The Road to War* Updated Global assault

kuff-dam

Illuminati
I started this as Dale announced he was no longer going to continue work on the mod and i felt there were a few tweaks that could be done on it to maximise the mod, especially my favourite scenario

any requests or complaints or questions , feel free

Can you list the changes you made?

I have a few suggestions for the Global Scenario?

Balance Issues:
1) Remove goods factories from some of Italy's cities... Italy should not be able to build a massive airforce or a hundred tanks!! Right now, Italy is wayyyy too powerful...
2) Weaken the Soviet Union a bit; remove goods factories from their Asiatic cities which were not industrialized historically + maybe increase their maintenance costs. Right now, Operation Barbarossa results is doomed to fail.
3) give Finland some sort of defense against USSR... maybe I found this as an issue because I had to play with no Bitter Winter. Can anyone confirm?

Other than this, I think the scenario is amazingly balanced and other 1936 scenarios have no big balance issues at all from my experience.

Other ideas that require modding:
1) Patrol option for ships that allows for passive engagement of nearby targets. As Germany, I can use a fleet of transports to unload a large stack of units to invade England without having any control of the sea. In real life, this fleet would be sunk before it could unload units.
2) What-if mode that is open, but still relies on historical events. See vanilla WWI scenario where alliances were determined, but you could declare war with and make alliances with 3rd party nations.
3) Way to reduce aircraft range in Global to realistic levels while keeping those in Europe/Pacific unchanged. Is this possible apart from creating duplicate units?

I think if at least the few remaining balance issues were sorted out, it would make this amazing scenario even more amazing.

This Global Scenario should be used in conjunction with my Mini-Mod, to ensure it works as well as it should. Kuff-Dam and myself have agreed to develop concurrently.

i've got a 50civ map going (a little slower than the usual) however am having some probs as it's lost in game interface

A tweak you may want to consider is setting the in the Diplomacy is to make some of the lesser nations "Vassal" of the major powers.

e.g.
Britain with Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa and India.
U.S.A. with Philipines, Brazil, etc.
Germany with Bulgaria, Hungary, etc. (NOT Finland)

A tweak you may want to consider is setting the in the Diplomacy is to make some of the lesser nations "Vassal" of the major powers.

e.g.

my thoughts were for the commonwealth to be as one

phillipines def with USA

siam , japan

mongolia , russia

Hmmm ... I think having each with their own economies would be better.

The level of economic integration was quite reduced for independent nations like above. However, India was still a colony officially. So for colonies yes. But for individual nations no.

e.g.

If this could be event-bound, since I hardly see Bulgaria as a German puppet in 1936 or in 1939. Possibly also give the vassal/master the possibility to choose.

My suggestions would be other choosable events. For example, Poland could give Danzig to Germany and only USSR would attack them, leaving Germany with France and England.

When I load the mod, then open the scenario option, there is no "Road to War" scenario option. There is a "WWII Global Assault" option, is this it? When I start this scenario, I get the "you have been defeated" message. Eventually it exits back to the main screen. Any suggestions?

When I load the mod, then open the scenario option, there is no "Road to War" scenario option. There is a "WWII Global Assault" option, is this it? When I start this scenario, I get the "you have been defeated" message. Eventually it exits back to the main screen. Any suggestions?

what version are you using? the road to war ultimate edition BTS 3.17?

also , have you edited your dll file?

Thanks for responding. I have BTS version 3.17. Is there a separate Road to War version 3.17?

Also I apologize, but I don't know what you mean by editing the dll file.

Thanks for responding. I have BTS version 3.17. Is there a separate Road to War version 3.17?

Also I apologize, but I don't know what you mean by editing the dll file.

i mean have you got the road to war ultimate edition ?

and if you dunno what i mean about the dll file then it ain't that

and yeah sorry , it's the 'WWII Global Assault' option

Thanks, installed the ultimate road to war, and the global assault scenario, works fine. The scenario looks great, can't wait to spend time with it.

You may want to add my mini-mod which will evenyually incorporate "Kuff-Dams" Global Assault map

I checked out this update and really wanted to play it but whne I downloaded everything I had to delete things and Unzipthings and I dont have a clue on what to do.:confused: Could somebody give me a detailed list on how to install this please. Thanks :goodjob:

Top Bottom