The Road to War - Ultimate Edition!

I know it has a DLL, but is it different from the Firaxis version (other than the fact that one is 3.17 and the other is now 3.19)? Since UE is a full install, it would have a DLL file in the download even if it wasn't changed between versions (the one that comes with civ has a DLL too).

I don't know :).

I have 3.17 patch still so I can't help you out unfortunately.

I can always attach the dll file (CvGameCoreDLL.dll)?

If you could attach the 3.17 default DLL source that would be helpful. Then I would be able to compare it with the UE source and update if necessary.

Damn, I can't seem to upload the files because Firefox repeatedly crashed when I tried to add the files to upload queue.
Apologies. I guess you will need to get your own 3.17 version and see for yourself then.

I'll try posting in the main creation forum to see if anyone has it, as I don't want to do a reinstall of civ (I never saved the old RTW folder when I installed UE).

OK, I never got anything from the thread but I think I managed to get the source by manually extracting the 3.17 patch (this involved a lot of hair pulling, frustration, and installing a ton of programs; not recommended for the timid). Now I'll just redownload UE to get its source and I'll be able to compare the two to see the differences and merge them into the Firaxis 3.19 DLL. After that I'll merge in the rest of the changes from UE into 3.19 (in case other files were changed in the process).

when i try to unzip folder for rtw, it says 'insert last disk of multi volume set', but i tried all the disks but it still don't work.

Hi guys first time i tried this mod.

I started off with the Global Assault scenario. To my surprise Germany have not that big an army compared to others, only 8th largest. Italy for instance is much stronger but from what i remember in history they were in pretty bad shape compared to Germany. The navy is also quite small but I'm sure they had many battleships

Hey guys!

First post here, so really appreciate if you could bear with me

I have been playing this mod for half a year now - in and out - and very "instinctively" I must add :p
Now for the last few days, I feel more involved with the great mod and ofcourse, resultingly with the forum

Did quite reading and grasped quite a lot of things I even didn't hear of and that's great.

Nevertheless there is this one point that really killing me :mad:
What is a "battlefield"? I mean, what significance does it have? what good is it? Or maybe is it only a cool graphic smoke that points the gamer that a battle took place? And most importantly is there any way to turn it OFF?? It really annoys me ass I can't see the terrain and units behind the smoke (even units deep inside in my own territory, let alone enemy/neutral territory)

Any info and suggestions please :(

Thanks a lot

To turn off Battle Effects - (not recommended as it adds realism to the battlefield and it's impacts on the local economy) :)

Find GlobalDefinesAlt.xml in \Mods\The Road to War\Assets\XML

Change the 1
Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>DCM_BATTLE_EFFECTS</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>[B]1[/B]</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
to a 0
Code:
	<Define>
		<iDefineIntVal>[B]0[/B]</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

To turn off Battle Effects - (not recommended as it adds realism to the battlefield and it's impacts on the local economy) :)

Find GlobalDefinesAlt.xml in \Mods\The Road to War\Assets\XML

Change the 1
Code:
	<Define>
		<iDefineIntVal>[B]1[/B]</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
to a 0
Code:
	<Define>
		<iDefineIntVal>[B]0[/B]</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

Thanks Kiwitt :goodjob:
As I said, did quite reading of the mod here and seen that XML modification earlier. But now I am really curious about this; Does turning it off make any dramatic changes to gameplay other than losing that annoying smoke effect on the battlefield? :crazyeye:
Thanks again

Towns near the battlefield should have their economy reduced.

please help all i get is "stopped working " when loading it up!! i have done as the instructions say. Any thoughts anyone?

Did anyone encountered any problems installing the ultimate edition when Beyond the sword is installed with Steam?

I can see it in beyond the sword (it added the new scenarios with Hitler) but when I try to launch it (click OK), it only close beyond the sword without starting the mod...
I purchased bts on steam so I guess the install is a bit different than from the box version?
Do you have any tip to help me install this new version of road to war?
I tried only the add on first then I deleted the files and tried with the ultimate edition instead. still the same problem.
Have you ever hear of a similar problem?
I know the path is different with steam but still i found where the original rtw was installed and put the files there (after removing the original ones into another folder first).
I also found 2 other places on the computer with beyond the sword mod folder to i tried putting the ultimate edition there aswell but with the same result...
Let me know if you can help me or not
Thx

Hi Im not sure if this is the right thread, I don't usually go onto forums but I really want this one done and don't know how to do it :).

I have a basic understanding of modding (i.e. I can change the unit power ect. of units in the total war series)

Now what I want to happen is the canadian units to have the same as britains, commonwealth infatnry, churchills, the whole lot. I imagine that it could possible be as easy as finding where britains unit info is located and copying and pasting the info under canada, I just dont know where to find it. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thank you very much. OH and the mod version I have is rtw ultimate edition for v3.17 (dled right off Dales site)

p.s. if this is the wrong thread sorry like I said first time EVER writing on a forum

-Go into the UnitInfos.xml file(located in the Assets/XML/Units) and open with notepad(or wordpad, it works fine, too)
-Search for England, the scroll to 'till you see
Code:
                         <Units>
				<Unit>
					<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_MARINE</UnitClassType>
					<UnitType>UNIT_AMERICAN_NAVY_SEAL</UnitType>
				</Unit>
			</Units>
(you won't see this of course, since it's from the normal civ)
-copy all(unless you don't want all of them) of England Unique Units and replace them in spot for Canada(where ther <units/> spot is)(Copy the <Units> and </Units> part, also)

Top Bottom