The Road to War* Updated Global assault

werty

I can't get this to work in 3.19, do you have any suggestions?
It looks really fun, and it's a pain not to be able to use it!

I believe this scenario is no longer in development.

I may try one in 2011/2012 with Civ 5

any idea why in this version, that advancing AI armies 'freeze' and dont move, most notably the russian and japanese armies? is there any way to rectify this, whether through XML coding from another RtW version or any other way?

any help would be appreciated

i know most people now will be playing civ 5 and i wish i could, but on my relic of a pc i cannot run civ 5 so have to make do with this for the time being :(

Hey guys,

I'm new to this, so please bear with me, eh. :)

First of...cool that your taking some criticisms since I have a few. Ok..so were discussing the Global Senario right. I play the Hitler-Hirohito Global Senario so that is what I'll be commenting on. No I haven't tried the 'mini-mod' yet.

Alright...now, lets see...first of I do believe that there should be a few more cities. Specifically in Canada, USA, Brazil, South America, Australia, India (UK), Africa (UK, French), Norway, Greece, and the USSR. There should also be some cities in the Carribian and in the Pacific. The lack of cities in these countries kinda makes the map not as accurate as it could be. The cities may not be large, but there are a few in the north of Canada, the USSR, and the USA that seem to be missing. Speaking of cities...I think that there should be some land access to Canada's west coast (Vancouver). I also think that Istanbul should be moved to its proper location on the Bosphorus Straight. Oh yeah, please change the Canadian capital's name. Its Ottawa, not Ottowa.

I did my own map-modifying and added some of those missing cities, but I am not in the league y'all are.

That's it for now...I've got a few other suggestions, but I gotta go and download KiwiTT's mini-mod and play on. :)

You won't find any shortage of cities in my European Scenario ;)

Apparently I need a certain program to open the download. Do anyone know which program you need?

the download isn't working because you need the road to war: ultimate edition, which is dead now. It won't work without it.

I have the global assault map, but every time I play it, as soon as the game starts, It says "You have been defeated". There are no civs on the map, and it makes me go back to the main menu. How do I fix this?

I have the global assault map, but every time I play it, as soon as the game starts, It says "You have been defeated". There are no civs on the map, and it makes me go back to the main menu. How do I fix this?
Welcome to modding. Feel free to try.

It has been a long time since anyone posted...
Anyway, I think I found the problem. (Correct me if I'm wrong) There is no team 34 in the map but the XML coding is acting as if there is (i.e., under the plots, it says the plots are revealed to team 34 and it says other civs are in contact with team 34.) I'm not for sure if this is a major error that could make the map crash but it is still a mistake (a silly one at that...)

Nope, its not this, but I'll still try to fix the scenario.

Can you list the changes you made?

I have a few suggestions for the Global Scenario?

Balance Issues:
1) Remove goods factories from some of Italy's cities... Italy should not be able to build a massive airforce or a hundred tanks!! Right now, Italy is wayyyy too powerful...
2) Weaken the Soviet Union a bit; remove goods factories from their Asiatic cities which were not industrialized historically + maybe increase their maintenance costs. Right now, Operation Barbarossa results is doomed to fail.
3) give Finland some sort of defense against USSR... maybe I found this as an issue because I had to play with no Bitter Winter. Can anyone confirm?

Other than this, I think the scenario is amazingly balanced and other 1936 scenarios have no big balance issues at all from my experience.

Other ideas that require modding:
1) Patrol option for ships that allows for passive engagement of nearby targets. As Germany, I can use a fleet of transports to unload a large stack of units to invade England without having any control of the sea. In real life, this fleet would be sunk before it could unload units.
2) What-if mode that is open, but still relies on historical events. See vanilla WWI scenario where alliances were determined, but you could declare war with and make alliances with 3rd party nations.
3) Way to reduce aircraft range in Global to realistic levels while keeping those in Europe/Pacific unchanged. Is this possible apart from creating duplicate units?

I think if at least the few remaining balance issues were sorted out, it would make this amazing scenario even more amazing.

Add an Allied invasion force in Fortnight 1 June 1944, to represent D-Day

Top Bottom