the city were looted and torn apart, and the underground sections flooded. Byelobog was one of a handful of survivors, and the sole survivor of the Konstantinov clan.

As can be expected, he was utterly furious at the Iron King, and joined the forces opposing the man. But time and again the King and his companions proved the superior combatants, and after the pivotal 7th Battle of Korigan, Byelobog became disillusioned with the whole conflict. Believing that the Iron King could never be toppled through sheer force of arms, he immersed himself in the criminal underworld of the Authority, consorting with pirates, smugglers, and bounty hunters. He became a close friend and ally of the Griffin Smuggler Seyyed, who was always looking for a good fight & a quick profit, and who taught Byelobog the language of the air. Byelobog and Seyyed had many wacky and unbelievable adventures together, but all good things must come to an end, and after discovering the lost treasure of the Kobold crime lord Nevan Driscoll, Byelobog and Seyyed split the treasure and parted ways. Unfortunately for Byelobog, however, the ship his share of the loot was being carried on got caught in a storm about 45 kilometers southwest of Vanderveer, becoming lost to the depths once again.

Byelobog remained a prominent figure in the criminal underworld, and after stopping the pirate admiral Hokulani Kawaguchi, was offered a leadership position in the shady Consortium. When whispers of a new revolt against the Iron King reached the ears of the Consortium- and when those whispers were determined to be, in fact, genuine- the loose alliance of outcasts decided to help out the rebels in their own unique way, and Byelobog elected to help the rebels personally.

All four characters approved. Intel dispatched.

Patchy has requested we move the missions to Mondays and I am tentatively doing so unless anyone else objects. Since I now have four finished and approved characters, the first one will launch this Monday at 5PM EST unless people happen to be there early.

If anyone wants to join and is looking for direction in what kind of character to make(I stress that these are suggestions, and you should make the character you want to play):

-We are missing a Ranger
-We are missing a Wizard
-We are missing a dwarf
-We are missing a melee tank

Also, everyone should feel free to submit NPC, villain, subplot and main plot ideas. I have a neat little collection of possible hooks, but I won't turn down anything that's offered.

-L

Mondays are really bad for me; if I show up at all, I'll be late.

Name: Scarlett
Race: Elf
Class: Sorcerer
Faction: Society of the Scarlett Hand
Description: A tall elven woman with a wiry build, Scarlett has short red hair that seems to have never seen a brush. She is almost never seen without a small ring hung by a string around her neck, although most of the time it lies under her patched and worn clothing, out of sight from prying eyes.
Bio: Scarlett was born in the elven capital several years before the Iron Kings attack on the city. Although her parents were killed when the city fell, the young girl escaped into the countryside, where she was adapted into a small village. However, the village itself did not long outlast the arrival of the kings troops in the region, and by the time Scarlett reached adulthood she had been sent fleeing again into the wilds.

This time she determined not to settle down again, old enough to have some understanding of her own magic she attempted to take the fight back to the Iron Kings troops by herself. This attempt lasted several years, but ultimately she accomplished little more than repeatedly being nearly killed, lacking the proper skills to fight effectively. It was this that brought her to the Society of the Red Hand, who's members agreed to train her in combat so that she might help them with their battle against the King.

In time, Scarlett became a rather noteworthy member of the Hand, participating in their most daring raids, and often employing her magic to prevent disaster. After one particularly close call where a lightning spell almost killed several of the Hand's leaders in the process of saving them, a number of the younger members began jokingly referring to the organisation as 'Scarlett's Hand', as she began to outlive the foundering members as attrition and time took their toll. By the time of the Hand's amalgamation into the general Resistance, this moniker had all but replaced the groups original name, despite Scarlett's repeated protests.

GP: 0

HP: 18
AC: 15

Stats:
STR: 16 (+3)
CON: 15 (+2)
DEX: 20 (+5)
INT: 17 (+3)
WIS: 11 (0)
CHA: 7 (-2)

Feats:
Perceptive
Magical Talent

Talents:
Fighting Sorcerer

Languages:
Common
Elven
Aquatic
Auran
Draconic

Spells: (4 per day)
Shield I
Detect Alignment
Lightning I

Inventory: (23/78)
Spellbook
Shortsword
Blanket
Bread (1)
Ring

Modifiers:
Mission 2: +1 to all Combat Actions

DT

Attachments

• Unfinished Mana.jpg
    Unfinished Mana.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 157
  • Unfinished Mana 2.jpg
    Unfinished Mana 2.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Mana Silvereye.jpg
    Mana Silvereye.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 114
Alwyn Miller: 1015XP - Level Up!
Grigel Holub: 1015XP - Level Up!
Scarlett: 1015XP - Level Up!
Elias Burkhart: 1015XP - Level Up!
Byelobog Konstantinov: 1015XP - Level Up!

Entire team levels up. The mission was to recover an artifact from Authority soldiers, accomplished because of Alwyn's l33t dancing skills and Elias' skillful pickpocketing. The artifact in question, a silver amulet with a lightning bolt symbol on it, has been taken by the NPC commander Katarina to share with the leader of the Resistance, Ealric Flax.

Next mission next Monday, probably. Will let you know if things change.

Everyone is now Level Two. Pick a Feat or Talent, and update your HP. Make sure you post your changes or I'll have no way of knowing what you've done.

You all have two Management Actions. Currently, the only available mission is a raid on a prison complex near Silva, again with Katarina. However, any of you with Intel that could point toward new missions, feel free to suggest them, and they'll be added to the voting roster(though you'll have to go either without a GMPC or with a completely different one, depending on the mission).

Action 1: Voting - Scarlett is voting in favor of performing the prison break.

Action 2: Training Together - Scarlett gathers together a few individuals from each faction who seem more interested in the cause than squabbling amongst each other, and takes some time to train as a group. If we learn to work as a team and combine our strengths, we'll be that much more effective against the Authority and their forces. It might help build some trust amongst the more reticent of our members as well. If the other PCs want to join her, they are welcome to do so.

Level Up Effects:
HP increased to 18. (RNG 3 + CON 2 + 13 at Level 1)
Feat Aquired: Perceptive

DT

Order 1: Use my six silver to increase my financial capital via one of the oldest and greatest methods known to man; gambling. Offer to "teach" some of the new recruits the finer points to this noble art.
Spoiler Hint :
(Hint: Teach in this context means cheat)
Order 2: Use any and all resources/contacts to find if and where Alexis is being held in the prison complex we are set to raid.

Level Up!
-HP increase by 7 to 10 total.
-Added Trait: Sleight of Hand

Order 1: Training Together - Being a new recruit in the Resistance means training hard, Alwyn heard that Scarlett was setting up a cross faction training program and was one of the Order recruits that were volunteered to participate. Still learning to work together with others outside of the Order is valuable and any experience gained is welcome.

Order 2: Building Camaraderie - After training Alwyn decides it's high time to sit down with the other new recruits of the Order and get to know them better. Forming relationships and bonds with the people fighting next to you is always worthwhile.

Level Up - 2
-Talent > Training Montage > DEX increased by 1 to 19
-HP increased to 19

Order 1: Training Together- notwithstanding the mistrust of certain unnamed individuals, Byelobog shall be joining the group training session

Order 2: Inspection- Study the amulet we stole; see what I can find out about it

Level Up:
  • New HP = 9
  • New Feat = The Smart One
  • New Language = Goblin

Order 1: Getting Back into Things - The days of being a paladin are long past Grigel, as he lacks the ability and training to do most actions a paladin normally can. Thus it is time to admit that he needs help. He will be joining Scarlett's group, in hopes of learning how to fight once more and to guide the other Order recruits.

Order 2: Last Rites - It is the duty of priests to give aid and comfort to those who need it, such as the wounded and dying. Grigel will be visiting them to do just that.

Level Up
HP: 7 + 4 = 11
Talent: Favored Enemy: Spectral

Management Orders:

Scarlett:
Spoiler :
Voting: Your vote has been registered.

Training Together(Synergy with Alwyn, Byleobog and Grigel): You gave your all in the training session, and it paid off tremendously: you're in shape and ready to kick some serious Authority rear. +1 to all combat actions next mission. In addition to your personal training, you worked with your fellow Resistance members, and perhaps there's now a bit more mutual respect/trust there.

Elias:
Spoiler :
Gambling: Your charm and roguish ways pay off - literally. You earn some, lose some, and generally play the game as it's meant to be paid, ultimately coming out with +7GP. As the games are played...you hear that legend again, and now with a new chapter where people are insisting the Iron King has taken the princess.

The Hunt: You cautiously reach out to contacts both in and out of the Resistance, looking for any details on the prison facility in Silva, and whether Alexis is there. Unfortunately, you can't confirm a thing...though you do discover a secret tunnel into the complex, supposedly used to smuggle high-level captives in and out without anyone seeing them.

Alwyn:
Spoiler :
Building Camaraderie: You go around meeting the other recruits into the Resistance and swapping stories. You meet Wulfric Abbot, a blacksmith's son from Kesh itself who joined the Resistance as a boy, and Cyne Grey, the daughter of a paladin. She's a bit stuck up, but her heart's in the right place as far as you can tell. The third and final person you really get to know over these few days is Heather Mason, an auburn-haired girl from Westport who spun a story you're reasonably sure is at least blown up a tad, about a fantastic escape from the Authority and a quest to recover secret documents before they destroyed the Resistance. She seems nice, but you didn't feel comfortable looking away from your valuables while around her.

Training Together(Synergy with Scarlett, Byleobog and Grigel): You hit the gym to train together with his new companions and friends, and the results are encouraging. Under Scarlett(For youth and ability) and Grigel's(for technical knowledge) tutelage, your swordsmanship has improved fantastically. Permanent +1 to hit with rapier.

Grigel:
Spoiler :
Last Rites: You spend time among the wounded and dying, healing where you can and blessing where you can't. The pain you've seen breaks your heart, but the thankful words from those who will survive - some thanks to you - are enough. You've earned goodwill this day.

Getting Back Into Things(Synergy with Alwyn, Byleobog and Scarlett): Despite your age, you held your own in training, perhaps due to your greater experience. You helped instruct Alwyn on more advanced swordsmanship techniques, and though you ultimately lost the "best of three" sparring match with Byleobog, you gave him a good fight and proved to yourself that you haven't lost all your old skill. +1 to all combat actions next mission.

Byelobog:
Spoiler :
Inspection: You manage to locate where the amulet is stored and take a look at it. On a surface examination, all you can tell is that it's made of a strange silvery metal that seems to ripple like water, emblazoned with that curious lightning bolt symbol, and feels almost...alive. When you put it next to your ear, you think you can hear faint voices. You do discover a faint line that you're sure means it can be opened like a locket, but despite all your efforts, you can't pry it apart through brute force or creative enchantment. It must only open in the presence of a person or object it's linked to.

Training Together(Synergy with Alwyn, Scarlett and Grigel): You attended the group training session, managed to beat Grigel in a "best of three" sparring match, and generally applied yourself with commendable abandon. For your part, while the others focused on hitting each other with swords, you spent most of your time working on your arcane abilities. +1 Spell Per Day for next mission.

Dat training exercise. You all rolled like freaking champions. Since only DT voted on the mission, PRISON BREAK IS A GO WOO. Katarina is GMPC, although I'm not above bringing Cyne, Wulfric or Heather along if I decide to.

See you all Monday :)

-L

Top Bottom